Copa America should include NA, dissolve gold cup

There is literally no reason for CONCASHIT tournaments. We should get rid of them and merge with Copa America. The extra USA and Mexico market money + better teams is a no brain move. Of course we should be megajews and keep concacaf for world cup qualifier slots.

There is no reason not to do this move. South America will make more money off the tournament and gold cup is a joke anyway. USA and Mexico will barely ever win the tournament too so it won't hurt south americans.

CHI

South American directors are afraid business will change and they would lose privileges. Also, with the USA comes a new attitude.

but I would like the merger.

Why would they be scared? USA and Mexico are free money for you and better than shitters like Venezuela, Bolivia and Ecuador.

It'll never happen because it means USA and Mexico would lose their free pass to the World Cup.

There's nothing CONMEBOL clubs or national teams have to gain from this.

>money
increasing the probability of some mexican club snatching players from colombia, ecuador, chile, etc., is not good for anyone but Mexico.

futhermore, the money is in the knock-out stages, and there can essently only be 16 teams in it. Having more Mexican and MLS teams increases the likelyhood of mid-tier clubs from South America making it to the ro16, which means decreasing both the revenue and visibility of those clubs. Every time conmebol talks about inviting teams from other confederations I want them to get shot in the face, fuck off.

*decreases

Your continent is stagnating. Your clubs are a bigger joke now than they ever were. If you want to keep Conmebol competitive, you need to invite and develop Concacaf so that the competition increases and prepares both sides for winning world cups (which Conmebol hasnt won in 15 going on to 16 years)

Lowering the overall qualitity of a confederation won't help it become more competitive. UEFA isn't even competitive so the draught has absolutely nothing to do with that and a lot to do with over a decade with being managed by the likes of Scolari, Parreira and Dunga.

>UEFA isnt competitive
>won the last 3 world cups
Are you delusional?

Besides friendlies the big teams only play each other once every two years at best, the rest of the time it's them stomping micro-nations, competition seems to be a non-factor, if the players are good, the manager is good and they have chemistry built in clubs the rest is merely detail.

But why would you want that? You get a free pass to the world cup every time. The USA wouldn't be able to compete with Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Uruguay and Paraguay.

The Spanish league isn't competitive and it still is successful.

>why would they be scared?
because every football top dog who speaks spanish or portuguese are literally criminals

Murricans, you have to know football, special in best america dislike your sports is not ALL about money.

who gives a fuck lol
if it kills the sport then whatever we tried to change it up
if it doesn't then we can give it a go every 4 years and it helps us determine where we're at

>Liga MX doesn't want to abide by silly CONMEBOL rules
>CONMEBOL does nothing to offer them a better deal
>Liga MX fucks off from Libertadores
>"coincidentally" your leagues begin rapidly decaying and quality and exposure of the competition continues to worsen
really makes you think

This should happen, because shitposting with Sudacas and their weird Simpsons images during the Copa was great

Yuros will never know this feeling, and they are SEETHING.

>There is literally no reason for CONCASHIT tournaments.

CONCACAF makes a lot of money off them, that's why they have them every couple of years

It's also why they have the Gold Cup in the USA literally every single time.

Gotta play for that money

What are those godawful autistic names?

reading this thread i realise that muricans are just like mexicans. they think skill can be bought... pathetic.

How many cups have you won in the 21st century, Silvertina?

they are literal mexicans
don't let the flag fool you

>they think skill can be bought... pathetic.
Sure am glad that Neymar didn't sell himself to those dirty towelheads for millions of euros...oh wait

Hello, nidos.

both sudacas and concashitters are afraid, and money

Would be fun to play against Mlels and Liga MX teams in Libertadores. The trips would be hard tho.

No thank you.

Travel distances are too big for qualifiers and we'd probably end up killing USA fans if they come here, pain in the ass.

copa de caca

I'd love to see México in Copa América, but not amerilards and canacucks

The supporters thing would be a problem, they are not used to stadium violence. Also it would be a pain in the ass to get a visa everytime the teams played there.

