Is she the most overrated actress of all time?

>not a single memorable role
>contributed nothing to the field of acting unlike other greats like Hoffman or Olivier
>so forgettable she ended up trying to make it as a singer to bolster her profile

Meh/10

devil wears prada was good desu

she also wrote harry potter

>"Never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it" - Mein Kampf (Adolf Hitler)

Really makes you think...

1/10 replied, she's one of the greats you butthurt sportscuck

Not an argument...

Grr... she made fun of le god emperor Xd!! reeeeee dumb roastie reeeeeeee! Wtf I hate her now? Why didn't they put a trigger warning before she spoke reeeeeeeeee?!!

True.

I think that "best actress" is a very American idea with regard to her. I doubt someone outside the US would have her in their current top five.

she actually is pretty overrated

katharine hepburn was right, she's a tick, tick, tick actress. you can see every gear working.

Also not an argument...

Genuinely curious now if anyone has an ACTUAL reason to think she's good. Is she literally a meme actress??

#TRIGGERED

Meryl Streep's acting is bad but I wouldn't go as far as calling her Hitler. She's just some pathetic hack of an actress with a self-inflated ego that thinks she's better than the President of the United States.

this desu

I don't think she's great, I just think Sup Forums getting triggered by her speech was retarded

In America we're just told that she's an "important" actress but honestly I don't know a single person who actually enjoys her movies. She's just supposed to be important and great because somewhere along the line she acquired this distinction and no one wants to challenge the orthodoxy.

She'll forever be known for her ridiculous speech, now. She fucked her own shit up.

>Also not an argument...
And you had any? Assuming you're op

already wrong

>contributed nothing to the field of acting unlike other greats like Hoffman or Olivier
wrong

>so forgettable she ended up trying to make it as a singer to bolster her profile
this is so retarded it's literally bait

>inb4 why wrong?
substantiate your post and i might substantiate mine

Not arguments... We're like 0-5 at this point in the defense of Memerl Streep

t.TriggeredTrumpDrone
She tends to star in movies for adults which is why you can't remember her in anything you have watched

>person criticizes politician that I support
>"I better spend the rest of my month anonymously posting mean memes about them on a Covert Convergence of Convalescing Congolese Conkers Conquerors film discussion message board"

I bet you unironically talk about how SJWs get triggered

Katharine Hepburn hated Meryl Streep calling Streep her least favorite modern actress. quoted as referring to Streep’s acting skills as 'click, click, click' meaning that you can always see the wheels turning in her head.

You're admitting that you're putting no effort in your posts and disagreeing for the sake of it. This is the definition of a shitpost. Sorry that you would rather spend your time arguing with someone based on your paranoia about strangers supporting Drumph instead of having discussions about film.

You """"win"""" I guess.

Imagine being Sup Forums in this situation and having to be all like "damn, Sup Forums, you fuckin' relevant, all on-topic with your politics and stale pepe memes. I would totally have reply to your thread, both as user and the real me." when all they really want to do is post another photo of a 16 year old in her dressing room. Like seriously imagine having to be Sup Forums and not only browse the board while Sup Forums flaunts their disgusting twitter outrage in front of you, the website format barely concealing the reddit leaking in from /r/the_donald, and just sit there, post after post, hour after hour, while their perfect their tantrums. Not only having to tolerate their monstrous fucking twitter screencaps but their haughty attitude as everyone in the thread tells them they've STILL GOT IT and DAMN, Sup Forums POSTS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch their off topic fucking threads contort into shitflinging you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been posting nothing but a healthy diet of star wars and bane and later alleged underage actresses for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in LOST threads. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on their sweaty brows as they explain that everyone is a cuck, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to sit there and revel in their "redpilled (for that is what they call them)" views, the views they worked so hard for by reading badly made jpeg infographics in the previous months. And then the mods refuse to delete their threads, and you know you could shoot every single person on this board before throwing them out of a plane, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Sup Forums. You're not going to lose your waifu threads over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

She's right, you know?

wtf I love Hepburn now! Is she le queen of Sup Forums and r/ledonald now?! That roastie Meyrl waz BTFO hahaha!

Not

Arguments

Do any of you even care about Streep or do you just want to defend her because apparently only Republicans can dislike her or something? You seem like political partisan hacks who believe she's worth defending because she said mean things about Blumpf.

The leftists on this board are pathetic, and I'm not even a right winger lol.

Not an argument.

>no arguments
post yours, or point at it, because i don't see any in this thread

>damn, Sup Forums, you fuckin' relevant, all on-topic with your politics and stale pepe memes.
Yes, Sup Forums is definitely irrelevant... not like they make the news literally every week amirite?

