How the hell does this mediocre film get 87% on RT yet BvS only gets a 27%?

How the hell does this mediocre film get 87% on RT yet BvS only gets a 27%?

emperor's new clothes: the flick

Cause it's an aggregate site, BVS and TDKR had a different number of reviews and they didn't pick the same reviewers, they pick different people every time. I remember that memento has like 170 reviews while attack of the clone had over 270. This is why it's pointless to compare RT scores

The decline of criticism is the big news this year. As the Mainstream Media (MSM) befouls itself, fewer and fewer serious film critics are being supported and the public just doesn’t seem to care. The MSM is taken over by cronyism and consumerism. There is no more diversity among cinephiles. Here’s the news that MSM doesn’t report: popular cinema and TV are a wasteland. This era should be a new golden age for art movies. Téchiné, Makhmalbaf, Davies and Solondz are leading the way; Zack Snyder is the only maker of ‘popular’ films who has a vision and sensibility that stirs great feeling and profound thought. The festival circuit and MSM ‘criticism’ promote film culture’s decline. God help us all.

Because this is decent and BvS is garbage, pretty self explanatory.

I actually liked The Dark Knight Rises in a "so bad its good" sort of way. Batman v. Superman is just bad in a bad way.

>being this much of a tryhard contrarian
Cringe

>TDKR
>Decent
You have the worst taste in movies.

TDKR fails from bad extras due to Nolan only doing one takes, boring plot, Tom Hardy as Bane is so bland compared to the brilliance of Joker.

You can only imagine how much better this movie would be if Ledger hadn't died.

RT is shit I just watched the fountain which was really good and it has a 51% yet capeshit gets 80s and 90s

Tom Hardy as Bane deserves a Razzie

>LE BIG GUY IS SO DEADLY LISTEN TO HIS DEEP VOICE
This film is so full of shit

SeeWhy are you faggots incapable of understanding RT, I think the site sucks but the way it works is extremely simple, yet people here still bitch about 24/7

Maybe it's me being autistic but I don't understand how RT still works. Can you break it down for me to better understand? Thanks

You are right of course, so I will tip.

Looking back at just how hammy Bane is in that movie, I honestly wish Nolan had just kept his Luchador-esque costume.

Because estrogen-filled RT mostly hates Snyder's macho films as it makes them feel inferior if patriarchal male roles don't die at the end. If they do like in 300, then the reviewers can still hate high T men but they can also gloat how their own cuck lifestyle is the best because it keeps people alive

how new are you

Like I said it's an aggregate site, the site picks reviews From everywhere and labels then either rotten or fresh and forms consensus. The scores on based on what percentage critics would ref omens these films. The site constantly picks a different amount of reviews and different people every single. You're rarely ever going to get the same people(with the exception of big critics) and same number of reviews for every movie. Like I said in the other post memento had like 170 reviews righr and attack of the clones has 270, not to mention the fact that the people are completely different. This is why it's pointless to compare scores. Doctor strange has a 90% while nocturnal animals has a 72%, it's not saying DS is better. It's completely different circumstances

I remember everyone loving 300 when it came out. That 89% liked it is exactly how it was

>dat audience/critic score gap

Every time, critics are the hackest nowadays

Hey fag I understand how it works and it showcases that critics are idiots for the most part and a majority of them like garbage.

yes, normal people loved it as it was a manly meme factory. But look at the critics score.

>Doctor strange has a 90% while nocturnal animals has a 72%

Answer: BvS was terrible

Because RT is being paid off by Marvel.

Why is this so hard for you fags to process?

If you disagree with any of the following statements don't even bother replying, our POVs are way too different and I think you are objectively, literally retarded.
>Cap3 is a good movie, at least as far as capeshit goes. Along with Nolan's BB and TDK, it is exemplary and sets the bar high for capeshit.
>the worst prequel is Clones
>TFA is at least ok
>Jedi and Interstellar are very bad movies, with a few very good moments. Sith is very bad with few good moments.
>BvS is among the worst capeshit movies since 2008
BvS sucked, the only people liking it are extremely hardcore DC fans and vocal contrarians or trolls in a non e-moose webzones.
How the hell does RT being an "aggregate site" that "draws different people from the critic pool every time" make the percentages worthless as a measure of what the general consensus about a movie is?
>There are two cities with 1000 people each. RT picks 10 people from A and 20 from B. People are labeled "Tall" if they are above 180 cm. City A is found to have 70% tall people and City B has 35%. But you can't compare them because 10≠20
Either I understand wrong how RT works, or is this not what you said, or one of us is bad at statistics.
Pics or it didn't happen.

BvS is 100x worse.

