All memes aside, what is your opinion on Angela Merkel?

All memes aside, what is your opinion on Angela Merkel?

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-03-14/russia-s-alternative-universe-immigrants-welcome
epochtimes.de/politik/deutschland/ist-frankfurt-die-erste-stadt-mit-unter-50-prozent-deutschen-ohne-migrationshintergrund-a2155084.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guttenberg_plagiarism_scandal
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annette_Schavan#Plagiarism
youtube.com/watch?v=s0N9_V7wlUw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Blood on her hands

She's very good at what she's doing (I do not agree with her policies).
She's been in power for so long, was she ever part of a scandal of any sort?

not a fan of her politics but compared to other leaders of countries she shines (no scandals every now and then)

I don't hear much about her.
I heard she likes open borders, then I heard she regretted letting so many people in, now she's letting more in. So I'm confused.

I want to hate her but she's at least trying to keep the union together

Not my president

Leader of the free world, until America gets someone competent again

She will be remembered as a political genius.

>tfw merkel is more height than me
>tfw no feelings inside

>She's very good at what she's doing (I do not agree with her policies).
I feel the same to be honest

I'm not allowed to express my honest opinion about our godchancellor

based mutti

I think she is intelligent (yes, she is, unfortunately) , but I don't trust her for one second. She is the head figure of the destructive policies imposed onto Europe atm.

I'd vote for her if I were German.

Evidentially quite an effective political operator although I don't know enough about German politics to go further than that.

I think she's quite good looking, relatively speaking. (My reference-comparisons are Nicola Sturgeon, Theresa May and Hillary Clinton. Despite being about as unattractive as them in "conventional" terms, somehow she's not really.)

1. Shes an idiot.
2. She is a traitor and evil.
Choose visely.

next EU emperor

Mummy!

Since I knew she was childless everyhting made sense to me.

Despite the migrant issue, she represents economic stability and I like that.

Beside her letting in millions of refugees she has done a very good job so far. Our economy is the strongest in Europe and very stable, people earn more money thanks to her, etc.

Unfortunately, because of the refugee crysis I can't vote for her anymore.

Don't like her. Too conservative. I agree with her letting in the refugees but I don't think she did it for humanitarian reasons. She just wanted a cheap source of labor.

I'd fuck younger merkel desu.

Opportunistic bitch that keeps lying to the people just to stay in power.

same here until now, thanks senpai

>refugees
>source of labor

Could go onto a long rant against her but can't be arsed smart but a cunt much like many German leaders

She is doomed

this. Unfortunately she's really smart, or the rest of the country is dumb as shit. I don't even know anymore.
>Our economy is the strongest in Europe and very stable
And that's due to the refugees, because the lobbies are constantly pushing their pro refugee shit on us, because they don't need to pay the minimal wage to these people.
The CEOs don't have to worry, they'll move to some gated community in america after their last million while we normal people have to deal with this shit.

dont you read the news? refugees make shitty labour, german industry doesnt want them anymore

this. she lets migrants in but at least her policies also let ordinary germans make more money, live a better life and increase their wealth.
in russia for example putin invited millions of immigrants but at the same time our economy is unstable as fuck because of oil prices, so is our currency. and ordinary russians are still poor as hell

bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-03-14/russia-s-alternative-universe-immigrants-welcome

Yes, but the main reason we have to deal with all these "high skilled doctors" were them and Merkel does everything for the car lobby.

I think this is not true. I do believe that Merkel wanted to help the refugees out of genuine compassion

I think she figured they were getting in unless she literally had them shot at the border.
So she gave up.

I don't. The "refugee" problem isn't old.
We just ignored it because we didn't had to take care of it. We just nagged and criticised the italians who had to take all the people before. She was at a point where she couldn't ignore these people anymore and came to the result and by "integration through work" she could get some rich ass supporters on her side.

I watched an interview where she said that she watched America help Yazidi refugees who fled from ISIS, and she thought that Germany and Europe should do more to help.
It seems to me that she acted out of emotions, rather than from rational thoughts, which is rather untypical for her

total loser

The Italians have been the most fucked throughout the entire thing.
They're not doing too well economically either.
I don't know if it's stereotypes or something, but she strikes me as the calculating type, a STEM girl, I wouldn't pin it on emotions.
We can't know for sure anyway.

