Quite possibly the best movie of all time yet no one on Sup Forums ever talks about it

>quite possibly the best movie of all time yet no one on Sup Forums ever talks about it

why? do you people not understand it or what? is it to complicated?

>best movie of all time
>not a picture of Aliens

Pick one.

At least it's coherent unlike a lot of Lynch, but the fact remains that there are still some retarded parts like old people coming out of a tiny box.

Also it's about degenerate lesbians. The sex scene is hot but am I honestly supposed to believe that mentally ill faggots can feel real love.

Actually the one puts out a hit on the other so never mind it deals with "alternative sexual identities" pretty honestly.

We do. Lurk moar.

Inland Empire was better, and I'd say Blue Velvet was as well. It is a good movie though, Sup Forums just doesn't talk about Lynch much.

i'm such a filmbuff patrician I know this was supposed to be a show. now that i've pointed that out i'm gonna sit back and collect the (You)s.

I have nothing to say about it. Just like every other Lynch film.

>too complicated

BABBY'S FIRST LYNCH

I wish you wouldn't post that pic...

lynch for plebs

>Sup Forums just doesn't talk about Lynch much

what

>unlike a lot of Lynch
What did he do that was less coherent? Inland Empire sure, and Lost Highway was about as coherent, but everything else seems far more coherent. I wouldn't call one or two movies "a lot of Lynch".

Besides the threads (probably from one guy) involving quotes from random movies that archive after ~5 posts, I really don't see it.

talking about films is like dancing about architecture.

I think it's more like talking about architecture.

As an architect dancer I disagree in the strongest possible terms.

kys

>yet no one on Sup Forums ever talks about it

You must be very new, there's several threads a week on it usually

this is the most reddit comment I've seen in months

MD was supposed to be a TV and got scrapped, this is what he pulled out of his ass. Best scene was at the diner, the rest of movie was setup for something bigger we'll never get to see :(

Always looked like shit to me but I'll give it a try today

unfortunately OP hipster faggots are in fashion right now & so is their taste in so called art/media.

if u look at hipster faggots dress it's very obvious as they are trying to win the "LOOK AT ME!!!" awards. only problem with being so obvious in fashion/art/media....it goes stale very quickly.

hipster faggots don't like Lynch as his films are very complicated & the viewer has to think, not to mention work things out.

so being that hipster faggots need to be spoon fed & spoon feed ppl with their so called fashion/art/media they can't comprehend works like Lynch's thank to their underdeveloped simple minds....lol

pic related

because Sup Forums is 90% Star Wars and cape shit

most people just have a very pleb taste

MD is more popular than most capeshit movies. it's also very overrated

overrated compared to what nigger?

>hipster faggots don't like Lynch
wew

>director of flop Dune and Twin Peaks
That alone would render him a meme director. As I recall there used to be Lynch movies threads every day on here that reached 30-50 replies.

Maybe tvs traffic is so big now the threads about him die fast before fans can spot them.

You must be a tourist crossposter because there are practically daily Lynch threads on this board.

And lmao complicated, babby's first art-house.

I don't understand the love for Mulholland Drive, sure it's a nice film and all but I think Inland Empire does it better and more subtle, people are really just praising this because of the lesbian scenes. Lynch has much better movies though.

Too many TFW TOO INTELLIGENT comments in this thread and no views or theories on the film

Thats why these threads die, hard to have a discussion about a film when everyone refuses to discuss it

I just scrolled through the catalog and found 2 more threads specifically about David Lynch.

Sure they don't have +200 posts but they are there, stop whining and post in threads you like if you want to make a difference.

See

Because the topic of this thread is the general appreciation of the movie on this board, not about your take on the movie.

Basically, OP fucked the whole thread up from the start.

>A man's attitude …a man's attitude goes some ways, the way his life will be, Is that something you might agree with?

What did he mean by this?

Oh, did your pathetic pasta thread die already?

End your miserable life please

There is several threads per week about this not to mention daily Lynch threads.

>why? do you people not understand it or what? is it to complicated?
It's one of Lynch's easier works to understand. Inland Empire being his most difficult.

FYI: Mulholland Drive was supposed to be a TV Series :)

>theories
What theories? Mulholland Dr is the most straightforward & clear lynchian movie.
The theories I have come across about it are about details that change nothing about the film.

dubs, what did I mean by this?

