New Girl

Man this show got bad
I remember liking the first season and caught a few newer episodes at its just awful

Can we bump our own threads again? I don't remember

It bothers the shit out of me how there are no real men on tv, they're all these effeminate faggots who might just as well be complete homos. This show is just as guilty of it.

Forgot about it for a year or two but caught up recently and it's still pretty stellar. Dynamic's changed a lot, way less Jess and more Winston/ Schmidt/ Cece since they gave up on Nick/ Jess. But I always preferred them anyway, fucking love Simone and never got the Deschanel hype.
Also Jake Johnson's reliably great and Nasim Pedrad's a semi-regular now. Creator's an insufferably clueless wannabe politico on Twitter, but it's easy to ignore. 1 of few network sitcoms that hasn't gone to shit, along with Brooklyn 99

they changed the dynamic of the show several times

they made it only worse

>that Shillary episode

Fuuuck, they did 1? Haven't started this season yet.
Is it 1. Worth a watch to laugh at smug cluelessness, 2. Just a subplot, or 3. One of those sad "Talented-cast-and-crew-go-all-in-on-a-shitty-message-for-20-mins"?

Schmitt saying 'Paul Ryan 2020' made me Rofl tho

But yeah the show is basically trash now

It's so fucking obvious they're just dragging out the jess and nick relationship for as long as they can

The first half of season one was watchable. But yeah, it's gash.

Yah it has gotten worse I still stream it on the background whilst doing other stuff tho.

Too bad Coach is gone.

This is correct.

Mix of one and three. Episode opens with Jess and CeCe shouting "Let's get ready to Rodham!", which is very silly/dumb way to send the episode straight to OH FUCK HERE WE GO territory. Jess and CeCe spend the whole episode praising Hillary nonstop, they literally work for the campaign and go out to register young female voters. Schmidt, meanwhile, the show's conservative character, is written to be pure establishment Republican who refuses to vote for Trump but when he visits the Hillary office he is frustrated by their disorganization so out of OCD he works for the Clinton campaign too. Anyway, Jess and CeCe discover the sorority they convinced into going to register is pro-Trump so they then trick them into not registering, which is a pretty shameless/disgusting message but par for the course for the "tolerant left". The episode ends with Jess doing an absolutely abysmal Trump impression in full-costume.

Schmitt is the only still semi funny character
Winston is meh and Nick lost all of his magic

god that sound really bad

Christ, couldn't even have 1 dissenting character who's always been conservative not shilling. Establishment idiots deserved the land they got.
Not going to lie, I've been looking forward to this season, so may have to take this one out of context and watch it with that godawful Broad City HRC shitshow, then start the season proper and skip it. Next best thing to seeing Colbert eat shit on live TV on election night

That's weird because the first part of season 1 is pretty terrible

and then it gets good and then they fucked up the jess and nick thing. and then they made Schmidt a huge douchebag.

and then it recovered nicely

it's pretty comfy as long as you don't pay too much attention to it

I don't think it's any worse now. it just goes through waves of great and shitty and most everything in between is decent

Come to think of it, Schmidt and Nick would be textbook Trump voters. Winston's a cop and Coach was big in macho culture so they're maybes, but rich conservative capitalist Schmidt and government hating conspiracy theorist Nick are a lock. Jess is the only one who'd be a definite Clintonite in character, and old Cece before the character grew out of "Ethnic sass queen" stereotypes

Yeah Jess being a Shill for Hill would be a given
Its just the episode was just so...unfunny
It wasn't fun, cute, or amusing at all

That was what irked this election. Writers/ musicians/ directors sacrificing the quality of their art because "the message is what's important"? Fuck your message. You want to be a politician, run for office. You want to write a sitcom for your views, make it fucking funny. Until you quit writing and go into politics, that's still your job. You don't see the kid in Subway saying "Sorry your sandwich's inedible, but getting my political ideals across to you was more important"

10 min in. 2 laughs so far, Winston's sex closet and "If my younger self could see me now- She'd be pretty impressed with how your knockers came in, though"
So far this shilling isn't the worst, but no one would mistake this for a normal episode. Jess bordering on her most insufferable

Cece's "Yasiin MaBewbs?", Schmidt's "Celery Flintstone", that bizarre James Baldwin shout out. Also they're marching a pack of hot sorority girls to the campaign centre, this looks like the most shameless "See fellas? All the hot young things love this left wing liberalism" bollocks since Neighbours 2 tried to sell a feminist fridge as a sexy funny ingenue

comfiest show of all time?

DUDE KOOKINESS & MASCARA LMAO

Bleak. Bleak, bleak stuff. Cute Cece/ Schmidt stuff at the end, Nick and Schmidt were reliably good. But fuck me sideways, election eps are a cancer

I should really check myself...

But early when they did flashbacks of young Jess and Cece, wasn't Jess a fat dorky kid?
And in later season with flash backs she isn't fat anymore

Or am I getting that mixed up with Monica from Friends being fat when young?