>The Italians have been the most fucked throughout the entire thing.
>They're not doing too well economically either
That's my point. Germans are dumb. They ignored it for so long. I remember complaining about that shit back in school and instantly got accused of being polemic, but I knew because I fucking been there multiple times.

Sounds like something a poltician would said to keep the vote after fucking up.

>I don't know if it's stereotypes or something, but she strikes me as the calculating type, a STEM girl, I wouldn't pin it on emotions.
Merkel is famous for switching her position if it is politically beneficial. That's how she managed to remain chancellor for so long. But when it comes to refugees, she sticked with the unpopular position much longer that needed. This makes me believe that she indeed acted out of emotions, although i agree that we can never be 100% sure

Angela (((Kassner))) is the enemy of Europe, but since she want to genocide the Germans she is the ally of Europe too

I have mixed feeling about her

Merkel is pretty uncharismatic and i don't think she is good at playing the masses. That's why I can imagine her answere was genuine

Will they ever go back will a german leader ever sort it?

#NotMeinKaiser

American education here, are there any common complaints that don't involve the refugees? Aren't most of the German people (not on Sup Forums) in support of accepting refugees still?
What kind of sorcery is she doing to keep getting re-elected if so many people are unhappy with her?

Well, Merkel basically only does what German people want, that's how she stays in power.
If German people don't care about Italian refugee problem, Merkel will ignore it aswell

Sorry but there is no way Germans saw Italy and said wow maybe we should take a million shitskins

>American education here, are there any common complaints that don't involve the refugees?
That she has no backbone and is willing to give up any position if it benefits her. That's also how she stays in power.

>Aren't most of the German people (not on Sup Forums) in support of accepting refugees still?
I would say it's currently 60-40 against refugees

No, I don't think so. Our current, realistic choices are Merkel or Schulz who is even worse.
By the time the AfD would become as big as the FN in france it'll already be too late.
epochtimes.de/politik/deutschland/ist-frankfurt-die-erste-stadt-mit-unter-50-prozent-deutschen-ohne-migrationshintergrund-a2155084.html

Besides that she's opportunistic there's no trick.

>She's been in power for so long, was she ever part of a scandal of any sort?
not really, mostly one of her ministers, like karl-theodor zu guttenberg en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guttenberg_plagiarism_scandal or annette schavan en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annette_Schavan#Plagiarism

You don't know much about German psychology.
We still think we are guilty of beeing nazi and have to redeem ourself. This is coupled with a sort of German arrogance, thinking that we are better than others and that we can easily solve such complex problems.

Always thought it was strange Germany's conservative party accepted her so quickly given her background

i think she is relatively good politician and has good intentions, even with the refugee shit i believe she thought she was doing right thing, compared to our politicians she is way better

She knows how to run a country. While I don't support her policies and I trust her about as far as I can throw her, she is a role model to political stability and she's trying her best to keep the union intact (which is in Germany's interest), even making concessions to France in regards to the Eurozone.

>economy depends on who Kanzler is

she is useless at best, harmful most likely

>All memes aside, what is your opinion on Angela Merkel?
In power too long, really fucked up with the refugee thing and seems to flip-flop based on what the current opinion in Germany is. Also, she's an unfuckable lard ass.

She focusses on "Europe" too much
I hope SPD will win but everything points to another cuckservative victory

SPD + Linke would be the best for Germany

SPD has no clear leadership and the Linke is infested with left-wing fundamentalists who are unwilling to compromise

She made one horrible mistake and that is what will be remembered about her.

Can you guess what mistake i am talking about?

Strong leader, though I think she could have had more control over the refugee crisis.

please be a troll

>Can you guess what mistake i am talking about?
sure, grand coalition with the spd, right?

Would not shake her hand desu.

No the op.
Going against nuclear electricity maybe?

>implying the "social" democrats will change anything
they've been part of the goverment for 8 of the 12 merkel years.

