This is what a 76 hour paycheck looks like for a server. Keep this in mind the next time you decide not to tip

This is what a 76 hour paycheck looks like for a server. Keep this in mind the next time you decide not to tip.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sn9nnOkASDg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I know this is a ruse but seriously, why do Americans make their servers rely on tips?

he/she made 76 hours worth in tips

Fuck you faggot.
In my state waiters get paid state minimum wage before tips

because paying someone minimum wage is stupid when they can make double that on a single table

No.

where the fuck is that from? around here we have minimum wage for servers even it's like 8.40$ or something.

Good thing you're looking for a different job

that was 2013. Now you would make 1.80

sounds like the problem of the employee and the employer, not me

Is that illegal in america? Or is that a state-by-state thing?

muh >merits

Which is fine on paper, but everyone being self-interested actors, nobody's going to willfully part with *more* of their own dollars because the server was extra nice or whatever. Tips should be banned.

In my city servers get paid minimum wage AND Tips.

The minimum wage will be 15 dollars in 3 years too

it is a state by state thing. some places only have to pay minimum wage if you don't make enough in tips
other places pay federal minimum wage before tips
other places pay state minimum wage before tips

Who leaves a $15 tip? And if they do, why do the owners feel entitled to every cent that comes through the restaurant, other than what is owed for the meal?

They're always sticking their hands out.

the government makes exceptions to our rights when it is convenient for them

in this case servers dont "need" minimum wage because they get tips

except when you don't get enough tips you get minimum wage

looks like a bad shill paycheck

>Who leaves a $15 tip?

People who aren't niggers.

>Keep this in mind the next time you decide not to tip.
Blow it out your ass and get a better job.

>too fucking stupid to escape min-wage job
>major in underwater basket weaving
>fucking jamal and tyree thereby giving birth to 10 kids without a babby daddy and having to raise them up yourself
>complaining about wages
k

depends where you work, say it's a table of 4 or something, the bill comes up to 100$ everyone ordered a burger with fries and a pint. and they pay the customary 15%

boom 1 table.

This is what a self-entitled person looks like. He actually thinks it's our job to pay his salary.

that's the owners fault. pay them normal minimum wages and make them split tips with the kitchen staff, as it should be. stop fucking crying.

I'll leave this here....

I have the perfect solution for you:
S t a r v e
faggot

>This is what a 76 hour paycheck looks like for a server.
Keep this in mind the next time you decide to not get educated in STEM

Why can't 4chans servers cost so little?

the law is if you get paid less than minimum wage after tips they are supposed to bump it up to minimum wage

on top of that, in that 76 hours, that server probably easily made over 2k in tips. ive worked places where the servers make 150k a year. nobody feels bad. shitty service equals no tip.

You faggots need to reverse image search like I did.

Because you can make your own fucking food fatass if you want too. It's a service for someone else to make and serve you food. Only niggers don't tip

Why dont you get a job that pays a living wage, or is carrying a tray and fucking up my drink order all you can do?

>friendly reminder its against federal law to NOT pay minimum wage
>if a servers income on a paycheck DOES NOT equal what it was if they were paid minimum wage the company is LEGALLY REQUIRED to pay the difference

>faling for the tipping jew

For those two weeks that server made $1400. Thats like $35k per year. Half of it untaxed cash.

Literally suck my dick.

> Keep this in mind the next time you decide not to tip.
Keep this in mind when you're giving shitty service.

No, fuck off.

You can bullshit all you want, but that is not 76 hours for a servers check. You would make substantially more. My first job was waiting tables in 2004, and I was paid 3.40 an hour. That alone, is enough to prove that your check is bullshit.

Fuck off, and if I ever see your lying ass, I'll make sure to stiff you on the tip too.

Former server here.

You're full of shit.

This is bait.

That tip should be more still. I always do 20% of the bill.

HAHAHA. During the hiring process they sit you down, and show you a figure. They say "this is the salary we are offering you. If you accept this sign here."
Its not my fault they agreed to that. I bet they have signed up for a shit load of credit cards are are buried in debt too, simply because they didn't look up what "apr" meant.

