Is $5000 USD a month enough to live decently in Tokyo?

Is $5000 USD a month enough to live decently in Tokyo?

Can I have an apartment to myself near Shibuya and be a baller, fucking hot Jap sluts every week?

Other urls found in this thread:

homes.co.jp/chintai/tokyo/shibuya_00578-st/list/
kotaku.com/what-a-crappy-tokyo-apartment-1793812185
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no, just live next to Yamanote-line.

>fucking hot jap

there's no such thing

Gaijin go home!

Seriously, what's so great about Japan? Do people actually enjoy living there? Do they have good outdoors?

lol, i remember a doujinshi that i read recently, some westerner comes to japan to fuck hot japan girls but somehow japanese change his gender and fuck him instead

beware!

RACIST

it's a comfy country and people are friendly if you're respectful.

i wanna nut on her feet

yes, $5000 per month is enough to have a decent life here.
About fucking hot chicks, it depends on how attractive you look.
In my opnion, a 5/10 white guy can be seen as 6-7/10, and a 6/10 is 7.5/10, and a 7/10 White is 8.5/10 in Japan.
IF you are below 4/10, you really have no advantage of being White.

>In my opnion, a 5/10 white guy can be seen as 6-7/10, and a 6/10 is 7.5/10, and a 7/10 White is 8.5/10 in Japan.
>IF you are below 4/10, you really have no advantage of being White.

it sounds so awfully specific, how do you even say a 7 from 7.5 and stuff

It's just my opinion.

Nipponpon

>comfy

if you mean $5,000 after tax and national healthcare fee, i think you can, except for fancy districts in central wards, though it highly depends on your standards for 'decent'.
as for shibuya, the average rent for what we call "one room", 10-25 square meters basic flats (mainly meant for students or young, single salarymen,) is $800-1,000 a month; and assuming other basic living cost (food, water, electricity, etc.) is $500-1,000, you can still spend a couple of thousands a month on what you want to do in tokyo. but, to be honest, those one rooms would be too small to be decent for people from anglo countries that isn't britain, and probably you would want at least 40 square meters class ones. in that case rent would be over $1,500. also, if you want to own a car, the average parking fee is $400 a month in shibuya.

jesus fucking christ, you guys live in shipping boxes at this point?

Post an example of a 4/10 white guy. I want my dreams of fucking hot chicks thoroughly crushed.

yea

It's more than enought. Food is cheap, or at least Hanamasa is cheap. And you shouldn't spend more than 100.000 yens on rent. My girlfriend has an apartment close to Sakura-shinmachi Station and she pays 70.000 yens.

It is. Go there before you judge. I love it. I'd never live there cause japanese is tpo difficult to learn, but the country is so damn peaceful

Just look up Davido-kun

>Davido-kun
If he's 4/10 then what the hell is a 3?

No, Japan for the Japanese!

friend of mine lives in such an apartment in germany but with a complete small kitchen.
the rent is 180€ per month.

Depends on where you live
For example, if you live in a city center like an image use more than 1000 dollars a month for rent
It costs 300 dollars a month if you live in the suburbs such as Saitama
But the residents of Tokyo tend to want to live in the city center and look down on the suburbs so if you have a high pride let's live in the city center

please refer

that is great, is it a shithole neighborhood?

That's because Tokyo is a world city, and Germany a shithole.

what shithole part of germany do you live in?

nvm, all of germany is a shithole.

canada is too tbf

In the world city people pay for the intellectual property on land mostly instead of paying for the flat mostly.
1/10 made me write a reply

>intellectual property of the land
>intellectual property
>of the land

go to school before replying m8

Take your pills against trisomy 21 shitposting disorder.

Coming from the guy who autistically replies to me for no reason, claiming there is such a thing as "intellectual property of the land".

Utterly embarrassing. You can still delete your posts and pretend this exchange never happened.

He means the price of the land is influencing the rent.
If you compare a similar sized and build flat, the one in the world city will be more expansive but you don't get a better flat. He uses the wrong words.

No wonder people moves to Germany.

Which makes his reply even more stupid, because why even reply with such a trite and irrelevant statement.