Also lol at the BANE? board calling other memes stale hahaha

Stevo Monylmeme XD!
Upboated :)

>make the news literally every week amirite?
prove it

Hey look it's the guy who admitted he's in this thread to shitpost and deliberately NOT engage in meaningful discussion. Better reply to him in earnest ;)))))

if you actually want to discuss maybe try elaborating on your opinion, i'll have to leave soon so get on with it

t. triggered trumpcuck

>Yes, Sup Forums is definitely irrelevant... not like they make the news literally every week amirite?

>devil wears prada was good desu
did your bf like it too?

>Sup Forums is not Sup Forums clay

Spotted the Sup Forumsmblrina here to discuss capeshit and diversity wars, also this pasta is scale.

Sorry OP, these posts are all me. I'm shitting up this thread for no reason. I admit that Meryl Streep isn't that great. I was triggered because she attacked Trump and that made me feel I had to defend her. Sorry again...

I fucking hate you tourist Sup Forumsfaggots who probably never saw any movie with her. she had quite a few good roles. doesnt matter if you agree with her political rant bs or not

Had she not made that speech, there would not be anything to compel you to create this thread. Your level of butthurt is palpable.

I voted Trump and I love Meryl Streep. Wat do?

>waaaaaaahh someone criticized my meme president!!
gonna cry?

Fuck the cuck mods

>waaaaaaahh someone criticized my meme actress!!
gonna cry?

>Only Sup Forums hated her speech
It wasn't even the Trump angle that bothered me, it was the fact that she thinks culture will cease to exist if she and her limo liberal buddies quit Hollywood. Fuck her and her jewel encrusted dress.

cringe

I never liked her, I honestly can't think of a single movie that she in that I enjoyed.

But Trump needs to get off Twitter, he's going to be the president. Obama really set the bar low and made the presidency a pop-culture thing. Trump isn't capable of restoring the dignity of the office, but I wish he'd try to act like an adult.

And people in general need to stop listening to anything celebrities say They are good at lying and pretending to be other people, it doesn't make them political philosophers.

>actresses being in the news reminds you they exist
You're so triggered you can't see this for what it is. Too paranoid about Klumpf

yeah we both liked it a lot

gb2r

As a bystander to your gay little tiff, the post he made was not "cringe". It seems like you don't have a response and that's why you posted this, but it's such a non sequitur response that you seem genuinely afraid to engage in the fight you picked.

t. a liberal.

>tumblr-tier faggot
>calling anyone else a tourist

You are aware of the context of this quote, right? Hitler was referring to the tactics that jews use.

whats your point?

Get

The

Cross

But she's dumb and wrong?

Post the Vince version of imagine please.

>using "gay" as an insult
I bet you call yourself a "classic" liberal.

Reminder that there are people ITT that unironically voted for a Sup Forums meme as president.

Honestly the rest of the world are lmaoing at 'the greatest nation on earth' right now. Enjoy being Putins bitch for the next 4 years whilst Donald 'drain the swamp' Trump continues to support his big business pals, fails to meet 99% of his pre election pledges and reverses countless acts put in place to help the working class.

Americans truly are the stupidest nation on the planet if they think Donald was every in it for the average folk.
inb4 liberal/cuck or any other pol buzzword in place of an actual argument

>it's such a non sequitur response

>Has starred in perhaps one genuinely good movie
>Genuinely overrated consistently.
>Stars in tons of trashy oscar bait
>Makes an ass of herself on tv

Why wouldn't people criticize her?

Doubt was good, but there are definitely far better actresses. Cate Blanchett for one.

Yeah I feel stupid for replying to you now... you weren't worth a post of more than a couple words. Get the fuck back to ledd.it. This board isn't for you.

>inb4 liberal/cuck or any other pol buzzword in place of an actual argument

If the shoe fits

>Welfare
>Helping the working class

no worries if he doesn't come through with the promises i'll just abandon ship and claim i never supported him in the first place. im a real american

>guy just types "not"

I wonder how it feels like to be born after September 11, 2001

>"Classic" liberal thinks Sup Forums is for him

This post is pure liberal meme. Also:
>drain the swamp obviously meant cis white men, right conservatives?
Lol we wanted the fucking marxists bleeding the country dry out of government. But it's hilarious you thought we meant that we don't want competent people running the country like you faggots.

I have to wonder how much of her speech was actually genuine. I'm operating under the assumption that it was all completely embellished over-acting. Give me a fucking break.

It's astoundingly hilarious that a bunch of asshole celebrities are trying to make themselves out to be poor victims in all of this. "waah, people aren't listening to our shit opinions and voting how we told them in our commercials!" Fucking get over it.

I have to wonder how much of Trump's speech was actually genuine. I'm operating under the assumption that it was all completely embellished over-acting. Give me a fucking break.

It's astoundingly hilarious that a bunch of asshole celebrities are trying to make themselves out to be poor victims in all of this. "waah, people aren't listening to our shit opinions and voting how we told them in our commercials!" Fucking get over it.

