How

How the fuck did he go 50-0. How. You'd figure that he'd get unlucky on some scorecards here and there. Fuck. I don't care about how he ducked some no name fighters, it's still remarkable that he never got fucked over. The Oscar fight could have swayed in De La Hoya's favor based on crowd reaction alone. He still won. He could've lost the Maidana fight. Someone gave Canelo 114-114 against him. He still went 50-0. Not even a draw.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DVpN7fYV8pg
youtube.com/watch?v=GctIcU4cY0s
youtube.com/watch?v=cFU4dCs2Z8o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's very simple.

He is the best defensive boxer of all time.

He had no worthy opponents, there was no Mike Tyson, Rocky Marciano, Muhammad Ali, Ray-Sugar, Makunouchi Ippo etc in his generation. He just fought against shit boxers, except mayber for Pacquiao and that one was injured in the match.

He refused to fight Pacquiao in his prime.

You pick and choose fights you KNOW you can win

Floyd and many other boxers "pad" their records to build up their careers, taking tune up fights is a thing in boxing unlike MMA

It is just a different sport that allows these kinds of career moves

Floyd also "figured out" boxing in terms of doing exactly what he needed to do to win decisions/points, he was a defensive mastermind

He only """"""fights"""" injured or out of shape fighters

castillo beat him

I don't know shit about boxing so bare with me

Why is Mayweather considered the best of all time, when there are apparently quite many boxers which have W/L records that are just as impressive but they are never mentioned? Of course I am just Googling for these stats but I am genuinely interested.

Is it just marketing? Or is the weight class he fights/fought in just that competitive?

He's beaten the most former/current/future world champions of any boxer in history (IIRC) and did so across multiple weight divisions.

never fought this man coming up

>In b4 but muh barrera

I miss Prince Naseem. God damn.

Serafim Todorov beat him on the biggest stage.

Fought almost no one, and the few good fighters he fought were not in their prime.

Maybe if you weren't an underage faggot you wouldn't be asking this question

lol
he was such a fucking smartass

Wow, for a burger to say that means a big deal.
youtube.com/watch?v=DVpN7fYV8pg
youtube.com/watch?v=GctIcU4cY0s
youtube.com/watch?v=cFU4dCs2Z8o

Boxing
Needs
Characters!!!

Records in boxing are 90% showcase fights. The only people making a big deal over Mayweather's record are blacks who are insecure over Rocky Marciano's heavyweight division record.

this has to be bait.
not his fault. even if he did, he would've beaten him.

ITT: casuals who DKSAB

>not his fault.

He literally refused to fight him

After Manny refused to have blood tests.

Only because they wanted tests the day before the fight

>dodged fighters in their prime and picked his fights intelligently
>best defensive boxer of all time
It's a shit way to do it but he secured his legacy.

>Why is Mayweather considered the best of all time

He's not. Top 20 maybe

Which is standard procedure now. Funny how Pacquiao's decline coincides perfectly with anti-drug testing becoming slowly more rigorous

He's great defensively, but he's also a master at picking cherries. His big 50 was against a fucking amateur.

his conditioning was awful for that fight. think he'd lost the hunger by then.

i reckon prime naseem would've done him

Course.
Hamed never trained, busted hand, lost on points but he simply wasn't training properly due to the split with Ingle and his brothers emotionally blackmailing him to run things.

Same thing kind of happened with Amir khan; too much family interference.

Hamed should have come back better, but he insists his hand was shot. i suspect he packed it in too early and regrets it.

One of the most exciting fighters and I would give everything to see that prime Naseem vs prime light Mayweather.

Would break every single record today.

the fight would have been an ever bigger blowout in Floyd's favor in that case

Floyd is literally older than Pac and would have wiped the floor with him had they fought earlier.

He lost in the olympics

>tfw you'll never see GGG KO Mayweather

>Makunouchi Ippo

>no ricardo martinez you mean

I love how people bring this up as if for ever second Manny aged Floyd got younger
Dude is even older

Mayweather is considered somewhere between 18 and 25 by most pundits.

You think you're the first person to point this out? It's like you get your boxing news from a facebook feed. No fucking shit Mayweather is a year older. That doesn't change a thing.

of course not, because floyd beat the same canelo that ggg couldn't even scratch

Pac was a power puncher, which agrees worse. He also got injured. Part changed a lot more in the 5 years before the fight that Mayweather did

Do you realize the kind of bias you spew sometimes?

>couldnt even scratch
>draw

baka kid