Why do Americans hate New York so much? It seems like a brilliant city

Why do Americans hate New York so much? It seems like a brilliant city.

Too many jews there.

New york seems like a city nice to visit but shitty to live in.

Why do Brits always say brilliant

>all these huge billboards
disgusting

Because it is useful for expressing what we mean when we think something is brilliant.

Way too big, clustered, compacted. Wouldnt want to live there, hard to vacation there.

I don't think about New York at all t.bh I have noticed that they seem to be buttblasted at Chicago though

Only fly-overa hate New York.

Its not brilliant at all. And lower manhattan makes up maybe 15-20% of NyC. The rest of it is dangerous impoverished overpriced dogshit. NyC culture is muh pizza, corruption, and schizophrenics

Little character like Boston or Philly
t. New York

I don't hate New York and neither do most people, even if New Yorkers are assholes. people hate California and Los Angeles.

> NyC culture is muh pizza, corruption, and schizophrenics
Don't forget muh fashion, muh artsiness, muh cosmopolitanism. Although that's just the white upper class. I feel like they always tried to be like Paris.

Horrible traffic
Horrible people
Horribly cramped
Horrible subway
Horribly overpriced
Horrible smell

Now that I'm done ranting, the attractions aren't bad, the old-style apartments are pretty aesthetic, and crime has gone way down as compared to past decades.

Thats all outsider persception. Urban fashion sure but high fashion comes from europe still. And the art scene is mostly roasties painting with their menstrual fluids

new york is totally different from paris

New Yorkers, mostly.

brilliant means shiny, bright, or intelligent. it's not a substitute for good, great, etc. learn to speak your own fucking language nigel

It's a great city but as said it would be shitty to live there plus the people are shit as well.
t. American living abroad

No it means something is brilliant, you knew what I meant when I used it in the op.

resentment of cities and rich areas is one of the few areas where the usa displays a culture of begrudgery, a lot of it is political.

Fuck off cunt

fucking means sexual intercourse, penis in vagina, or doing it, it's not something a language can partake in. Learn to speak your own language, Pedro.