>being an SJW shit
>in the current year
FYI anyone under the age of 25 is a conservative. Only millennials pushing 30+ are unironically leftists proponents of identity politics. Your age is showing, gramps, and it's fucking pathetic

Nice meme by the way. When was that show on the air? When you were pursuing your liberal arts major in college?

you can criticize her ofc. I dont even agree with her speech because I find it kinda ridiculous when millionaire actors talk about struggle and shit. but I do think she had some good roles. you can like an artists work even if you dont agree with their personal opinions

Really activates my almonds

Are people more likely to criticize something they don't like or defend something they do like?

>"omg I can't believe people are so xenophobic and racist!"
>she says while living in her walled-off guarded mansion away from the "vibrant diversity" of mestizo, black, and kebab crime that the rest of the country has to deal with

1979 The Deer Hunter
1980 Kramer vs. Kramer
1982 The French Lieutenant's Woman
1983 Sophie's Choice
1984 Silkwood
All kino

She is probably the luckiest actress alive, ugly enough to make other women sympathize with her and not ugly enough to turn men off.

This. We're in the Fourth Turning.

She's been around since the 70s and has been in constant films since. Seems to have a lot of friends in the business.
Terrible in musicals. Mamma Mia was a fucking joke of a performance but Hollywood can't musicals full stop.

She was fine voice acting in fantastic Mr.fox but the idea she's the best actress is just put forward because she's friend's with a lot of the industry.

I thought the woman in OP pic was carrie fisher and I read all the replies very confused

she was shit in all of em though

It's easier to talk about what was wrong and how something could be better than how good something is, regardless of how you feel about it. It also makes for better conversation.

Most normies don't get this so most anons probably get "You hate everything anyway"

Don't visit Sup Forums

>FYI anyone under the age of 25 is a conservative. Only millennials pushing 30+ are unironically leftists proponents of identity politics.

Holy shit, you have to be braindead to think this. Pic related is how the election would have gone if only 18-25 year olds had voted

[citation needed]

Nice source

>she was in sophies choice

I didn't know that, but this election was like sophies fucking choice.

>i must keep defending trumps honor!

Millennials are objectively shit-tier when it comes to their leftist ideologies. But there's data supporting the idea that "Gen Z" (the ones in highschool and turning 18 right now) are actually more conservative than usual.

You have to think about these things relatively speaking. Young people almost always tend to be more left leaning. But if young adults have typically leaned 70% liberal and they're now leaning only 55% liberal, then that's still a drastic shift. Young adults have typically been one of the stonghold constituencies for the democrats. The kids growing up right now and entering adulthood as we speak are much less liberal/progressive/whatever than millennials.

And that's also taking into account how the younger the generation, the less white they are. Which means that the younger whites are becoming more conservative at a significant rate.

my wife's son hated it

>being so butthurt
>not being able to separate someone's politics from their work
You criticize her for openly talking about something that is not her field, while at the same time, holding comments about something not in her professional field against her credibility as an artist. The hypocrisy and irony is mind-boggling.

Yes, she should've shut her fucking mouth but she's undoubtedly the greatest American actress of the past half century without any difficulty.
>Manhattan
>Adaptation
>Defending Your Life
>One True Thing
>Bridges of Madison County
These aren't even necessarily her best roles, just ones where she lifted movies that could've been forgettable without her. You teenage internet white knight faggots trying so hard to defend a 70 year old billionaire that is perfectly capable of defending himself is one of the saddest things I've ever witnessed in my 36 years of life.

I thought her speech was retarded, but whatever I don't hate the lady.

However I really can't think of a movie she's been in besides The Devil Wears Prada.

A DISABLED REPORTER! HE MOCKED A DISABLED REPORTER!

See? Nobody cares.

you're right. remember that time when deniro trashed trump and everyone immediately started posting stuff like 'deniro was never good' and all that? crazy shit, amirite? it is almost as if it never happened.

Young people are becoming more conservative because they're trying to rebel against their liberal parents and authority figures. Just like the previous generation rebelled against their conservative parents by becoming more liberal.

ts an endless cycle. In twenty or thirty years we'll probably see young people of that time becoming more liberal again.

she won a bunch of oscars in movies nobody ever watch

Finally somebody who gets it

that's the first redpill for the normie bluepillers, that Trump treated that guy like every other person he mocks, and never "imitated" him as still images made it look like. Trump is truly equal in who he attacks and now the liberals are crying and demanding special treatment.

Yeah, that's the best part. He does the exact same over-the-top-hands-flailing thing for many people he mocks, including Ted Cruz and other GOP candidates. He wasn't even making fun of the guy's arm; he didn't even remember that his arm was fucked up.

And even if he did know he had a fucked up arm, so what? The guy was being mocked for being a retarded dishonest journalist. Is he supposed to be free from criticism because of his midget arm? Of course not.

Like you said, Trump is incredibly fair in who he attacks. He only ever attacks someone who attacks him first, and it's always proportionate

I liked her in that Julia Childs one, but that's the only one I actually remember.