Who was in the wrong here?

Who was in the wrong here?

Other urls found in this thread:

cosmicbooknews.com/content/batman-vs-superman-twitter-spambot-smear-campaign-discovered
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Bruce I have something VERY important to tell you
>let me wait until I'm beaten half to death to do that

Zack Snyder obviously.

kek

>be crimefighter millionaire
>protege got fucking killed a while ago by arch-nemesis psychopath
>feeling older and start to have a bleaker view of the world
>soldier on
>suddenly aliens
>a fight between two of them levels neighboring city metropolis
>thousands of people die in the conflict, including some of your close friends and many employees
>witness first hand the absolute destruction these aliens can deliver while holding a newly-orphaned girl
>news media split between giving the alien sainthood and painting him as an unstoppable god-figure
>plagued by dreams of him taking over, worshipped by followers as he becomes the tyrant leader of the world
>evidence hand-delivered to me of him destroying innocent lives
>have a single chance to kill him with radioactive rock

did they fugg

Batman was wrong. He was easily manipulated by Lex to do his bidding until the very end of the movie

>become his best friend after he tells me his mother's name

He looks like he's lost and sorry for fucking up Jason's career.

whos that drunk guy on the right?

Batman. Isn't that obvious? He was clearly the villain of the movie even though you could understand his paranoia.

>literally the reason that I became superhero was the deep traumatic loss of my family
>last word uttered by my dying parents was my mother's name
>has haunted me ever since and forms the core of motivation to fight crime
>alien says this name
>some lady shows up and tells me it's his mom
>realize our common humanity and that I came inches away from killing an innocent man who'd done nothing but try to help

so, if superman's mom had any other name Batman would have killed him

Maybe

>Hovers on the sky
>"Bruce! Lex tricked both of us into fighting! He's got my mom and he would kill her if I didn't come here!"
>*throws pictures of Martha at Bruce so he can see it's true*
>"Please help me!"

The director, scriptwriter, producers, editors, and anybody who paid money to see the movie

The critics

>Jason Momoa
>a career

As what? A diverse "that guy"?

Anyone who disliked this movie and couldn't see it for the intellectual genius it is

Batman. Superman is the light that will propel mankind forward.

Hate on Snyder all you want for your own reasons, but please answer me this: Why doesn't any Marvel or Fox capeshit look half as good?

Because they're made by studio yes-men with very questionable credentials paid to quickly pump out scenes as the suits order them to.

The creative freedom given to Snyder would never have been accepted with a Marvel director. They hire TV directors simply because they are very easy to control and boss around.

Because they unfortunately stopped shooting on film

The critics

I know there's been a million threads about this but I still don't understand why this film was so poorly received. Sure it was kinda weird at parts, especially the fight with doomsday but there were some legitimately great moments, that's more than I can say for most Marvel movies.

Because the critics will eat anything they shit on their mouths and the plebes will go see them because it's basically a glorified Transformers franchise. They have no incentive to be good

Modern critics are corrupt as fuck and not reliable. It's all about the agenda.

>I still don't understand why this film was so poorly received.
Me neither. Creeps me out. Everyone gives off the impression that they're under some spell.

KEENOH!

>mfw there are people who didn't get this

You can't make this shit up

Because it was shit and you're using snowflake tactics 101 to feel different, classic textbook contrarianism

The mainstream media.

Zach Snyder

I'd say you're false flagging hard right now but then again Ledditors actually say shit like this to appeal to upvotes. Can you tell me what you see in Civil War or XMEN: Anything over MoS and BvS? I'd like to understand the vitriol.

The defense for CW usually boils down to "IT'S FUN".

And when I point out just how awfully shot and directed it is, they always resort to calling me pretentious. Those Marvel movies are fucking worse than Transformers yet praised as Oscar winners do. Something is really fishy here.

Actual structure and characters, not three hours of a dumb person jerking off over cartoon characters and how "deep" they are.
Also what I said is right, the only reason people praise BvS is to feel smart or different.

Can you defend BvS without retreating to comparisons to other movies?

>Actual structure and characters
Civil War had neither. It has characters that fight because the plot wants them to fight and when all is said is done, nobody is really hurt or anything. It was all just two hours of CGI dudes punching each other with barely any consequences whatsoever.

Marvel movies are for dumb people. As simple as that.

This how it's going to go down:

>ITS SHIT
>MARTHA JAJA... OOPS I MEAN HAHAA
>the flick filosopher and her friends didn't like it lol
>total failure because it didn't make (insert ever increasing number) millions haha! This proves low QUALITY!
>ITS SHIT
>I didn't like it so nobody likes it, don't post those bluray sales numbers proving the movie has a growing fanbase, I have bullshit to argue back and memes to spice it all up!