It's ok, that's what Jesus died for...

this. political science student here, not a fan of her politics. however- it is undeniable that she is a political genius. her way to power was almost machiavellian

How?

in case you are honestly intrested, bored or both just watch this. it sums up some of the reasons
youtube.com/watch?v=s0N9_V7wlUw

www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/12/01/quiet-german
She stabbed the man who ran the party she leads now in the back after a big scandal.
They'd known each other for years and he'd helped her get into politics.
She was the first of party member to come out and say they have to cut with him and she subsequently became the leader when the rest couldn't chose one among themselves.
Up until that point the party held a fiercely loyal line for the old war horse.

Picrelated is the old boy, he died recently. RIP

Crazy maniac that's literally worse than Hitler, if she gets elected again she will ruin Germany and the possibly most of Europe forever.

She looks like nice woman

yep. + she likes to publicly state that certain politicians have her "fullest trust". 6 of them stepped down shortly after, one of them was our president... that women is scary

Always related...

Do you like boys or something?

What is the current relation with Merkel and Putin?

As a normie, I like her.

This sort of shit is why I don't get people portraying her as a bleeding heart.
She's absolutely utilitarian and cutthroat. She didn't even blink when Schultz tried to pull the gay card on her, she immediately neutralized it with a vote on conscience while keeping her hands clean to appeal to conservatives.
She didn't give a fuck about the issue or using her power to fight the tide.

oh and i forgot the best part: Benedikt XVI. got her fullest trust aswell. she might be a illuminati leader.
way better than she´d like you to know and is often portrayed in the media. all sanctions against russia aside the diplomatic contacts never stopped working and trade between germany and russia is extremely important for both countries. also putin speaks german and merkel russian- there always had been a special connection between those two eventhough they try to outplay each other- just like in your picture

Good. I had read something about Germany complain about America's new embargo on Russia. Don't know how it will end.

Filthy kike

MUM!!!

merkel doesn't fears schulz at all- with good reasons
yes. the planned us-embargo could become a problem but since it would affect the whole EU i guess it will end up way smaller than currently planned

USA backed off last I checked

that's what i thought.
btw how comes a bulgarian knows so much about german politics? are we important in your media or something?

>getting rid of the g*rmxn "people"
good person

Besides AfD, there is another party (with chances of win the election) that want to send the refugees back home?
Come on, Syria war is over. Arab spring failed.

>Quaddafi
>Mubarak

>She didn't even blink when Schultz tried to pull the gay card on her, she immediately neutralized it with a vote on conscience while keeping her hands clean to appeal to conservatives.
That was beautiful, to watch a political mastermind at work. You just know that she had already anticipated that the gay-marriage stuff could come up, and knew how to react.

I read a lot of news and Germany is very important in EU. I pick up stuff over time and it adds up. Merkel in particular has been interesting to me so I follow her stuff when it makes a blip in the anglospeaking media.
I don't get it from local news though, mostly anglo media and translated german news. Bulgarian news are tame and limited.

The main target was Assad.
Also, i miss Quaddafi. He did nothing wrong...

merkels party actually is splitted into her party (cdu) and their bavarian sister (csu). the csu got their own leader and they are way more conservative than the cdu and already threatened merkel over the whole refugee thing. besides that the other right wing partys wont stand a chance in the election.
keep up the good work. way to many uneducated idiots around here.

When will Germany consider ended the "humanitarian crisis" in Syria?

not in the close future. some politicians are still butthurt about sending back afghans to save places in afghanistan because there is war in other parts of the country.
nazi guilt i guess

>trade between germany and russia is extremely important for both countries.
Nope. The trade relationship is one-sided. Germany is Russia's 2nd most important trading partner after China. But Russia is only the No. 15 in the list of Germany's most important trading partners, comparable to Hungary.

>But Russia is only the No. 15 in the list of Germany's most important trading partners, comparable to Hungary.
But Germany is getting its natural gas from Russia, so the trade with Russia is incredibly important for Germany

>The trade relationship is one-sided.
Hans, let me teach you something.
Is better have some kind of people in your hand, than in your back.

Do they realize that your welfare system will collapse soon more people start to retire? How do you plan in pay pensions if your bugged is already compromised with refugees?

Not really. We could actually replace it with other countries' gas. It would cost more, but we would still get along fine. On the other hand if we really stopped buying Russian gas, Russia would be completely fucked. As I said: one-sided.