If you disagree with any of the following statements don't even bother replying, blah blah

>there are Disney shills on Sup Forums and the post I've just quoted is the most in your face shilling in the entire board, Hiro should have the mods start banning these people on sight or just sell Sup Forums to Disney and be done with it
>TFA was a bad rehash of ANH with worse characters, actors, script and everything else, also no soul. Any rating above 5.5/10 can only be deluded fanboyism or shilling. Anything above 7.5/10 is shilling
>Cap3 is an Avengers movie and the Avengers movie have been all bad, this one being only slightly better than AoU which is objectively just as bad as BvS
>anyone comparing CW or anything in the MCU other than Iron Man 1 with any Nolan Batman is a shill, not even fanboys are tha deluded
>anyone comparing Iron Man 1 with any Nolan Batman movie can be a deluded fanboy or a shill, pick your poison
>if Jedi was only Ewoks scenes over and over, it still would be better than NuSW by far
>Interstellar has cringe moments but again, better than anything Disney has done in the last 5 years

Reddit, my friend...

TDKR was bad but not really any worst then the Ironman sequels or a lot of recent cape flicks. BvS on the other hand is one of the worst movies i've seen.

It's a better movie than BvS.

Wew, that was easy.

>enter thread discussing Dark Knight Rises

>no baneposting

ffs

I swore its critic meter was higher in the past.

TDKR was terrible in some filmmaking elements.
BvS was terrible in every single filmmaking element.

That’s about it.

>Doctor strange has a 90% while nocturnal animals has a 72%

this was for you

That's what a coherent story with decent character motivations do. They usually make people like your movie more.

>coherent story
>shit twist in the end that makes 90% of the movie before it pretty much meaningless
Woah

I'm not saying it was perfect, it was just miles above MARTHA.

>basing your whole opinion on just one scene

Google "peak-end rule" to find out how primitive your argument is

If that one scene is the ending then yes, it totally can ruin a movie.

>>there are Disney shills on Sup Forums
Probably, but you overestimate the size of the community. I wouldn't pay someone to post opinions anonymously for just a couple k people to read.
>>the post I've just quoted is the most in your face shilling in the entire board
Kek not even close
A Disney shill wouldn't bash 4/8 SW movies and not at least praise the most recent ones
What would they even be paid for then
>>TFA was a bad rehash of ANH with worse characters, actors, script and everything else, also no soul.
Being a bad rehash of ANH is enough to be "ok". I didn't use a number (but if I did it would be between 5.5 and 7.5 desu).
The actors, camerawork and CGI are NOT worse than ANH, you dumb contrarian memer, but the rest indeed are.
>>Cap3 is an Avengers movie
Yes
>>the Avengers movie have been all bad
The two first, yes. CW, no. It's good, at least.
>>this one being only slightly better than AoU
Far, far better*
>>AoU is objectively just as bad as BvS
Yes, but for different reasons than BvS

Please make a clear list regarding what you disliked about Cap3
>>anyone comparing CW or anything in the MCU other than Iron Man 1 with any Nolan Batman is a shill, not even fanboys are tha deluded
See above, also Iron Man 1 is not better than Cap3
>>anyone comparing Iron Man 1 with any Nolan Batman movie can be a deluded fanboy or a shill, pick your poison
There was literally no mention of Iron Man 1 in my post
>>if Jedi was only Ewoks scenes over and over, it still would be better than NuSW by far
Haha NO, you dumb contrarian memer
>>Interstellar has cringe moments but again, better than anything Disney has done in the last 5 years
With the exception of Cap3, TFA and R1. Was Deadpool disney? Cbf to google it.

Just google peak-end rule to stop embarassing yourself in the future please

TDKR is an entertaining crime thriller epic. There's much more character work on it than in almost every other movie of the genre. Then again if it was done or good bad is another question. Imho it was okay. There's tons of other good things about it as well. It's that much true it also doesn't stand out from your average oscar bait movie (I'll compare it to a movie like Bridge of Spies for example, except much more action oriented).

Things I liked:

>character development
>entertaining story
>an original arc
>everything in sieged Gotham was comfy, especially the part where the rebels are working out strategies to take down Bane

this isn't even the best the genre can offer but it was good.

The shitty thing about RT is that it doesn't matter how it 'should' work, in practice it's become something else : ie 'This movie has an 85% RT score, which means it's good.' It's become a kind of shorthand in conversations about movies.

Because this was a good movie and BvS was a bad movie.

>no mention about how terrible Bale is as Batman and how terrible Caine is as Alfred
Go back now. Also it's not even just the extras that take down the fight scenes. The choreography for Batman is downright awful.

