This is a joke, right? Like an expensive joke made to make people angry. What the fuck...

This is a joke, right? Like an expensive joke made to make people angry. What the fuck, I was watching it and when the russian angel part happened I was a bit sceptical. Then they started dancing to revive the stoner dude I got upset thinking this might be pretty bad. THEN THE ENDING PART HAPPENED. WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS. WHY DID MY GF MAKE ME WATCH THIS. Am I just retarded and don't get it? Help me out here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CoaWrAvoEp8
youtube.com/watch?v=QqhtUBnc09E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You just don't know how to appreciate interpretive dance.

It's like they made a series and they started off so good with the whole captive scenario thing, but then the whole thing turned into a joke which was created to make people mad.

I watched entire thing waiting for it to get good but they kept subverting expectations in the dumbest ways possible.
>spend an entire show establishing this weird magic shit and interesting characters
>have this whole world of things we basically know nothing about other than a few scenes
>"lol no it's just her imagination"
>instead focus on this extremely pozzed cast of misfits
>school shooter happens
>they start doing the dance moves
>think this will finally establish these vague powers
>"lol no they were just a distraction"
>girl is shot in the chest
>obviously going to die
>"it's happening!!!"
and then it just ends? Fuck this show

Why is she even called the OA? What does that have to do with anything?

It's a good start for a story, but not a complete one. If there's nothing that will explain the many, many, MANY unfinished plots, I don't know what they were thinking.

>Why is she even called the OA? What does that have to do with anything?
Because she was OA (away) for years. I'm serious.

No, cause she is the Original Angel.

netflix needs to be gassed

i hope that isn't true

But she isn't? I thought she got her powers from having a near death experience when she was a Russian qt?

>the oh ay
>the away
I'm dumb for not having noticed that before, but that is also retarded

>
>No, cause she is the Original Angel.
No. When she has the first NDE, she meets an angel. Didn't you see the wings?

The Baba Yaga or whatever was that woman in the afterlife calls her the original. The captives are called angels even by people who didn't know them directly (The sheriff's wife). So OA does stand for Original Angel.
No idea what that means, as it was never explained. We don't even know what an Angel in the context of the show is.

Its dumb, but original angel is what was explained in the show.

But how/why is she the "original" angel or an angel at all? What does "angel" even mean in this context

fuck this show sucks more and more the more I think about it

You are trying to rationalize a screenplay written by this woman

I like how the dumb teens doing this almost makes sense but the frumpy middle aged woman makes it extra pathetic

All the show explains is that after death existence continues in another universe or dimension, and that it{s possible to affect ours in various ways through the use of certain motions. How certain "Angels" or individuals are more attuned to it is never explained, and all this knowledge is gained offscreen in some other world.

I dunno. The concept in itself is interesting to me, the thing is that the series ends without doing anything with it. It's hilarious that it even tried to play a "was it all in her imagination" card near the end and that the kids bought it, when OA was blind before being abducted and now can see.

>when cat ladies write for Netflix
that's like having niggers make iPhones

Psychosomatic blindness is a thing.

Her regaining her sight from being clocked in the back of the head isn't even entirely implausible.

Can we haver her and Joe Rogan on a podcast together?

Beats by dr Dre are the best headphones around.

well no they're not and niggers don't make those, they buy them

I just watched it to fap to the crazy bitch.

>gets away with being a Death Eater and trying to kill Harry right in front of Dumbledore's office
>gets away with kidnapping the OA and torturing her for seven years
Is this guy ever gonna be held accountable?

he's like a fictional Sam Hyde

You are meddling with forces beyond comprehension

I don't think my mind could handle being fucked that hard

So you hated the first season? Don't worry, wait for the second season to find out whats going to happen!! You gonna love it

Nogga, you think one of us is brit marling and can explain shit that was never fully explained in the show?

Not that anyone could understand if brit did explain.

This shit doesnt need a second season. How will that shit even work?

>MY GF
fucking normie you got what you deserved

lol was that coral?

Considering the first season resolved literally nothing?

Can someone who operates at a higher level please explain to me the thematic implications of this scene?

What was OA's power level?

>Logic refugee
>seeking emotional asylum
there's the answer to the whole fucking thing

So... they're using the exact same tactic Star-Lord used to save the planet Xandar?

It's just not complete without sound

youtube.com/watch?v=CoaWrAvoEp8

>be the OA
>get shot

so i take it this is a show for high schoolers right?

see

No it's for single women

We have no idea. She's an unreliable narrator. In the end it's never made clear which parts of her story are real or not.

That was Buck, a 15 year old boy (female)

thanks for letting me know that my decision to drop this after 2 eps was correct

>Stranger Things
>Kimmy Schmidt
>The OA
>Orange is the New Black
Why does Netflix love keeping women in captivity?

>hot but deranged neighbour tells us about the last wachowski sisters movie
>with no proof we believe her storye
>she's truly an angel
>what? she read homer! she was deranged all along!
>ho no a shooter
>we must stop him
>*dance*

You think brit can actually resolve anything?

1st was a "fun" story that was mildly engaging for the mystery.

What are they going to do, actually explain where OA really was? Assuming she was lying.
Say that she was telling the truth about everything and the books were a plant to make it seem like she was lying?
Go rescue the other prisoners?

Sometimes stories are a lot like women, way more attractive when theres still something left to the imagination.

>What are they going to do
There's a pretty big chance they're not going to do anything. The show seems to have been planned as a whole like that and on interviews she's been like "If they throw money at us to make another season sure, we'll do it" but it doesn't look like it's currently in their plans.

>OA is your first brit marling experience

all his "acting" and "writing" is like this; a bunch of pseudo-intellectual existential narcissist statements strung together to seem deep.

this is what happens when you tell a generation of kids that everything they do is special and give them a media platform where they are completely immune to criticism.