There, I saved Hiro 300 replies

>enter BvS thread
>see people shitposting mad
>bait them out
>always reveal themselves as Marvel shills
This is getting scary. This happens every time. Just how much presence do they have on this board? How far does Disney's social media marketing go?

>the flick filosopher and her friends didn't like it lol

cosmicbooknews.com/content/batman-vs-superman-twitter-spambot-smear-campaign-discovered

>The tweet reads: "Batman v Superman will be a two hour tracking shot of every DC character crying in the rain" (or some version of that).

>It's thought the tweet is being put out there to negatively affect users' opinions who search for "Batman v Superman."

Disney programmed actual spambots on Twitter to destroy BvS's word of mouth. What makes you think they didn't bribe a few dozen bloggers?

Oh make no mistake. Everyone got it.
It wasn't in the reason itself it was the presentation that fucked it up.

see

> He's actually afraid of Disney
Good, good

Can you claim BvS deserved the negative reviews it got when Marvel movies that look like TV shows are praised as if they were Godfather movies?

Because visuals is literally everything Zack Snyder can do. There is literally no other reason to hire him except pretty pictures. Also stop bringing up Marvel to make your shitty movies look good

>le argument comic
>the argument I like stated in sophisticated and logical fashion
>EXAGGERATED OPPONENTS OPINION STATED BADLY AS ADHOMINEM
>Witty, level headed rebuttal
>Guess I win again kid heh heh heh.

God i hate these things. 99% of them are trash.

>Can you claim BvS deserved the negative reviews

Yes. For it doesn't function on any real level and contradicts it's own premises on multiple occasions.

Spell out your reasoning

There's this thing that happens in every BvS thread where a capekinoisseur will point out some great thing in BvS, or some bit of symbolism and visual symmetry.

And every single time a redditor replies with "we got it, everyone got it"

When not a single critic, professional or otherwise, has mentioned "it" before.

So no, you didn't get it. None of these hack critics got it. Every idiot redditor just says "durr he stop fight cuz mommy got saem naem," when that's not really it at all.

You didn't answer the whole question. Funny that.

>Marvel movies are average mainstream shlock
>DC movies are fedora-tier attempts to make deep symbolic movies hampered by corperate attempts to release average mainstream shlock to compete with other average mainstream shlock

>it is bad because it's actually not bad
This is such a poor argument. Your Marvel shilling shows.

lol

>b-b-b-but Marvel
Every time.
BvS is not good, it's actually indefensible, you're just trying to drag Disney and Fox down to WB level.

Inventor of dubs got our back.

The people who paid money to see this.

I mean, you'd have to be a special case of retarded to argue that a TV show movie about five people in suits fighting in a CGI airport is more engaging than BvS.

It's funny because redditors such as yourself who hate BvS are incapable of articulating why you hate it. You just say "it's bad, it's indefensible" over and over. Whereas we can actually articulate why we love the movie, why it's so great on so many levels.

E V E R Y T H R E A D

Trips fedora.

This shit doesn't make anyone else paranoid? These people are monitoring threads 24/7. Same posts. Same non-arguments. Same poor attempts to dismiss valid criticism against Marvel's schlock.

It was the job of the director and writers to show us "it". They didn't do a good job and so the movie isn't good for that reason.

It was definitely more entertaining.

>these digits
>KEK is a DChad

This explains a lot

There's this thing that happens in every BvS thread, some pretentious neckbeard with entry level knowledge of cinema will post his reaching "symbolism" interpretation completely forgetting that it doesn't fix the shortcomings of the movie, then when this gets pointed out he merely blames everyone of being a Disney shill thus exposing his attemts at elevating his own intelligence with a bad movie and that he cares little about its actual quality.

Then why did the fight stop?

Okay, so because you're not smart or observant enough to get it, we're going to blame Snyder, even though all the pieces are there and all you have to do is think about

yes, its funny how I'm ignoring "B-B-BUT MAHVEL!!" when asking people to try to defend BvS on it's on merits.