>server
I can't wait until everything is automated. You don't have to tip robots.

Fuck off cunt, I know the law and so do you (you dishonest, worthless sack of shit). You're entitled to minimum wage if your tips dont meet or exceed it, the only way your sorry ass is worth a tip is if the service is fucking ace and there was minimal helicopter bullshit (if you earned it I'll tip 20%, more if you have a sense of humor or some kind of disability but were able to keep up and no being clinically retarded doesnt count). Take it up with your boss because it's his ass not paying you

>heres your (you)

The only solution is not tipping btw
>everybody starts refusing to tip at all
>waiters start to quit because it doesnt pay
>nobody want to wait for 0 pay
>restaurants are forced to introduce a normal wage roll for waiters

with that they are forced to make the food somewhat more expensive (around $1-2 per meal) but it would compensate stuff like having extremly obnoxious waiters extorting you for tips

Ya. no.

Reminder that if servers don't make at least minimum wage in tips, restaurants must pay them minimum wage. Clearly that's a check from a Waiter who made more than minimum wage in tips.
Sage your shit bait

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!
Stay cucked USA.

This
/thread

As someone who was in food service for several years, it's good the way it is.

It's important to realize that the way the system works is that servers still end up cumulatively making minimum wage, but that employers essentially only pay the difference between what they get from tips and what they're supposed to get. If you bring in more than the minimum you keep the excess (still have to pay taxes on the income of course).

So if I'm working 40 hours a week and I bring in $250 in tips, then my employer only has to chip in another $40 that week to make up the difference, but if I bring in $300 in tips, I get $10 more than I would have on minimum wage and it doesn't cost my employer any money.

This allows restaurant owners to keep the cost of eating out lower, which encourages more customers and, in turn, more tipping.

The only servers who bitch about tipping are the ones who can't be fucking bothered to make a very basic effort.

In my state there is a special minimum wage for servers. They get $3.02/hr vs $9/hr. a normal tip is is 15%, so if you work at a high class restaurant you can make a living wage.

I posted this image that showed that this thread is bait and you faggots are arguing over tipping still?

Jesus Christ guys.....

yeah it's pretty retarded desu I don't get this form of tipping, it can easily be replaced with wages according to what the restaurant's quality and service.

it's not like it changes the service since people tip AFTER their meal, not before it like in europe.

all it is, is 20something who've been waiters for too long and want a raise but can't get one because you can't get a raise from tips.

What the hey, Australia, why'd you swap flags with Canaduh?

Just stand by the road and beg next time you degenerate loser

>tipping
>waiter/waitresses
youtube.com/watch?v=sn9nnOkASDg

kek

gtfo with this cheap bait

Why should I care if someone makes less than minimum wage?

looks like a class action settlement check

Hola Senor restaurantador !

My names is Juan De La Noche III and puedo come to your pais thanks to mamà Hillary y su open bordera, que oportunidad !

Un dollares and seventy cents por un dia de 14h de horas de trabajo para working for you ? Without declararlo por el impuesto ? No problemo, es 4x mas que en mi ciudad de Burrito City !

When can I empiezar ?

What state are you in?
I agree with you but am wondering...
Because in MI, its a $3 minimum hourly and then if they dont make minimum wage the employer pays the difference

Kek, it's things like this that have made me tip 10% for average service and 0 for bad.

yeah.. its the tippers fault, not the fucking government who allows paying this disgusting paycheck. Come to Poortugal where apparently a server has a better paycheck than in the US.

LOL OP is exposed

>it's a service

So is pretty much every other job you fucking retard. Do you tip the garbage men too, for transporting trash you could've taken to the landfill yourself?

why does tipping bother Euroboors? is it because you hate FREEDOM?

every restaurant meal in america comes with an automatic 10-20% discount. you can choose to accept or reject the discount at will

Beware. Tip often, tip lots or you'll just pay more taxes.

