So Sup Forums, what is your favorite DFW record?

So Sup Forums, what is your favorite DFW record?

N.B.: only those who have IQs above 125 and have read Infinite Jest in its entirety (obviously including endnotes) should be posting ITT. DFW tends to attract perceptive and acerbic cynics with dangerous levels of cognitive firepower, so tread carefully

lol dude cynicism is bad

>and have read Infinite Jest in its entirety
ok that's like three people

get good

Sorry, I don't waste time on meme yuppie guardian-core

dfw is /lit/s neutral milk hotel

I actually bought a copy of infinite jest and put it in my drawer under my computer desk. My plan is to read it when my computer ever breaks

i'd get the Broom of the System
do you flaunt your mental inferiority like this in public, too?

This

Op conventionally ignoring this 100% accurate descriptor of the hipster douchebag that was dfw

>nobody yet commented that vinyl audiobooks are most retarded things imaginable

>DUDE TENNIS LMAO
>DUDE FOOGNOTES

The key difference is that ITAOTS is good.

>infinite jest
>its finite
What a fucking hack

Why This Is Water? It's less than 20 minutes long and the whole speech, by David himself, is up on youtube. It also won't be the same without all the kids laughing at David's depression.

How the fuck is Infinite Jest supposed to fit on vinyl. I just bought that and Broom of the Systwm and I’m too retarded to read more ham a half chapter at a time
True
Finnegan’s Wake is the true conclusion to literature

The musical equivalents of Infinite Jest - a meme but decent novel are as follows (I've thought about this):

>Spiderland
Because adolescence, mental health, psyche
>Trout Mask Replica
Because quirky xd, fun and a bit experimental
>Aeroplane
Because its /lit/s equivalent
>something using field recordings, samples
Because the madame psychosis radio part
>Suicide by Suicide
Dunno why, just seems fitting
>something by Zappa
Because toilet humour
>something by steve reich
Because circular arrangement (IJ is circular)
>something druggy
Because drugs

>Finnegan’s Wake

I had my work compared to Finnegan's Wake years ago so I got it and, you know, I understand the concept but I'm not reading that shit.

Finnegan’s Wake is the Trout Mask Replica of literature

Post an excerpt?

And I fucking wish I could read it since I’m a major TMRfag type and love idiosyncratic art but on top of it being incomprendale it’s so dated to the time it was made in that I can connect any of the dots to anything. I’m having the same problem reading Ulysses, I’ve gotten to like the 5th page and I can’t keep reading without needi. To look shit up every paragraph

>Finnegan’s Wake is the true conclusion to literature
People who say this aren't interested in literature, they just think of it in terms of a competition. Also Infinite Jest is shit that appeals to the same kind of people but without the editorial skills of Joyce.

Fair enough, that’s a good point actually. I do think that when viewed in his lens that literature is really the highest medium I’ve come across but it obviously eliminates much of the purpose of much of literature. Any advice on how to be able to look at literature in both ways simultaneously?

>without needi. To look shit up every paragraph
That is the wrong approach. People spend their whole life chasing references in Joyce, and trying to interpret the minutiae of Irish politics, you are never going to catch 'em all. You should read it like looking at a flowing stream: enjoying the beauty it creates but not spending too long trying to identify every pebble and species of algae you see.

>I had my work compared to Finnegan's Wake years ago
That might have been an insult.

It was a radio hour so I don't have excerpts.
I'm Irish so I don't have as hard a time deciphering Joyce, but it's still a fucking pain. I prefer Kobo Abe since his literature still functions as literature.

Nah, it wasn't but I should have taken it as one.

>implying Pure Comedy isn't the Infinite Jest of music

no.

Infinite Jest is a meme. Go read Ulysses.