>muh buddhism

You literally proved his fucking point, no discussion just hurr durr i get it

Cunt

(you)

This. OP starts a shitshow of a thread without contributing a general overview, and is surprised when people respond to his shit topic rather than offer different views on the movie.

Also there's many David Lynch threads on Sup Forums per week. All OP had to do instead of creating a thread about no threads on Mulholland Drive, was just create a thread about Mulholland Drive.

Worst kind of pleb, really.

I don't see how it would be too complicated. I mean sure, there are some autists that have made websites dedicated to dissecting the films themes or 'deeper meanings', but understanding the plot/story isn't difficult.

>Well, now. Here's a man who wants to get right down to it. Kind of anxious to get to it, are you?

I like Mulholland Dr because of the nice visual and structural demonstration of subconcious/dream. I don't try to show off because I "get it", I just think, as everyone else apparently, there is nothing in the plot to discuss.
I guess it would be a lot easier as soon I saw the word "theories" to call him reddit and tell him to go discuss those in r/Westworld.

I don't either. I mean it's a good movie, a nice atmosphere and surreal scenes, but I agree it was incredibly straightforward. Lynch's films create a world for the viewer to exist in while they watch, and MD was the easiest world to exist in and I think that's why it gets so much praise. Lost Highway was my favorite Lynch for a long time, it had way more tension than MD and was so much fun to sit down and sort out what happened. But then I watched Inland Empire and that's definitely my favorite Lynch as well. All three hours had the tension of some scenes in Lost Highway or Blue Velvet. The actual plot made more sense than I thought it would based on what I've read, but the plot was so sparse that it hardly explains anything about the film. In this case though I'm fine with that. I though the use of digital was brilliant, and this may be Lynch's best soundtrack.

How's that for discussion?

It's talked about all the time

and I agree it's the best movie ever :^)

That a man's attitude determines to a large extent the way his life will be

>i like the pretty colours on the screen

all he said was the word 'visuals', which are genuinely good, and an important part of film, autist

i don't know if i find this scene the creepiest of the film, or the funniest

The lesbian scenes made me diamonds. Why isn't there more lesbokino?

Just watched the film a second time and I have a question for you guys

Why does Adam look at Betty in the GOAT move set scene like that (pic related). I tried to find out and people say it's because she is dreaming that he is in love wither her for the whole ego thing.

I always thought it was sort of a warning that she was actually in the dream, since he just said the line 'This is the girl', sealing the fate of camilla, much like Betty sealed the fate of Camilla IRL. And then Betty runs away because she is basically running away from reality, because the dream is more comfy.

What do you guys think?

yeah dude, it's hot as fuck

>he thinks yuri NTR and mc getting stabbed by creepy old people is good
horrible movie for horrible evil people
lynch a shit

bump!

>pretentious new fag just saw his first lynch movie
>pretends to understand it and claim it isn't absolute fucking shit

back to plebbit

>thinking it's hard to understand

once you understand that it's a dream, everything fits together pretty easily. maybe you don't belong here tbqh

how are you posting here with your reddit account

The Handmaiden is prime lesbokino.

Is this ironic?
People post it all the fucking time.

>Sup Forums constantly sucking lynch dick
>movie is talked about at least once a week
>is it to complicated?
>to complicated
>to
Fucking pretentious douche
It's a good movie, but it's not the best movie of all time.

don't reply to me, retard. you've revealed yourself as an idiot, I'm done with you

>aliens
-s

>movie is literally girl haves a dream, girl wakes up, girl kills herself
>too complicated
wew
A lot of underage itt

Here to see if anyone has a webm of Naomi fingering in her panties in that movie.

i don't even wanna see that, it's too sad

>best movie of all time
>not even lynchs best film

Pfffff way to show your pleb level

what's your favourite lynch?

OFFICIAL OBJECTIVE FLYNCH THE LYNCH RATINGS

FROM BEST TO WORST

ELEPHANT MAN
ERASERHEAD
LOST HIGHWAY
BLUE VELVET
MULLHOLAND DRIVE
WILD AT HEART
INLAND EMPIRE
DUNE

im not counting anything twin peaks

I got the general gist of what was going on and knew it was pointless to try and find meaning in every scene - Lynch enjoys making his movies impossible to be comprehensively understood.

It just wasn't as interesting to me as Eraserhead I guess.

>makes fun of someone's taste in Lynch
>puts Inland Empire that low
It's his best film by far. Otherwise not a bad list desu

It's a great movie, not the greatest, and it's been talked about to death if you weren't such a newfag.