How do we stop clairo from eating. She's honestly getting fat desu senpaitachi. This day and age of body positivity...

How do we stop clairo from eating. She's honestly getting fat desu senpaitachi. This day and age of body positivity, millennials are the fattest generation there has ever been. Nobody will tell her she looks bad because of this whole love your bloody body bullshit. Well I for one won't stand for it. Ill tell it like it is, like a good grandmother would do. Clairo lay off the taco bell. Also what you think about her music? Pretty shit desu senpai.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-8JiA4mdVAQ
adage.com/article/agency-news/converse-cmo-geoff-cottrill-joins-mullenlowe-boston/303484/
digiday.com/marketing/mullenlowes-geoff-cottrill-brands-screw-music-marketing/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoff_Cottrill
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I am from the Boston area and I, and my friends and family, have encountered her father who worked for Rubber Tracks (Converse's record label) and various marketing/advertising companies. He has utilized his connections - and his extreme wealth - to place her on bills with artists (such as Tyler the Creator) who have taken years (..and years...and years..) to develop a following. All of her write-ups, interviews, press-releases, social media, and her own responses in interviews neglect to mention that her father has clearly had an influence on her music career.

Why is this? This is possibly due to the fact that Clairo has been branded - possibly by herself, her managers, or her father - as a "self-made" indie artist. Obviously this wouldn't be mentioned in the numerous pre-paid write-ups that her father has paid for in MTV and Pitchfork. I say all of this with the sentiment that she is talented, inspiring, and hard-working as a musician but I feel deceived as a fan that this has not been mentioned by the artist herself or any of the dozens upon dozens of interviews or press-releases that have clearly been planned, cultivated, and consciously construed to set up a false representation of an artist - or should I say - a brand. I do not think this discredits her art - I think it discredits the transparency between her management/herself and her fanbase.

Clairo's father is a figure who is fraught with greed, power, a void that can only be filled with currency (the teenager with a new red convertible every year - no this isn't an analogy). I think this persona can be summed up by his career. He has been the manager of marketing for Coca-Cola and Starbucks. It is quite evident that he is exploiting his daughter's talent/mimicking for his own financial and internal gain. Another rich person pushes a pawn upon the masses and they never see the invisible hand that did it. This is a pattern in both the music industry and the world at large.

If this is real, thank you for saying it.

How do we stop her from breathing? Maybe if we stop her from eating long enough.

ew shes from my area
and yes i always knew she was a huge plant

lmao this bitch lives in my hometown, she a thot to the max. y'all niggas thirsty af

lol who cares she still makes good music

her and gus dapperton are part of some marketing bullshit to push an indie scene

Why have a problem with clairo and not lizzy gran-I MEAN LANA DEL REY

This is retarded. A successful father is “exploiting” his wildly-untalented daughter’s “talent”? lol no, he’s using his influence and connections to try and give his daughter a career that her abilities clearly don’t merit.

Fuck off wigger scum

we need user who makes thick taytay pics to make fat clario to see if it will be worse

because Lana is irrelevant. and no one claims she was anything but an industry plant.

shes fake as fuck

>Another rich person pushes a pawn upon the masses and they never see the invisible hand that did it. This is a pattern in both the music industry and the world at large.

I hope you're not one of those eat the rich/we dem people wooing and fighting the good fite people.

The thing is that even if what you say is correct and truthful Clairo still utilizes a powerful image that doesn't require a person to get into a conflict with themselves in order to enjoy it. Youte not going to be angry at a teenage girl singing on YouTube would you? Even if you would come out and tell the world that she's not what she seems to be the fans, the society and the norms that have been around for years are going to put your opinions under the pressure of guilt.

Clairo is the perfect example of something that the majority has no right to hate because of her purity. Whether this purity is fake or not is another talk what matters is the final image.

Wherever it really was her father or not it's a win win for her.

people are open to this kind of shit and that's all

*why the fuck did I respond to a copypasta*

>Sup Forums posts this rightly criticizing this fake indie artist
>meanwhile the spamming of the 6ix9ine bait threads and soyposting is so constant and prevalent that Sup Forums is post-ironically taking it seriously
Sup Forums will defend this

honestly the twee-ness of the way she presents herself is unbereable and doesn't bring anything new to the table, it's the same a lot of other quirky indie thots do, just that this happened to get picked up from bandcamp or soundcloud by indie media

and her vocals are shit, that danny l harle that features her is awful. but i can't fully blame her for that, he's at fault for thinking that she could be a worthy "muse" for the music

Bump. But everyone here knows this already post this to reddit or Twitter something

any popular artist is fake to some degree it's nothing new

Again it's the people listening to the music, supporting the artists/etc.

>5/10, not attractive enough for waifu status
>untalented
>makes generic, boring music
>unoriginal

Can someone explain the appeal to me?

People who see her as a simple gal who just does her thing.

Keep in mind that for many what she does is still considered pretty advanced compared to other music. Some just look for reasons to be pretentious and like something weird, quirky or youngster branded

>what she does is still considered pretty advanced compared to other music
i... i honestly hope no one feels that way

i see absolutely nothing wrong with this.

