Why did it go so wrong, I used to love this guy

now I can't even watch his show for more than five minutes without turning it off. The Late Show should be renamed the "The OCD Trump bashing hour". It wouldn't be so bad if it was funny. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so one sided. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't such obvious shilling. Sad.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zAcOn2RlZNk
observer.com/2016/07/wikileaks-proves-primary-was-rigged-dnc-undermined-democracy/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's pretty simple user

A. You grew out of social liberalism to some extent

B. He's not playing his character anymore, he's just himself

Nah, I used to love the daily show too. I can't stand that either now.
John was pretty one sided, but he'd at least call out the dems on their bullshit when it got really fucking obvious.

>"When I was younger, living in Chicago, the one thing I never denied myself is books."
>"That's really pretentious"

Even without the Trump bashing, he just comes off as a really strange man. He pulls similar stunts that he used to do under the guise of a character and without the character it comes off as weird.

In today's political climate, you hate to aim towards the extremes of oversensitive SJW libcuck and edgy altright neonazi. If you critique both sides or are a centrist, you make yourself enemies to both sides and are hated by all.

Well the Dems really stepped up their conspiring and propaganda game in the past 12 months, it's not surprising that you see through it.

This faggot is incapable of making jokes about anything without bringing DUDE FUCK WHITE PEOPLE LMAO into it:

youtube.com/watch?v=zAcOn2RlZNk

That's bullshit, the centrist market is the biggest ignored demographic right now.

It turned out he was everything he was making fun of, just for the other side.

He had the only original late show and he gave it up to be like all the others. His Colbert Show character let him get around all the normal host ass kissing and let him do something different.

I feel the same way, OP. I always used to wish he was more popular and could see more of him... well, be careful what you wish for.

>Why did it go so wrong, I used to love this guy...

You were a cuck now you are not

He's the same liberal he's always been

checked and verified

Burr nails how to be a centrist

Attack em all and let the cry babies who got their feelings hurt fuck off to a safe space, whether on one side or the other

He just makes your butthole hurt because you're obsessed with your god emperor Trump.

You have the same

T H I N

O R A N G E

S K I N

as him and you can't stop yourself from being triggered and bitching like a woman.

Maybe it's just me, but it never seems like Colbert is having fun. On the Report, he always seemed excited and now he just seems stressed all the time. I think doing his type of humor for a full hour 5 nights a week is just way too much.

checked and verified

Exactly.

Being a liberal 10 years ago meant radically different things than being a liberal today means. I've always leaned right, but I loved Jon Stewart's takedown of Crossfire and Jim Cramer and I felt like he ended up ultimately being right on Iraq.

But shit like that white privilege debate with Bill O'Reilly? That was fucking painful, and it's only gotten worse since then.

Colbert is more obsessed with Trump than the average Trump supporter.

I have no problem with him mashing on Trump. I have a problem with him ONLY mashing on Trump.
It's like hearing the same joke 5000x in a row. It might be funny the first couple of times, after that it loses it's power.

He was never funny, he only got famous because of his white privilege. He needs to step down and let a less privileged less white comedian take his place.

SHITLORDS BTFO

THEY CAN'T EVEN FEEL HIS GENUINE GOODNESS HAHA YOU FUCKING LOSERS

He's always been anti-racist, anti-white, and anti-states rights

Thats 3 hallmarks of Extreme liberalism

>I have a problem with him ONLY mashing on Trump.

It's not Stephen's fault Trump is so topical that nearly every day he does something that can be mocked.

Bush and the Neo cons are evil and must be stopped
McCain and the Tea party are evil and must be stopped
Romney and the One percent are evil and must be topped.
Trump and the Alt Right are evil and must be stopped.

If you have been doing the same schtick for as long as he has it gets old.

did he make fun of hilary/DNC for rigging the primaries against bern?

nope

propoganda

He should never have left Comedy networks. Doing this late show is doing him no favours. His new hours are way past the bed times of his old demographic so he none of his old 'fans' are watching; and without the character there is literally no draw anymore.

>anti-states rights

I really don't see why the fuck state's needs separate rights. They are not countries.

check the dates on the emails. what you consider "rigging" started after clinton got the majority of delegates and it was a done deal.