Not only kek, but also dubs guy

1/2

Here's what stops Batman from killing Superman: the first roadblock is, of course, Superman saying "Martha". And it's not the simple fact that their mothers have the same name, it's the detail Snyder slips into the beginning of the movie that nobody ever picks up on: Thomas' last word is "Martha". I can't recall that being in any version of that story, although I wouldn't be surprised if it has. It definitely doesn't happen in The Dark Knight Returns, which I have right in front of me. Considering the level of detail to which the movie recreates this moment as portrayed in that book, the addition of that line is worth noting.
So here Batman is, having committed to executing a complete stranger-- he's literally about to thrust the spear down and kill Superman-- and the guy chokes out "Martha".
His whole life has been defined by one moment: watching his parents die in the street for no reason at all. The thug didn't even get Martha's pearls. He didn't have time to take Thomas' wallet. It was a senseless crime and we can even see in his face that he's horrified by what he's done. (Another detail I've never seen brought up before.) And the last act his father does in this life is to reach out and whisper his wife's name before they both die together.
And now, what, he's supposed to listen to Superman say "Martha" and let that be his last word and then live with that for the rest of his life?? Of course he freaks out and has a full-blown 'Nam flashback. And you can see that that might not have been enough. After he snaps back to reality, all he does is get angry. He might have still killed Superman, telling himself it's some alien trick, some desperate Hail Mary from a guy who sees and hears everything, a fact that Batman appears to be aware of.

You first.

My question was if BvS deserved its negative reviews when the objectively shittier Marvel movies are scoring reviews that make them look like Oscar contenders. You didn't answer that. Instead you ignored the part of Marvel's scores being incredibly inflated in comparison to their quality.

We did tho. It's just that your poor little butthurt mind can't possibly comprehend of someone not enjoying your kids movie about men in tights.

2/2

But then Lois Lane runs into the room.
I think a lot people saw this and thought "why would he listen to her?" That's because they wrote off one of the earlier scenes in the movie, where the Flash rips open time and space to scream one name at Batman: Lois Lane.
You bet your sweet ass that Batman googled the shit out of her, trying to figure out who she is and why she might be important. And now, here she is! She's embraced this Superman and is defending him and-- wait a minute... she met The Superman before anyone else and broke the story for the Daily Planet. The Daily Planet, that's just like-- just like that reporter at the party oh my god I've had a conversation with this man. I insulted the Superman to his face while he pretended to be a mere mortal and he simply agreed to disagree with me.
There's only one thought that could be going through Batman's head at this point: "What have I become?" And he knows the answer as well as you do now: he's become his father's killer.

That's what stops Batman. Not a name. What stops Batman is the realization that he's led himself astray by following a beautiful lie.

We've had hundreds of hours of threads with people articulating in quite clear language why BvS failed on every level, what are you talking about?

see

we'v had hundreds of hours of threads with people posting laughingevans.jpg and box office results, as if that makes their movies not shit*

>tfw we will never have threads without the obnoxious Mouse shills again
Shame the moderation is so incompetent.

Theres a difference between the pieces being there and then being portrayed in a way the audience can understand, AND THEN warrant an emotional response.

They ignore these threads because it's not about reaching consensus, it's about "winning" and when they start getting the flaws pointed out they just insult everyone, leave and try again in another thread
It's a brand war, not a discussion.

>the fight stopped because of headcanon

Still dodging the question.

aquaman is so pathetic lol MUH METALSIGN IMMU TOTALLY NOT 16YO

Snyder is good at visuals, that's it. He sucks at everything else.

>some guy points out some hidden meaning or symbolism in a heavily visual narrative driven movie
>some shill answers that it doesn't matter, it's shit
>but what about...
>doesn't matter it's shit because I say so
>repeat ad nauseam

Sounds about right

Is there any group of shills as dedicated to shitpost BvS as the Marvel Pakis? It's honestly reached the point of absurdity now. Disney must've promised some real shiny loos in return.

I'm asking if you can defend BvS on it's on merits. You're responding by whining about civil war's critical reception.

I for one am glad the films don't dumb things down for the Marvel crowd

Every single piece of information in that post comes from the film itself. I'm deeply apologetic this film doesn't spoonfeed shit to you.

do more ellipsis faggot

>tfw we will never have a board free of this cringey garbage and these pants-shitting autists constantly shitposting and defending it

Shame the moderation is so incompetent.

I asked you a question and then you twisted the question because you realized quickly enough that there is no defense for Civil War's critical praise when considering the treatment BvS got by the same critics.

I think you're just very desperately trying to hide just how corrupt these "journalists" are.

Batman was literally right

This is all they do when their circlejerk threads get hijacked by people that dislike the movie, insult everyone and try again in another thread.

DUDE BIBLICAL REFERENCES LMAO

hey you could just not enter the thread

i mean nobody gives a shit about your shitty opinions so why not just leave

instead of getting triggered that people like a movie

>see thread about something you don't like
>gee better I spend FUCKING HOURS OF MY LIFE proving to them that movie is shit haha
>not a shill though

I didn't like the flick either but come on Disney, get a grip

>DChad creates a thread to talk about a movie
>like clockwork, thread gets hijacked by the same three Marvel cuckolds
What, the Civil War threads don't last long?

Nice ad hominem, friend- they stilled failed to do what they set out to do.

>Marvel
Youre incapable of arguing without forming a dichotomy or attacking the other person it seems. Quality post