I don't know how many people post or lurk here and neither do you. What's your source?

I'll never understand how people gave this trainwreck a pass. TDK isn't bad, just overrated, but TDKR is a failure on pretty much all fronts. (Except memes.)

How did this only get 87% yet marvel gets 95%? I no longer trust critics

>Probably, but you overestimate the size of the community. I wouldn't pay someone to post opinions anonymously for just a couple k people to read.

Sup Forums has over 400,000 unique users a month or some shit. Also a shill won't shill just here, they can be in IMDB just opening another tag.

I was going to write a lenghty reply about how boring and nonsensical CW is (with that magic murder in the middle of nowhere in the 70s being magically recorded haha do you remember that? I do haha) but then I read that you think CW and TFA are better than Interstellar and now I'm going to do something else instead. I mean you're paid to write this shit so how am I going to convince you right? You probably agree with me IRL

One thing though:
>Being a bad rehash of ANH is enough to be "ok".

Fucking triggered for real. A BAD rehash of a good movie is like pissing on a good soup and saying the original soup was so good that it should be enough to make the piss taste good too. This line of thought is going to kill Hollywood sooner than many people think

>This line of thought is going to kill Hollywood
Everybody still defends TFA with religious fervor. I wish that wasn't the case.

Out of that entire post, THIS is what you came up with as a reply?
Wow good job you uncovered me as a shill. My bank account is 8011-2017-MICKEY-MOUSE. Please deposit some sheckels, I need my mt. Dew and pizza rolls

That's a big score

The plane scene.

>Sup Forums has over 400,000 unique users a month or some shit. Also a shill won't shill just here, they can be in IMDB just opening another tag.
That many? Cbf to google, source?
>I was going to write a lenghty reply about how boring and nonsensical CW is (with that magic murder in the middle of nowhere in the 70s being magically recorded haha do you remember that? I do haha) but then I read that you think CW and TFA are better than Interstellar
Haha lol lmao pushing books in magic rooms in black holes you can freely move through and stay intact and I mean lmao LOVE, Tars, LOVE xD
But a plot device to trigger RDJ is going too far
>I mean you're paid to write this shit
Kek no I'm not
I wish I were, this place is a huge timesink
>so how am I going to convince you right?
Well, as I said here , you won't. I set some extremely wide criteria for whose opinions matter and you still managed to overstep more than half
>You probably agree with me IRL
Kek
No I don't
>One thing though:
>>Being a bad rehash of ANH is enough to be "ok".
>Fucking triggered for real. A BAD rehash of a good movie is like pissing on a good soup and saying the original soup was so good that it should be enough to make the piss taste good too.
Well, ANH IS fucking amazing soup, and if it was Daisy Ridley pissing in my soup... You get the idea
>This line of thought is going to kill Hollywood sooner than many people think
Who cares
If they see that recycling shit doesn't make them money any more they will switch to original ideas again
No really, who cares
The fact that TFA exists doesn't mean that other movies that cater to another audience (that you possibly enjoy) stop existing

>400,000 unique users a month
yeah no

despite its flaws is still an enjoyable Batman movie, it even ha some good no meme moments

Both movies are fucking terrible. DKR was just surfing on Heath Ledger's memory and everyone not being bored of Nolan's monotonous directing yet.

DC=Trump=Sup Forums=Sienfeld

Marvel=Bernie=Reddit+Sup Forums=How i met your mother

Can someone post the the cowboy bebop opening plane scene version?

Yeah, same
I had no idea critics hated it until several years later

RT collects a bunch of reviews and assigns them either a rotten or fresh rating and calcuates a percentage score based on thoses stats.

It's a flawed in that it oversimplifies reviews to be either positive or negative with no room for debate around individual qualities/flaws (i.e. a movie cannot be simply average overall). So in theory a movie that receives a 6/10 from every critic can have 100% RT score.

Critics like Nolan and hate Snyder. Critics have always been bias and when a director they like makes a mediocre movie they are less harsh on them than they are on one they dislike/and or allowed to hate on.

Critics love Nolan for some reason and hate Snyder, they are equally terrible movies

Daily reminder that all the dumb capeshit and meme threads are from ugly shitskins coming from Twitter and Instagram

>I set some extremely wide criteria for whose opinions matter and you still managed to overstep more than half

Yeah because they were objectively wrong

Does this scream Sup Forums to you, most of the marvel and dc cucks here are ugly spics and niggers

>le bane

Trying to assign a numerical value to someone's subjective OPINION is fucking retarded no matter which way you try and do it.

A reasonable person would seek out critics (or friends) with similar tastes as your own for recommendations.

indians are literal shit