Burr married a nigger though

It's the idea that the feds should do less and the states should do more when it comes to gov decisions. And yes, they technically are fully functioning states of their own complete with governments and armies.

He was always distorting reality for liberal viewers. Now that he's shilling for BLM, extreme feminists, and Hillary it becomes really obvious.

>a Muslims murders 50 gay dudes
>Trump says radical Islam is a problem
>this is Colbert's response
Seriously, why the fuck do leftists love this religion so fucking much?

O.k. sure I guess. Is he even capable of going one show without mentioning Trump once? Does he have the comedic chops to pull that off? Could he do it in front of an audience that isn't 95% dem? I don't think so.

>Over the past several weeks, Guccifer 2.0 released several internal memos showing DNC staff strategizing to make Clinton the presidential nominee—as early as March 2015. In June 2016, Florida-based law firm, Beck & Lee, filed a class action lawsuit against Wasserman Schultz and the DNC based on the revelations from these leaked files.

observer.com/2016/07/wikileaks-proves-primary-was-rigged-dnc-undermined-democracy/

Still denying that they were stacking things against Bernie which is what people are angry about?

Don't even bother dude. The people who deny this at this point are either shills or in fucking la la land, either way not worth time or effort.

Jerry is a hero for this exchange

it's too bad it didn't make a lasting impression on colbert, he could have used it

He also has an annoying tendency to talk over his guest now. At least when he was in character he'd give them a moment to speak while he thought out how he wanted his character to respond.

>dat moment when Stephen is quoting Semen Stains the Mountaintops and Jerry is cringing so hard he sticks his face in his napkin and pretends to cry

It's a good illustration of the cultural divide between stand-up and improv/sketch comedians.

The issue is that his Colbert Report persona of a bumbling neocon fool was likeable and endearing. But after he dropped the persona, we were left with a smug smarmy asshole.

im an improv and i am in seinfelds corner. id do stand up but it's less lucrative in australia. all the jobs in comedy goto improv people, for the most part. very few stand ups make it, i think jim jeffries is the only exception for this generation compared to all the improvs who get jobs as writers/actors/radio hosts/presenters/jouranlists.

Ausfags don't do comedy. They just shitpost IRL

You became a triggered Trumpcuck. No other answer is necessary.

What I find amazing is how you can show this objective evidence to people, and they immediately switch tactics are start talking about the *source* of these leaks. As if the the baseless hypothetical situation of russian hackers changes anything about the content of the emails themselves.

>The Late Show should be renamed the "The OCD Trump bashing hour"

There's making jokes and then there's being lazy. It's like every late night show turns any joke they can into a Trump joke and it stopped being funny after the first week.

You liked him when he was pretending to be someone that was awesome.

Now he's himself, and that turns out to be just another run-of-the-mill liberal douche nugget that thinks the world runs of good feelings and fairy dust.

they give us beer and sandwiches for saying things that make their dopamine tingles

>mfw people jeer old boomers for getting their news from Fox while at the same time unironically getting their own news from the daily show, colbert, and john oliver.

Comedy news is fucking cancer. They get to ride this bullshit duality where they can claim they're news or comedy, depending on what's convenient. Normally, they get to pass off their shit as actual news, and people eat it up. And then when they're called out for taking things out of context, editing interviews, or completely fabricating things out of thin air, they just conveniently fall back on "well it's JUST a comedy program, not actual news!" They know damn well what they're doing.

Of course, at this point, the "real" news isn't much better. Just without the facade of comedy.

>Being a liberal 10 years ago meant radically different things than being a liberal today means.

I know liberalism naturally changes over time but it's so weird seeing libs of the 2000s do a total 180. Back then, they sought for isolationist policies because they hated war mongering Bush and now they hate isolationist policies and love war mongering Hillary.

It's so sad how people will base their beliefs based on a color.

That shit with Andrew Garfield was so transparent
>dude i'm a married catholic with children
>dude i kissed another man
>dude how cool and brave am i right now
>bigots BTFO!

>you have the same
>THIN
>ORANGE
>SKIN

triggered much, user?

>liberals love Hillary

She's had the lowest favorability rating of any Democrat in recorded history. What the fuck are you talking about?

Such a shame that being a decent person doesn't always make for good comedy.

