What's everyone's thoughts on Astrud Gilberto?

What's everyone's thoughts on Astrud Gilberto?

>implying Sup Forums has good enough taste in music to know who she is
The closest they get to Bossa Nova is the autistic random noise they listen to and call Jazz.
They'll probably think that's Bailey Jay.

She's wildly overrated, too much English on that album in particular

Op here, what artist is similar to her but better in your eyes? I liked that album but it would be great if I could find a better album in the same style. Thanks

Getz is good shit, I've found some of Astrud's albums in thrift stores. MPB is superior to bossa nova in my opinion however

Thanks will check out some mpb

The accent is pretty though.

"autistic random noise"

>actually being degenerate enough to think that it isn't music if you don'y like it
kys

my brasilfu. she makes really comfy music for driving around on a sunny day or relaxing at a pool or beach

the girl from ipanema makes me happy

Love her voice. Obviously the Getz/Gilberto stuff is best but i've listened to that album and a few of her others also and like them.

First of all, out temer

Astrud is gr8 btw

dude i love Astrud but she's literally babbys first bossa nova

Best bossa nova albums in your opinion?

she's an ass turd.

Not like it's that great of a genre. Pop music in another language is still pop music.

Listen to Gal Costa's 1968 album (Nao Identificado is track 1)

Thanks user, will listen now

Different user,
Crazy ass intro

She's terrible, her husband paid for her career. Her record's an embarrassment.

I promise it's good shit. Look into Caetano Veloso afterwards

The instant success of the album Getz/Gilberto and the its top single "The Girl From Ipanema" paid for her career. Her first single was extremely popular lol

she's not a singer, but the fact of her being asked to sing anyway meant that her voice has this naive quality to it that isn't technically impressive, but is attractive in its own untutored way - like how Bresson used non-professional actors.