Should Disney remake the prequels?

And who would you cast?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NB2CNr692RE
youtube.com/watch?v=ZZq53GloUhw&t=13s
youtube.com/watch?v=TlbVlRLtDE0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Same people, except this time we should give them a better script

Do a Star Trek remake alternate/Mirror Universe.

Vader is the most compelling character in Star Wars. Aside from the bots ;-)

No. If Disney does anything to the prequels I will absolutely REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

No, but a special edition upgrading the CG elements and some extensive ADR work to smooth out the clunkier line reads would be welcome.

this

Disney will wait until Lucas dies.

Should Disney recast you with a more appealing, enjoyable person, and how should they dispose of you in the process?

Fuck this. Leave Lucas alone. The flaws are a part of history now. There is still plenty to appreciate.

It's already stupid that they had to explain the deathstar weakness in Rogue One.

I don't think they're good at all, but no.

the prequels can be fixed with better editing

Disney will wait until they can stop printing "new" star wars films and make mad profit off it

I never had a problem understanding why the Death Star had a goddamn exhaust port, even when I was eight. It's the most obvious thing in the fucking world.

>If you shoot a missile down the exhaust port, it blows up the core
>It has an exhaust port to release all the energy it uses BLOWING UP PLANETS

Nothing can save these movies. Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

No.

They shouldn't even have made TFA or agreed to make a new set to begin with.

This. Pisses me off that they have to say "whatever Lucas intended was bad, therefore we are going to put on this fedora hat and explain it as an intentional flaw by a rebellious engineer"

Listen you turd, the exhaust port makes perfect sense. What doesn't make sense is why an explosion would cause a chain reaction that'd blow up the entire station. Same thing happens in ESB, Luke throws a grenade in the AT-AT and the entire fucking head blows up. It doesn't make sense. We give it a pass because nostalgia, but it's stupid writing.

But it does make sense. It was a one in a million shot that made using the force. Luke is a hero. He's the only one who could make the shot.

The AT AT is nitpicking. It's only bad writing because you are a contrarian and will always find something to bitch about.

Lucas is one of the greatest film makers of all time. Rogue One's attempts to fix these things shows how Disney just doesn't understand Lucas.

Lucas likes to show and not tell in his filmmaking. He wants things open to discussion. He doesn't want to explain everything away. This is why when he went into midichlorians it was horrible.

I started replying to your post then realized you were joking. You got me. 8/10

Even if the exhaust port's flaw was intentional, it still took a good pilot with force sensitivity to get the shot off. The other guys couldn't do it, even with a computer! Galen Erso could have never predicted that.

I'm not joking.

>other guys couldn't do it, even with a computer!
It's not impossible, I use to bullseye womp-rats in my T-16 back home, and they're not much bigger than 3 meters.

Well, you should be. Anybody that says Lucas is one of the greatest film makers of all time unironically is mentally ill.

No, you're just an underage faggot.

Lucas revolutionized the filmmaking and special effects in the OTs... as well as made science fiction popular on the big screen.

Lucas revolutionized CGI in PT and began the largest studio in that field.

>Fuckin' sandy haired desert dwelling twink thinks he can talk to me like that.

>Lucas revolutionized CGI in PT

This isn't even one of the major CGI scenes you nitpicking faggot

>one of the major CGI scenes

This proves my point. This scene was groundbreaking for 2002.

Nah. This was groundbreaking 2002 CGI. Not that cartoon crap.

youtube.com/watch?v=NB2CNr692RE

Not really fare comparing the two because they both were groundbreaking.

Lucas' CGI was much better than anything done in LOTR though.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZZq53GloUhw&t=13s

>Lucas' CGI was much better than anything done in LOTR though.
nah

youtube.com/watch?v=TlbVlRLtDE0

This isn't shit compared to the PT. Sorry.