>such a trite and irrelevant statement.
He is swiss, what do you expect? That's practically their national pastime.

for the first time in my life I see a japan flag typing anything else that is not complete shitpost
And it appears to me that deutsch and dutch are taking their place
weird thread

it is so cheap for that rent to be honest

>$5000 USD a month
>near Shibuya

rent alone will take up at least 60% of that, not to mention food/necessities which are especially expensive in central Tokyo.

Tokyo's expensive but $5000 USD a month should cover you pretty well unless you're blowing all your money on anime figures

Tokyo has a good public transport so you really shouldn't try to live in Shibuya. If you do that's like $1k a month in rent alone, just for a one-room. Plus a "key charge" (i.e. a bribe to your landlord) of 1-2 months rent when you first move in, PLUS a deposit which could be another month or two, PLUS another fee if you don't have an employer serving as your guarantor, PLUS parking and fire insurance and so on up front, PLUS the first month or two rent in advance. You could pay up to $6000 (or more) just in moving fees alone before you even start on rent, for an apartment the size of a one bed hotel room.

If you're alright with that, then you could probably live even in Shibuya on $5k a month, although I can't stress enough that you'd be so much better off living just an hour's train ride away.

White pig go home

when I say "one-room" by the way, I mean real little. Like sub 20sq meters

homes.co.jp/chintai/tokyo/shibuya_00578-st/list/

kotaku.com/what-a-crappy-tokyo-apartment-1793812185

Holy shit Japan is expensive. Fuck first world.

I read on some news that Moscow is one of the most expensive cities in the world.
It's not really that bad in real?

Hey I've read that one too!

The rest of Japan isn't too bad, although social security is a nightmare for low-income people, particularly foreigners. Don't live in the middle of Tokyo unless you've got so much money you don't care what you do with it.

Not that guy, but after recent devaluation Moscow is pretty cheap. One room apt (with separate kitchen an entrance hall) in commiblocks cost about 600 dollars per month

Do you love Japan

Sauce?

small city in east germany former commie block and it takes 15 min to city center by bike.
neighbours are mostly germans, russians and poles.

>600 dollars per month

That's nowhere near cheap

Japan don't have such degenerate cartoons. If you don't post the source nobody will believe you.

I too think living in Japan could be very comfy
I disagree with the hot chick thing. Should wait until you find a nice good grill and wait until marriage desu
But yeah i have a fantasy. Coming across a large sum of money some how would make it easiest. But otherwise finding a fairly simple and easy job that earns you enough money and living in a smaller area in Japan, Matsuyama and Kagoshima look good to me for some reason, or maybe somewhere in the north of the main island whatever it's called. But yeah finding a comfy job in a comfy area and eking out a quite and peaceful existence. Sounds really comfy desu.

enough make a living

> fucking hot Jap sluts every week

need more unless you look decent white guy.

How many reincarnations need to receive, for living like that.

On this point,
how do I find a comfy job in Japan that preferably isn't english teaching and is enough to make a living?

I need to read this

Try living in London chica

That STILL doesn't make it cheap

I'll be honest I don't know the average wage of a worker in Moscow so I can't really say, either way it's all relative
I lived in Plzeň for a couple of years for an English company (so English salary) and could live like a king, was pretty comfy

us5000 doller is noice to live Tokyo.
yes u can rent 800 - 900 usd flat a month. very tiny space though.
and you can't live near Shibuya area.
very expensive area.
inside Yamanote-line is expensive also.

>could live like a king

Well, duh, it's not the capital. I still bet you could get more than a shitty 1 room apartment for $600/month

I wanna go back, w-will you accept me senpai?

Don't stick with Shibuya, Just rent a room near yamamote or saikyo line.

Once you do it 5000 per a month will be too much

Do what you want, I don't care. I don't live in Pilsen.

OOGA BOOGA WHERE DA JAP LITTLE CHICK?

is prostitution legal in japan
how expensive is this with japanese, not chinese

Sauce

smart move, takeshi.

If I wnet to Japan I wouldn't move to tokyo, I'd go to a smaller town like Fukuoka or Kagoshima. Gaijin are more of a novelty there too I suspect.

I would just move to Osaka and hang out with all the superior Zanaichis

Pls respond
I need to know!