Titus Andronicus leak

Who has it????

Other urls found in this thread:

www108.zippyshare.com/v/clKu7WOv/file.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I’m a huge Titus fan. They opened the door to my musical tastes back when I was in high school.

I love this album. I didn’t think Titus could make an impact after the success of The Most Lamentable Tragedy. It seemed illogical to make louder punk songs that made me want to scream and jump and break things. When Patrick Stickles said this album would be a collection of ballads I was intrigued. Now I have it and I’m blown away. It’s beautiful and inspiring. It’s absolutely transitional. Stickles has proven that his writing style isn’t just a fad but that he is a musician that we should take seriously. He’s beginning to carve his name amongst the greats.

The Most Lamentable Tragedy sounded like a love letter to Rock’n’Roll. It covered a lot of different sounds but wrapped it all in that classic Titus Andronicus head banging sound.

A Productive Cough sounds like a deep appreciation of classic rock heroes like Bruce Springsteen, Lou Reed, Bob Dylan, and many others.

What I really love is that this album isn’t technically out until Friday. Which makes me think that we won’t be able to see reviews until then. So now there’s a handful of people who only have physical copies of this album and can listen to it for the sake of enjoying it. Which is what Rock’n’Roll was in its prime.

Maybe I’m overplaying all of this but I’m ecstatic right now. Great job Titus. You’ve been impressing me since I learned how to drive, and I can’t thank you enough.

What you consider his best album?

this is a copypasta from reddit btw

not as good as their last one

yeah saying Rock'N'Roll kinda gave that away

here it is, it's in 128 tho
www108.zippyshare.com/v/clKu7WOv/file.html

don't use this, it's on slsk in 320

I like it

I tried getting into this band years ago and neither Airing of Grievances or The Monitor did anything for me. I heard that Bodega song recently and was pretty impressed, i'll probably check out this album but it also made me think that their backcatalog needs some re-evaluating.

hot take: 'Home Alone' is the worst proper song titus have ever put out. an 8 minute cock rock jam with barely any lyrics (the ones that are there being essentially meaningless). exactly what people listen to this band for yeah.

Real Talk is great tho

naaah I like Home Alone, the chorus is catchy as fuck and it's just really fun.

I feel like this whole album is like their fun, upbeat, "old-school" album, and it works surprisingly well. One thing that helps is that they didn't go full pop--they're still experimenting with longer-than-normal song lengths (half the album is 7+ minute songs).

Bump for a 320 mega/zippy

one of those guys used to attend my college

Not on Redacted

Any 320 copies probably aren't legitimate

kind of disappointed overall on my first listen desu. home alone just feels pointless and the dylan cover, great at it is, is still a cover and doesn't really belong on the album imo. so then you're left with 5 tracks, the first 3 are great and I'm sure the ballads will grow on me. but man it does feel like their worst album.

there is absolutely no way it can be their worst album when Local Business exists

but I agree that putting a cover on their own studio album is kinda lame. that said, it's a pretty good cover. it's not like they butchered it or something.

I haven't listened to APC yet but Local Business is fantastic

>Local Business is fantastic

how can you possibly think this

imo it's absolute garbage

I dunno man local business is great and this barely feels like an album, it's like 5 songs plus 17mins of filler. giving another listen now, hopefully I'll be keener on it this time.

>rock heroes like Bruce Springsteen, Lou Reed, Bob Dylan, and many others.
i bet the list could go on

What don't you like about it? It's so much fun. Killer melodies, great lyrics, it has a nice rough live-setting vibe - I don't get the hate

it's just so boring and poppy compared to everything else they've done. it feels like a sellout record. maybe I should listen again.

>local business
>poppy
you okay mate? the songs are generally shorter than the monitor but that's the only thing making it more poppy

It's great road-trip music, maybe try that at some point

After listening to Real Talk I'm pretty surprised that Patrick is doing a solo acoustic tour. A full band would absolutely kick ass with these new songs

gotta be a full band tour to follow. hopefully with the piano back in the live band too.

the acoustic tour will be very weird anyway considering pat can't really sing live