When will it end?

Seriously, how many more Star Wars films can Hollywood make before people are finally sick of this franchise?

Well, when you see how many cucks here said Rogue one was actually """good""", it can go on for a while...

Why can't you accept that Rogue One is a good film?

I know it's trendy in your fedora circles to say no good film in a nostalgic franchise can ever be made once you leave your teens, but you need to face reality.

Oh look, it's the "I hate it because other people like it!" guy, hows the fedora?

Oh fuck off.

Better question is what will trilogy 4 and 5 be about?

I hope it doesn't end with Episode 9. I could care less about the anthology films though. I hope it goes on until say Episode 12... or maybe even episode 15.

people have been making threads like yours about Capeshit since 2010 and there is no slowing down on that front yet.

So at least another 10 years and most likely longer.

Star Wars is at least immune to a full reboot. People already hate the special editions but they'd crucify anyone who decided to remake the original trilogy (inb4 TFA jokes, you know what I mean).

And not being able to reboot is a huge handicap to a franchise.

Retarded question, but here's the answer, shit for brains:
>space ships fighting
>light sabers
>laser weapon fights
>jedis/force/bad guys
>weird aliens

SIGN ME THE FUCK UP NIGGA

Here come the disney shill retarded horde. Rogue was souless, uninspired, useless, boring. Its not because your little dick got hard when vader used his lightsaber that normal people should find such a poor cashgrab fanfilm "good".

>TFA jokes
It's not a joke. That movie just rips off ANH and the OT left and right without doing a whole lot unique

That's a nice strawman, and you even included some buzzwords, but that doesn't convince anyone over the age of 12.

Disney appears to be doing the program picture like old time. It will be interesting to see whether they can maintain both quality & productivity at high level or not. So far, they've got two strikes, eh user !?

>*snorts* Oh how the plebs flock to see such a flick is beyond me; *snooort* a truly supreme gentleman *wheeze* I only consume the finest of kino *sniff sniff* such as Disney's™ Star Wars™: Episode VII™: The Force Awakens™© *snoooort* you better leave this board, kid, before you make me angry. It's just too patrician for you here. *Braaaaap*

>over the age of 12
>using maturity "argument"
>to defend rogue one
Nice one, now go back to your figurines flick. Good goy defending a butchered corporate cash grab, western world deserves to die.

>souless, uninspired, useless, boring
see that's just labels, you have no real argument.
rogue one was a good movie, except it

Never going to end!

>my opinion is better than yours because the funny youtube meme men said it

>muh it was good
>argument
Try harder disney shill. You have terrible tastes.

The funny youtube meme man had solid arguments, unlike yours, terrible disney shill worm. End your life, please.

>other people think for me :^)

>i could care less

And in the trash it goes

I'm a long time Star Wars fan.
I have an actual jedi bath robe.
I own a boba fett mandaloran helmet.
But it's shit, and i'm done.

>Rogue was souless, uninspired, useless, boring
>it just was unlike my perfect nostalgia movie who just wasn't all that

TFA and R1 are both very good.
Don't listen to the plebs on Sup Forums, their arguments are 90% based on misinterpretations.

well, it's easy, OP
-4 bil for rights
-1 bil for 2 movies
+2 bil gross
= -3 bil so far

I don't think they'll stop until they get atleast 10 bil on top, and even then, why stop?

Here's a test you can take:

Would you have given a shit about anything in the movie if it didn't have the STAR WARS™ branding? - (Yes)/(No)

It's a bad movie if the answer is no.

1 or 2.

Once they make one original film which isn't wanking over how great the first trilogy was people will bitch and moan how it is worse than the prequels, the bubble will burst and Disney will look for another franchise to milk and rape.

Seriously the only thing keeping this afloat is the OT. Disney are fucking terrified of stepping into new material in case they piss off fans like Lucas did.

>Once they make one original film which isn't wanking over how great the first trilogy was people will bitch and moan how it is worse than the prequels

That's kind of happened with Rogue One.
I mean, they had visual elements of what was in the OT, but the "hurr muh good guys win in the end after following this exact narrative path" plot of TFA was missing, and that pissed off the "I like Star Wars but not for the sci-fi" types.

which of the clone wars tv series should I watch first: 2003 or 2008

Star Wars used to be kind of cool, I mean I’m not an obsessive fan or anything like some people are, so it doesn’t bother me too much, but why are they sticking a bunch of blacks and women into key roles in the new ones? And our hero, Luke, is apparently a homo now? These movies were made by and for nerdy white men, aren’t we allowed to have anything? Next they’re going to stick some transgendered disabled muslim in the star role, because it’s all political these days and a bunch of hipsters in New York and San Francisco would wet their panties over it. Give me a break!

Star Trek is getting an atheist muslim black woman as the main lead in the new TV series.

Star Trek has always been pozzed.

The first cos its shorter, and the other show might have stuff that refers back to it, whereas it won't refer back to the series that came after it.

In many ways, but the older shows kind of seems quaint, because "pozz" has advanced more in 30 years than the shows think it will have in 300.

>And our hero, Luke, is apparently a homo now?
What? How? He wanted to get into Leia's panties in ANH (he didn't know there was no underwear in space), how could he possibly be gay?
Please tell me they aren't that retarded.
>atheist muslim
How does that work?
Honestly, at this point I'm probably a Star Wars fan for life. It was a huge part of my childhood (my father loved Star Wars) and I really like the setting.
Rogue One had its problems, but was altogether pretty good. Better than I had expected, at any rate.

This is what Carrie Fisher looked like in The Force Awakens because she has fisher as a last name and fishers catch fish and fish are things that live in the sea and calamari also live in the sea. Get it?

Good post.

Well disney said they are planning on making a new star wars film every year indefinitely as long as they stay profitable, so potentially for the rest of your life, user.

Sadly, far too many. You'd think Star Wars would lose its appeal and mystique if it had yearly releases from now until the end of time, rather than a select few films and that's it. But then you look over at things like marvel movies, which come out at a rate of like a dozen every year. And those are still selling like hotcakes and have taken over and displaced all other forms of summer blockbuster action/adventure-style films. So apparently people have quite a tolerance for bullshit and will put up with frequent releases.

Ewoks.
Apocalypse Now remake with only ewoks.
Casablanca remake with only ewoks.
Road Warrior remake with only ewoks.
Breakfast at Tiffany's remake with only ewoks.
Forgot about the others, tho.

How do you kill that which has no life? Star Wars fanboys excitement while self-destructive and ultimately leading to their lack of reproduction, will not be ended so easily, because they are literal pigs that eat garbage. How much worse can the movies get that they become worse than the garbage which people love? There's really no answer, but we will have the privilege to see the absolute nadir of civilization, culture, and art arise.

>implying they haven't already made it back..or implying that the real money for the franchise has anything to do with movies...

I want a podracer movie.

>Atheist muslim

put my money on the ewok with the speeder bike

Until it stops being profitable.