You're close to the answer but you just missed it. His ratings are low because his old demographic are those who primarily hate network television and are usually apathetic to politics unless it's highly praised by social media and traditional media.

Does that trigger you? Maybe you should go hide in your safe space and cry about it some more. Faget.

you became edgy

Does reddit acknowledge how faggoty he is now? I hate SJWs and I hate Trump. Hate Colbert now. He shouldn't have gotten off Comedy Central.

>they just conveniently fall back on "well it's JUST a comedy program, not actual news!" They know damn well what they're doing.

This fucking triggers me. I'll see people on my FB feed use this line despite posting John Oliver segments with comments like "America needs to watch this and wake up"

>A. You grew out of social liberalism to some extent
More like Liberals started acting like the religious fundamentalists I've always hated

The problem with both shows is that Stewart, some of his writers, and his best correspondents all left. Stewart was the producer of Colbert's show too

Turns out that Colbert isn't that good when he isn't playing the neocon satirical character (which was first created when Colbert was still working on the Daily Show).

>implying that isn't the ultimate centrist move

Nazis hate him for being a race traitor and cucks hate him for COLONIZING

She had the lowest favorability ratings among the general populace, you mean.

Among hardcore modern liberals (that is to say, neoliberal globalists) she was everything they wanted.

>Does reddit acknowledge how faggoty he is now?

Numales of reddit wouldnt see that in him nor themselves

States' rights enabled them to legalize gay marriage and a recreational marijuana industry without the federal government's approval. They also have the ability (within limits) to deny the construction of certain inter-state projects, like oil pipelines, in their constituents' interests (however misled you or I or anyone may feel those interests to be). And this doesn't just occur on what we consider to be the "left" of the political spectrum. It's very important for states to have some degree of sovereignty.

liberal policies don't make much sense to you because you're trying to rationalize them from the reasons they themselves give for having those views. The reasons they give for their views are complete bullshit and absolutely contradictory.

It all makes sense, however, when you realize that they simply take whatever position is against whites/males/christians/traditionalists/etc. That's really all there is to it.

No but he did make fun of "Berniebros" for being sexist.

That's because she's a centrist in a democrat pantsuit.

The entire liberal/dem demographic is completely different than even ten years ago. Now, if you're not an SJW, you're not a democrat and thus, the enemy.

its merely a group following its leader

the ideas you had haven't changed much, its just that the leadership of the dems are pushing a different agenda than what you want.

>mfw right wingers have forgotten that this is exactly what Fox "News" did, in court, while being sued for lying in their "news" show

It's a good thing because it allows different states to experiment with different laws. All states can learn from the success and failures of the experiments.

If you have one blanket law for all, whatever fucks up fucks up everyone. Whatever's good is good too sure, but a fuck up on a national level is more detrimental than a positive on a national level.

States rights are awesome, don't ever get cucked into letting all rights get given to one federation.

A lot of people don't have their own ideas, they just follow the leader and platform.

>whataboutism

Was letterman this bad? I thought he stuck to mostly humour, was that just blind youth?
He did bash bush but everyone was doing that.

Seth meyers is even worse than Colbert. They present so authoratively when really they're shouting dnc propaganda

THIS
Stewart is the real reason Colbert was good, and now that he retired, its obvious who was the genius. I used to love Colbert, but he really pushes hsi smug liberal bullshit way too hard.

And Im a fucking liberal, saying that.

pic related

> And Im a fucking liberal
nothing to be proud of

Not to mention that the cultural diversity some people seem to worship would gradually be eroded by one-size-fits-all federal policies. But I guess some people wouldn't care as long as those policies are in line with their own ideologies.

Letterman has a dgaf attitude. He like all comedians made political jokes, and certainly made more fun of DuMb BuSh than ? Obama, but nowhere near the level of Colbert.

Colbert seems like he thinks he has some duty to influence politics. Letterman just read jokes about people and then said who gives a shit anyway

You completely missed the point. It's hypocritical to dismiss Fox News as a news source while at the same time getting your news from the fucking Daily Show.

Letterman did a decent job of skirting politics most of the time. You could easily tell when he disliked or disagreed with someone, but he usually avoided getting into overtly political discussions.

The older generation of talk show hosts like Letterman and Carson always made an effort not to get political. They might make fun of politicians, but they always remained neutral and didn't let their own opinions get in the way.