>Your continent is stagnating
m8 the quality of the NT are increasing as fuck. Also
>conCACAf

Yeah, but dumb gringos will think it belongs to their country.

fuck the US

i don't want central americans coming here

Venezuelans and Colombia are essentially just like central americans.

and they won't stop coming

Why doesn't North America/South America just have one united Champions' League, as Europe does?

CONCACAF and CONMEBOL have their respective cups already

Yeah, unite them. Rather than the convoluted and confusing system currently in place with the Libertadores/Sudamerica

we should make a joined copa america and also the qualies.
two tournaments in one country, each every two years.

World Cup 2018
Copa America 2019
WC Qualy Tournament 2021
World Cup 2022

I think the mayor problem is geography

I mean, a small paraguayan team with a good local league run can qualify to the hipotetically 'Americas CL', but it will get round up with some canadian team in the pre-qualifiers... calculate the distance they will have to travel just foe qualify to the group stage

Group in which you can end up with a memexican, a colombian and an Mlel team... just imagine the logistics of all that

but muh Club World Cup system.
On a more serious note, it will probably never happen. CONCACAF already makes it hard enough to invite their teams to the Copa America (sending U23 teams, except for 2016), I can't imagine that they'd want to merge the club football competitions.

because that's a completely retarded idea, the distance between Toronto and Montevideo is bigger than the distance between Berlin and Shanghai.

I hear that you have plenty of haitians goin there as well, is it true? They were invading our country, but due to the Economic crisis they stopped, thanks God for that, he know he have plenty of poorfucks already.

Would be cool if the champion of Libertadores and the champion of whatever the NA championship is played against each other.

>muh money shit
I bet you support the WC with 48 teams, adding more shitty teams in a good tour is a terrible idea
>makes the tournament worse
>add chances for shitty underdogs winning
>crappy teams will play muderball against the strongest even if they lose; the winning team will only pick injuries
>gives some conmebol votes to literally who countries, FIFA proved that it is a terrible idea
>big countries won't improve their teams, they'll only make the likes of honduras stronger
>even if you are a meh country here (like >us) it's better to lose or tie vs. argentina than winning against nicaragua, and for argentina or brazil is also better playing against us, chile or paraguay cause >we actually can provide a challenge

tbf in the last world cup we had six teams and we did fairly well
>only 1 team out in group phase (cause that last goal min of switzerland)
>3 teams were eliminated vs another conmebol team; uruguay, chile and colombia
>the other 2 were eliminated against the world champion

Gold Cup/Copa America and World Cup Qualifiers are completely different tournaments you fuck boi

he was already good when was playing in mud.

dumb bitch.

still. we have a decent league expending half a half of yours or mexican budget.

there used to exist the Copa Interamericana, but brazilian teams often refused to play.
>you now remember Vasco losing to DC United

That was the Sudamericana iirc.

This.

CONMEBOL had two teams on the semis and Brazil made its way to 7-1 by playing two CONMEBOL teams. If Netherlands did its job properly (or Brazil didn't get rekt), we could have two CONMEBOL teams facing each other.

And I personally think that our qualifiers are the best one of all.

They ARE mexicans

I thought they decided everyother gold cup would be hosted in the USA or some shit
close enough.

>Or brazil didn't get rekt
>If, but, maybe...!
What a loser. You had no chance even if thiago silva wasn't suspended.

Hey latinos, I've heard rumors some months ago about CONMEBOL wanting to invite Spain, Portugal, Italy and France (?) to Copa America, is this true? And if it is, how possible is that to happen?

they invited Spain once, but Spain didn't accepted

What's so confusing about Libertadores/Sudamerica?

We usually invite a couple of countries to play because we only have ten teams and we need a few more to make groups of 4. México and Japan are regulars but sometimes they are not available/don't want to play.

Aaand, getting a good team can raise the attendance in the venues.