Welcome to capitalism, lads.The best way to allocate resources.

well that's what it is

the reason you're surprised is because at some point in your life you decided to go further into something and that something was music
most people are going deeper into other things simple as that

she appeals to kind and soft teenagers, adults reminiscing about the good young days, probably some mutards as well

again it doesn't boil down to rich people and invisible hands of the market or whatever you prefer, it's far more complex

i want to kiss clairo

fight me irl

>she appeals to kind and soft teenagers, adults reminiscing about the good young days, probably some mutards as well

neck yourself

>implying before capitalism parents have never tried to pave the way to success for their kids

gee, I wonder

because Lust For Life was great user, clairo has no long-term viability

if we stop giving her attention, and I mean full on stop cause she is backed by a fuckton of money, she will release a sex tape and we can watch her fat ass bounce

just take a look at who follows her on social and you'll understand what I mean

he's a true American any way you slice it

she does the twee bedroom indie girl thing. it's nothing new.

what is a bit of a novelty is that she makes use of the internet age. like, she's a millenial making nostalgic youtube videos and viral marketing, that shit. it hardly provides a texture to her music or something to rely on tho.

then music media eats it up and regurgitates it for us in the form of Clairo Is The Bedroom Pop Artist We Have All Been Waiting For And That Is A Good Thing. expect to find purple prose in the reads as well, with stuff like "It’s an endearing rejection of Instagram flawlessness, a zits-and-all testament to the enduring power of simply being yourself" (that's p4k's words, it's full of empty shit like that). with these artists, the key is how can you embellish their music via nonsense.

it's nothing new, she inscribes herself in a niche with decades of life. Beat Happening were pioneers at twee for doing the "painfully earnest" amateur pop thing in the 80s, and that was fresh then and had its meaning, but what's the use of it now? if we applaud all the Clairos for being "true to themselves" we are setting the bar too low and having no standards whatsoever.

it all feels very calculated from both parts, her aping the twee aesthetic and pk4-like sites selling it. doesn't help that people noticed her dad being a big name in a label trying to push her, which shots down the "self-made" indie girl...

honestly i can't help but being cynical, but it's what seems more reasonable.

She aight

yeah just that now it is done in a fair way. Instead of exclusively bloodline now everyone has a chance for success, and of course, a way to ensure that your children don't have shitty lives. What is wrong about that?

Wouldn't you want to ensure your kids wouldn't have to worry about money if you could?

>yeah just that now it is done in a fair way
Lol

that's exactly what I'm talking about

I thought that the poster implied that it's capitalism to blame

name me what are your skills and I'll tell you how you can make a bank on them even not being a silver spoon

I like em thick tho

Im getting a bachelors of science in geology and going to be a mudlogger. But good luck making 1 million dollars trump jr

I'm assuming average looking teen guys that are narcissists and deem themselves special for no reason, just like her?

>clairo has no long-term viability
yeah, this

remember that other thot, the kitty pride girl that made 2awwkward >_< 4u rap? novelty wears thin, luckily

they'll jump on the next Clairo once this one is done. t

he only shot she could have at staying fresh is either:
a) changing her brand to become bigger, landing feats, better production values, getting into radio, etc.
b) the rules of the game changing in a way in which this is the norm so she keeps being relevant

i don't think she has a) in her and b) will never happen; these are footnotes in the history of pop, not something that will shape it

she a lesbo

idk seek investors for your geo research agency, do audits, try to create a contractors hub/etc.

yep, those fit as well

i can't believe you took the time to think and write that down

any artist that relies on a specific of a certain age has no long term viability and that's true

but don't forget that people still listen to Bieber lmao

Go to bed mutt

it's her mexican side taking control. she'll be a 300 pound blimp in no time.

She's half Mexican?

kitty pryde was run out because she was stealing from producers and not paying them

dude depression the internet LOOOOOOOOL im so quirky haha xD RaWR AND i LOvE cOMIC SANs!!!!!!!!! XD

aestheticcc!!!!!! XD

She's gay?
DDDDDDRROOOOPPPPPPPEEEDDDD

Nepotism is a great disease. The killer of men.

Can someone please tell me who this is any why Sup Forums cares about her?

I dont know how you cunts keep on talking about her. No matter how much she keeps on getting pushed, shes a one trick pony. People will forget about her.

after someone turns 10 or 11 everything they say is a lie from then on
so if you want honesty, hang out with little kids

youtu.be/-8JiA4mdVAQ

Shes hot

Her entire image is so cynical and disengenuous. I wonder if she realizes this, or is painfully unaware. Seriously pisses me off when attractive girls call themselves ugly because they didn't wash their hair for two days and have a single zit. Like fuck off. She's a knock off Frankie Cosmos, and even though Frankie Cosmos is probably an industry plant too at least she is good. Honestly think clairo marks the death of bedroom pop not that that means much.

shes literally le random dead pan girl XD incarnate down to the bags under her eyes and shitty clothes

LSD makes you realize your ego is an illusion she's just a projection of anima energy

lol fuck off

fuck clairo

Fuck you

lol

prime meme

Clairo is ass

shit taste

she has way more talent than chvrches

Can we all stop the clairo is a 5/10 meme. She's clearly a solid eight.

To anyone who doesn't want to take word for it:
adage.com/article/agency-news/converse-cmo-geoff-cottrill-joins-mullenlowe-boston/303484/
digiday.com/marketing/mullenlowes-geoff-cottrill-brands-screw-music-marketing/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoff_Cottrill

>system has to work for everyone to be good
wrong

Please see:

>I do not think this discredits her art
What art, if she's a cash-cow for her father and the music industry? You even acknowledged that. Or do you honestly believe she is making pop music for the sake of it, but didn't really want to just as Scott Walker?

She’ll be OK. She drinks diet coke.

Chvrches is trash too so what does that prove?

she looks like she fucks black guys

what a sad person you are

some1 tell her a few things
1. hit the weights
2. fuck you