(You)

I don't buy it. The Daily Show and the Colbert Report did just fine for 8 years of Obama.

Definitely not wrong; most of those people don't even have TV anymore. What the fuck was he thinking; was the pay bump that much?

>Be in Pol101
>Tasked to discuss States rights versus Federalism
>Girl says Federalism is the best because they can set benchmarks for services
>I ask her how she knows the Federal government would provide services better than the best states services
>tfw no face

She just shut up, she didn't answer or engage. I hope I red pilled her but in reality she probably got mad as fuck that I "proved her wrong" and took it personally and had a cry later that night.

>I say Trump and Hillary are fucking bad
>mfw my dad who is a Hillary supporter who goes out of his way to say she ain't corrupt at all calls me blacknwhite

I noticed they replaced all the supporting cast of the Daily Show too and it's awful. Bee, Oliver, Mandvi, and even Wilmore were fine in their own way and played a big part in the show, but Williams, Kleper, and generic latino man whose name I can't remember are just bad.

Redpill?

Ok, here's a few.

Only 1.8% of any Americans owned any slaves. The RICH 1.8%. And this was when slavery was at its peak.

>1.8%

3000 free RICH black men owned black slaves in 1860

>3000 black slave owners in 1860

The FIRST owner of a black slave in the colonies was a black man who brought his slave with him. The slave thought he'd be free on American soil but his owner challenged it in court. And won, setting legal precedent.

>First owner of a black slave in America, was black

Slavery was how many African nations got wealthy. But they got greedy and started kidnapping and enslaving white Europeans. Several million white Europeans were enslaved in North AFrica between 1300-1850. So Europe made slavery illegal so that they could force Africa to stop enslaving white people. Africa told them to fuck off. So Europe went to war with them, and to free the white slaves (First Barbary war). Africa was soon at it again, so boom, the 2nd Barbary war had to happen, only this time, Europe stayed put in Africa to keep slavery from happening again. France took control of the Algerian coast (start of French Foreign Legion) and this started colonialism.

Because AFRICA REFUSED TO STOP ITS SLAVE TRADE

Jews and Dutch traded the slave trade triangle>slaves>sugar>rum. Jews owned the ships. Africans captured other Africans, then sold them to the traders who showed up in the Gulf of Benin. This is how so many rich African kings and princes got so rich.

Of course, user. It's fine as long as they do it. Their laws should be national laws, the people who don't want it be damned.

Hell, look at all the bullshit around Trump being elected. "not my president".

I'm anti-Trump, but fuck that. They're the same shits who'd be on the opposite if Trump supporters lost. They're the same fucking idiots who complained about Bernie losing.

Russia may have fucked with the election. So what? Everyone with two brain cells knew they were doing it. They still sat on their ass on election day and didn't vote. Now they're bitching.

Fuck'em. I hope Trump takes all their shit away and maybe they'll learn their lesson.

Almost as bad as my story, my grandpa actually said Trump's chauvinism is worse than the deaths Hillary is responsible for.

>hillary
>centrist

KEK, oh you sweet summer child. Still believing in the false dichotomy of generic left vs right. She's not a centrist. She's an extreme globalist shill.

>constantly bitching about SJWs being "triggered"
>getting triggered by late night talk show hosts

>n extreme globalist shill.

That's centrist retard.

>mfw getting BLACKED is a power play

putting petty politics aside, i don't think this guy was ever funny
neither was jon

it thinks its actually only because of poltics that they got praise they did. if they weren't political i doubt anyone would think much of them, but people loved the shows because it hit that endorphine part of therr brain when one of them said something very minimally clever mixed in with a dig at the republishits and led to a cheer and an "IM AWESOME!" rush

if they focused on any other topic people would have seen that they don't have much comedic talent

but they were blinded by political tribalism

not to say they each didnt have some charisma. they both had a sort of hosting charm, which is much more than you could say of trevor noah and certainly larry wilmore

I obviously didn't miss the point, as I was showing that both sides of the political spectrum do the exact same thing. But I think that you missed my point.

>mfw my parents and grandparents aren't shit-tier liberal cuckolds
>mfw my grandfather was redpilled as fuck and was the one to tell me about the federal reserve and the frankfurt school

RIP grandpa