Do people actually take him seriously? I always thought he was just a meme

do people actually take him seriously? I always thought he was just a meme

I thought that too but I found out that some people use him to validate their shit opinions

Hiis classical music lists are pretty good.

Scaruffi's got a lot of musical knowledge so it can be interesting to read his opinions but he's also pretentious as fuck and possibly has the biggest ego out of any reviewer out there despite the fact that being an internet meme is basically his only achievement (he says on his website he's won "multiple awards" or something but i've done a lot of searching because I was curious and there's basically no mention anywhere else on the internet of these supposed awards, leading me to believe they're probably made up). Anyone legitimately looking to him as some kind of tastemaker is an idiot. Honestly as far as music reviewers go he's not as much of a hack as most of them, his political stuff is pretty hilarious though.

It is like he has 90 IQ for music review, but normal journalism went from 100 IQ to 50 IQ in couple of decades. So in current light he is genius in the contrast of p4k, nme, spin, etc.

ALL MEDIA IS A MEME

YOU ARE INCREDIBLY STUPID

LEARN ENGLISH FUCKFACE

>ALL MEDIA IS A MEME
>LEARN ENGLISH

This

As this guy pointed out,in contrast to p4k,fantano and similar shit he seems knowledgeable but in reality he's just bland. (Though his taste in classical is actually not too shabby)

>Though his taste in classical is actually not too shabby
That's because he clearly knows even less about that and relies on someone else's list. It is so safe, conventional and unconsidered.

I agree with his rating for radiohead

Are there other no-nonsense reviewers like him?

Just listen to his jazz and classic recommendations, he has some pretty great taste when it comes to that. And every once in a while he'll review a new album positively that you should probably check out

at one time i took him pretty seriously ya

he is

His opinions on anything that's popular are shit, but most of his top 100 rock albums are unironically amazing

This

He is anachronistic but has superior taste and he helped a lot to discover a lot of good albums

nope they're terrible. They're classical101, any classical music crytic would die laughing at his list.

his jazz and kraut rock is kinda spot on tho

>but he's also pretentious as fuck and possibly has the biggest ego out of any reviewer out there
I doubt he tops Christgau in this regard.

Better than Fagtano

he's a good music critic (their points of view are interesting) but the guy doesn't get hip hop, electronic music neither the mighty fall

This. At least Scaruffi hasn't made a career out of being a contrarian. He is just pretentious.

idk why people think Scaruffi is uniquely pretentious among critics, or that he likes a bunch of obscure albums that no one cares about
his taste in music is largely inspired by Lester Bangs, who is considered one of the great rock critics

his music history sections is pretty interesting and has a lot of information. He reviews and ratings are ridiculous though.

The fact that so many book still name Lester Bands as “the greatest or most significant or most influential” rock critic ever only tells you how far rock criticism still is from becoming a serious art.

cuck SEETHING

hes an autistic retard and nobody whos actually relevant to the music scene cares about him besides quick laffs

This, also I go to his site just for the joy of seeing the glorious layout.

cutie :)

kek