Tipping entitlement is becoming a big problem. I suggest everyone starts tipping 10% for average service. Last time the waiter brought my food last out of my friends and took a little while to bring my second beer. Tipped 10%. If he wants 20% he has to impress me.

No, it kind of is... Here at least... The servers make almost nothing in most places. I have a friend who makes $3.30 hourly before tips, not sure how it works in the land of syrup but im sure its better then mr.Krabs in the usa

DARK AT THE TOP WHITES AT THE BOTTOM ITS EVERYWHERE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Work 76 hours
>Make at least $3.75 an hour not including tips
Nigger please
Take your bait thread somewhere else

agreed, tip the pizza guy at least because most of the time it's on their own gas and mileage.

fuck, work 10 hours a day at mininmum wage on your feet in an assembly line or before complaining about carrying dishes is hard work and underpaid. sorry, youcan't extort people into buying your newer benz and squaring your clubbing and coke debt.

just entitled charismatic types. painted faces, plastic smiles, fuck off

>You don't know me. don't act like you do you friendly whore holding the babyback ribs and brewskies.

I dont tip, I dont believe in it

because the menu prices are lower which drives demand

its basic fucking economics wow educate yourself

Maybe the food and drinks should be complementary too and I should just pay whatever I think it's worth?

Don't give me that, ff she don't make enough money she can quit

get a different job you fucking faggot. If you're going to complain about not getting enough money, go to walmart and become a fucking door greeter or more money.

Fucking dumb ass servers and their tip entitlement.

Don't like your job? Work at a gas station. Work at McDonalds.

stupid fucks

just how do you think the owner gets money to pay his employees?

>Our server average is 8.40 an hour
No way in fuck motherfucker
I got 5 and I was above minimum for my state which is above the average
Your inflation can't be that bad

I don't tip because society says I have to

Nigger do you think anyone tipped the pickaninnies?

What makes you any better? What? Because you volunteered for slavery I owe you? lol!!! You're really going places!

Alright, I mean i'll tip if somebody really deserves it if they really put in the effort ill give them something extra

But I mean, tipping automatically?
It's for the birds

Self entitled people look like a paycheck?

You're supposed to get at least minimum wage if you don't hit it with tips.

I mean, as far as im concerned, they're just doing their job

this

For those of you who don't know, they log tips and deduct it from your pay

thread is over

Solution:
Anyone who refuses to tip, take the card numbers if they pay with card.
Also like others have said, alot pf the non tippers are niggers. Ive seen someone give great service and not be tipped by niggers many times now.

It isn't my responsibility. If the restaurant industry legit can't afford to pay its waitstaff proper wages, then the industry needs to change.

But demanding that you be tipped or you give us the evil eye and ruin our pleasant dining experience... is coercion, and it's not right.

Tipping is commonly placed at 15%.
If you're at a bar and doing drinks only, I try to do $1 per drink.

i've seen five replies to you and they're all wrong

it's about tax evasion. some restaurants have tried no tip policy, and the waitresses get pissy because all of their money is subject to income tax

by underreporting cash tips on income taxes, they are able to steal more for themselves

they make an easy living that anyone with a basic grasp of the native language can do

Look, I ordered coffee, we've been here a long fucking time and she's only filled my cup 3 times

>people dont tip
>this causes the staff to quit cause they need money to live
>business can't operate
>business loses business
>business goes out of business

or

>business sets a minimum wage
>all other competing businesses allow for tipping
>every staff at this very business will never make more than minimum wage
>they only put in minimum effort

>work in the only industry where people pay you extra because it's polite
>complain that you get paid extra

i'm a server and fuck servers this job is so easy

My family and I usually pay about %20 and round to the nearest $5. So on $100 restaurant bill totals we pay about $20

oh and because of tipping, the menu prices are actually cheaper than if you had to include the extra labor costs you suggest

i mean this is extremely basic math here and im surprised you didn't catch that. Im guessing you're from somolia?

You know, I used to work minimum wage, and when I did, I wasn't lucky enough to have a job that society deemed tip worthy

I only tip cute, chatty waitresses