One of the most genuinely sympathetic villains in cinema history

One of the most genuinely sympathetic villains in cinema history

Is a fucking Pharoah from a bible cartoon

How?

Because the bible is one of the greatest collections of short stories ever written, carefully analyzed and interpreted by some of the smartest men in history

Because of his relationship with Moses

The heroes were the Jews

This is what really made it good. The way Ramses goes from being happy that his little bro is back, laughing and poking fun at him for his weird desert clothes, to treating him like an enemy was brilliantly done and made him a good villain and kind of sympathetic at the same time.

It's strange how so many other movies with bigger budgets try to do the whole "brothers become enemies thing" and fail so miserably (Star Wars III) but this animated movie about a bible story absolutely nails it.

Plus his innocent firstborn son got murdered. Hard not to feel bad about that.

because the bible is one of the greatest works of literature ever written

>Pharoah
>Villain

WE

was expecting some fedora tipping but thats pretty good

source? I would actually like to watch a bible kino right now

how old are you?

Netflix nigga

lol, he isn't sympathetic at all in the Bible. his being a sympathetic villain (something primitive sand Jews basically had no concept of) is purely a postmodern affectation of the director/screenwriter.

Not sure, but the Bible created some of the best tropes that are still used today.

Prince of Egypt you underage

From my point of view, the Jews are evil.

>one of the most genuinely sympathetic villains in literature history

Fixed that for you
The book of Exodus is fucked up because it shits on the notion of free will. Neither Moses nor Ramses has any interest in the drama. Moses doesn't want to free the Hebrews, and Ramses doesn't want to be a bitch about it and endure the plagues. God forces each of them to do both.

It's a story about purpose, and The Prince of Egypt fucking kills it at representing that

Tragic as FUCK

>val kilmer as moses

It's not Ramses on his own, because when you get down to it, shitting on Hebrews is practically a family tradition, nothing more to it. But then you have Moses, who comes out as his enemy, a guy he used to love deeply. That conflict is where it's at.

>sympathetic villain fetish
Please, tell us all more about your fermenting daddy issues, you're clearly sitting on them

>He hasn't seen it yet.
Kiddo, you're in for pure, undistilled bible kino

>Lose war
>Lose son
>Lose artifact
>Sent back to a home which crumbles into a wasteland without said artifact
>Be tired of war
>Enemy's son shows up to stir the shit
>Give him a chance to fuck off so there won't be bloodshed
>Doesn't stick
>Forced to start a war
>Gets a free chance to end it quickly and quietly while also retrieving the aforementioned artifact to rebuild the disintegrating land
>Fukt over by own son at the exact moment of triumph
>Disintegrated

Being Laufey is suffering

>God forces each of them to do both
I have met rabbis upset about this who think God pulled a dick move. Also, they admit there's no historical basis for Exodus whatsoever and the Egyptian scribes recorded nothing even vaguely resembling the events.

Val Kilmer can sing like a mother fucker.

You hit the nail on the head but I think what really makes it even more appealing is the fact they both have their "duty" that ultimately separates them. Sometimes a man must put aside all emotions to do what is right for the well being of his nation.

It's fucking inspiring and why women, niggers and reddit will never truly understand it.

>You're playing with the big guys now

What did he mean by this?

>YHWH is an asshole

Who knew?

He sure had a lot of loyalty for a well looked after adopted brother...

>Once I called you big guy
>Once I thought the chance to bring your friends
>Was all I ever wanted

This
Im not even a Christian

this movie suffered from poor songs.

most weren't catchy or memorable.

>Because the bible is one of the greatest collections of short stories ever written, carefully analyzed and interpreted by some of the smartest men in history

Perfectly said

It's common knowledge it never happened.

Ancient Egypt had a pretty good labor plan going on where peasants worked on monuments and shit in the down time between the Nile floods.

nice b8

>I have met rabbis upset about this who think God pulled a dick move.
>>YHWH is an asshole
which explains Jewish neuroticism. their religious legal foundation is based balancing anal-retentiveness and mental gymnastics to out-jew God.

take a look at the Talmud (not Kabbalah, which is mysticism and the Torah which is history).