>his
meant o say her

Checking IMDB for the other movies she's written and acted in. Another Earth seems to draw from the same sources than the OA. Is it any good?
Sound of my voice seems pretty out there too. The premises seem engaging at least.

That was my point.

It seemed like it was written to be a self contained "mini-series". Something like Pillars of Earth.

They had a story to tell, however batshit crazy, and they told it.

I wish people werent so fucking demanding on quantity. Let shit end ffs.

sound of my voice is really similar to the OA in terms of style.

she plays the cult leader who might as well be the same character as the OA in another timeline. same way of speaking, same cult of personality and tries to blur the line between someone who is making shit up and actually has magic powers.

I kind of agree with ou, except for the fact that several plot ploints in the story feel off when leaving unresolved. Especially Hap's.

He's clearly the antagonist/villain. is named "Angel Hunter" and it's told and shown several times that him acquiring all movements was a bad thing to happen. Then he does. And the story forgets about it because "Maybe it was all a dream"?
Not everything needs to be put under a microscope, but you need some resolution to the plots you start.

> This was trash was produced and my pilot may never see the light of day.

Life is suffering

>all his "acting" and "writing" is like this; a bunch of pseudo-intellectual existential narcissist statements strung together to seem deep.
> this is what happens when you tell a generation of kids that everything they do is special and give them a media platform where they are completely immune to criticism.
>>>
>Anonymous 01/14/17(Sat)18:10:43 No.78392041▶

Yeah Another Earth is ok. Very similar, its a personal story and the sci fi element only acts as a catalyst

MEME IT INTO HAPPENING

We all just can't be as successful as Britt user.

holy fuck

Out of all the plot devices you could come up with, like absolutely *anything* at all, the one they chose was fucking spastic dancing? How could anyone think that was a good idea?

I kinda like when plots are semi-resolved or just left open. It leaves room for interpretation/speculation, which is fun.

In OA's case, by not having any concrete evidence for what happened when she was gone the viewer is left to speculate... maybe hap is real, but kept her locked up as a sex slave. Maybe everything she said was true. Maybe everything but the magic power stuff is true. Maybe none of it is true.

Its like a magic trick. Half the fun of seeing a trick performed is thinking about how it was done. Immediately knowing makes the trick boring.

man what the hell is this show i can't believe this isn't a comedy

youtube.com/watch?v=QqhtUBnc09E

I dont get why the gun man didnt just shoot them.

The dancing was just so out there that his brain could not comprehend what was happening and froze just enough for someone to tackle him.

LMAO

Someone tweet this video to Brit

>WHY DID MY GF MAKE ME WATCH THIS.
Probably so she could have some alone time with Big Tyrone

Probably because it was shit, considering how you can't even recognize a good series.

There are people that legitimately believe that the books are a plant by the FBI, and not a simple narrative choice to cast doubt on the story.

Don't worry yourself mate, it was a fantastical piece of shite, there was nothing to get.
It will be hailed as a triumph due to the emotional response it has recieved, despite that emotion to be hate.

>The Fonz wanders into OA's house, comes across books that cast doubt on her whole story.
>Suddenly FBI therapist guy who has no business being anywhere near shows up

I mean, it was obviously just a narrative tool to cast doubt, but this was part of it.

im going to watch the thing she wrote

what's it about?

The fbi were investigating her abduction, she had expressed a desire to return to her abducter, of fucking course the fbi were at her house, she was the only lead they had, she would of been staked out 24/7.

I get that was what were supposed to think... but ffs, if youre a gun toting guy shooting people, would you not immediately shoot someone that jumped up off the ground?

Why did the kid not just start shooting people?
Kids these days are horrible at school shootings.
Eric and Dylan would be ashamed.

Staking out her house when she's not there instead of following her around?

Also, they don't follow her around when she storms out and are nowhere nearby when the school shooting occurs.

>be gunman
>see fags and old bitch start doing interpretive dance
>lol wtf

Kid seemed really hesitant to shoot people. He seems to give out a couple warning shots as he approaches the mess but once he's there he doesn't shoot anyone. It may be he wanted to be taken down or was a play for attention, but against that argument you have that he's not carrying a run of the mill pistol. Getting and bringing out an assault rifle means commitment.
It's all very strange.

what the fuck am i watching

makes more sense than planting fucking books in the vague hope that a turn of events will lead to one of the group coming to the unlikly decision that breaking into her house would be a good idea and stumbling upon the books.
fucking duh.

so fucking bad, i actually expected some cool sci-fi shit when i started watching it.

Nope it's a conspiracy bro.

boipucci

that boy also has girlpucci though

This has to be the worst tv show i have ever watched.

Is there any tv show worse than this garbage?

Lets see your pilot

sense8, easily

Back to your capeshit threads, pleb.

>another netflix show

hmm

prove me wrong lmao

Just wanted to say that I loved the show and think it's great (aside from ending that would have been sorta fine if not for a memescene from a mememovie).

Seems about right.

I can't.

sense8 had a good concept, a show about people switching life skills on the fly fighting crime/robbing banks or whatever would be amazing. it was ruined by degenerate faggotry.

this how ever does it have any redeeming qualities?

take her like a man she wants to be then rape her like the woman she is

wrong pic

I made it through the beginning of the second episode, but that was it.

Is Brit Marling a hack? She used to be my waifu and I really liked Sound of My Voice, Another Earth, and the East. The OA in some ways seems like a shitty spin-off of Sound of my Voice.

They touched on interesting ideas but developed none of them. The whole season was building up to this big rescue attempt that never happens. Ambiguous endings are just lazy writing trying to be deep.