Both trilogies are supposed to be deleted from existence but you can save one of them. Which one do you save?

Both trilogies are supposed to be deleted from existence but you can save one of them. Which one do you save?

>WHICH TRILOGY DO YOU SAVE FROM OBLIVION?
strawpoll.me/12109165

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NmL2vnNsNcg
youtube.com/watch?v=eo1uxc6ZgQg
youtube.com/watch?v=qvWv3uosN9E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Indiana Jones is kino

Star Wars is a cancer on our society and the world would be better off if it never existed

Pretty much this.

star wars is trash

indiana jones sums up evetything about being a human in the 21st century perfectly

Indy can go, the first one is great but the other two are meh.

plus its a Tintin ripoff anyway.

Voted indy

but if I could save 3 out of 6, I'd save Raiders, Crusade and Star Wars.

Star Wars OT can go.

The prequels are objectively superior and I'm not memeing. The story of Anakin is way, way better and the character and his fall is more interesting and relatable. Also, it builds a much better world and it's nice to see the republic before it was destroyed.

neck yourself

Indiana Jones. Duh. It's the best adventure, it's the best pulp and it's got some actual emotion in the third one.

Star Wars is just a pop culture giant brought to its current status because they made sure every kid had Star Wars toys. Plenty of Sci-Fi movies before and after(without being influenced by it directly) it is better, whereas Indy built upon its predecessors and still hasn't been surpassed, only ripped off.

meh fuck'em both
theres only one trilogy worth saving

So true!

Yes but no one would dream of deleting this from existence.

Nice results. If I get rid of the star wars trilogy does that mean I don't have to see star wars ever were every second? Or would the other movies be popular?

No Star Wars would mean no Legend of the Galactic Heroes, so I'll go with Indiana Jones. Though Indiana Jones is generally a better made trilogy (mostly because of Spielberg). It's easier to just sit down and marathon the Indy trilogy, if that makes any sense. Star Wars has more "baggage" and Return of the Jedi is much more flawed than The Last Crusade.

Fuck, I feel like rewatching Indiana Jones right now.

Third one was lame and you know it

ITT: Shitposters saying they hate Star Wars because "it's a mouseproduct now and Reddit likes it"

by "go with Indiana Jones" I mean save Star Wars and delete Indy, I misread the OP. But rest assured I'm conflicted on it.

If I was being objective the Indy movies are better in a lot of ways, but SW was so formative for me I have to save it.

Or Indy is the superior trilogy and the only thing that's stopping you from seeing it is the nostalgia geek boner you have over SW.

Indy never needed the geek cred and toys to get a following. Everyone liked it and still do.

I thought that for years, but last time I watched it I loved it. Watching all three in a row makes it better.

Star Wars if better

But i feel like i could watch the Indie trilogy more times

But they wouldn't exist if you deleted the OT
I only voted for Star Wars so that I wouldn't have to see normies celebrating every year over trash film

>so many votes for Star Wars

You disgust me, Sup Forums.

Reminder that Last Crusade is horribly underrated pure pulpkino

If Indiana Jones had become as popular you'd be disgusted over that too, nobody cares

But it hadn't. It hadn't been turned to shit and made into a cheap product name like Star Wars. Take your "if" and shove it up your ass.

>mfw people say it's the worst one
>mfw they even meme and say it's worse than Crystal Skull

Do people do this? christ

>tfw someone finally said it
This

fpbp

>It hadn't been turned to shit and made into a cheap product name like Star Wars

pic related

and don't be surprised when Disney reboots it in the near future

Star Wars objectively has more of a cultural impact than Indian Jones.

I'll be morbidly interested to see how they manage it, given it centres on one character played by a guy who comes dust and ghosts at this point. 'Young Indiana Jones'?

>one single film against everything Star Wars has done and become

wew

Literally how? It's undeniably the best one

>indiana jones sums up evetything about being a human in the 21st century perfectly
what did he mean by this?

But was it a GOOD cultural impact?

I'd argue no.

Come to think of it, for how monstrously overhyped and milked for cash SW became has it really had that much of a cultural impact beyond its own franchise? You'd think there would be a million direct rip-offs clogging everything up

>I'll be morbidly interested to see how they manage it, given it centres on one character played by a guy

Slight kek but Bond is an exception, the changing actors have been built into it for decades

Safety

I think it resulted in more sci-fi movies being made because companies always start chasing cash-cows. Some of those were shitty rip-offs that are rightfully forgotten.

I'd like to think that the actually good sci-fi movies would have been released without the Star Wars mania. The mania just made companies lower the bar and also gamble on shit movies just because they were similar to SW.

Indy's out since I have never watched a single one of the movies.

Spielberg said he won't recast Indy, but I promise you that if pic related (Spielberg's suggestion to Disney) is accepted as a young Han, he'll get the part of Indy too.

The shame of it is they could easily make any number of nice 20s-60s pulp-influenced adventure movies in the vein of Indy but they'll just keep bleeding the character dry with literally whos. Even if they want the name make it 'Indiana Jones Adventures' and have it be about his students following in his footsteps or something, without Ford nobody's going to care whether or not it's supposed to be Indy himself.

Is it bad that I think Last Crusade was objectively the best of the three?
>That father-son banter
>The tank scene
>That scene where he finds the whip
>A motherfucking Hitler cameo
>That beautiful ending of them riding into the sunset

It's not bad, no. Raiders is objectively better, but Last Crusade is really well done too.

There were plenty of ripoffs in the 80 and you can still see the star wars influence on modern block busters.

>accepted as a young Han, he'll get the part of Indy too.

I don't know that it's the best movie of the three, but I think it captures the WWII/Boys' Own Adventures etc atmosphere best of the three by far and every second of it looks beautiful

I'd like to see how cinema would be different if Star Wars was never made

Indy.
How's than even a question?

I love Star Wars, but Indiana Jones is objectively superior in its filmmaking and storytelling.

Currently rewatching Raiders.

>Indy is skeptical of magic
But wait a minute, Temple of Doom is a prequel to Raiders right? And that had
>Mola Ram ripping people's hearts out and lighting them on fire while they're still alive
>mystical glowing stones that burned after Indy said some magic words
>brainwashing potions
yet somehow the Ark of the Covenant is "hocus pocus".

BRAVO LUCAS

For how massive it is you'd expect every other movie to be 'Space Fights' 'Astro Battles' all the time though surely? At least in the wake of each new trilogy making such fat money.

>not knowing that telling a compelling story arc within a single movie is more important than autistic continuity

yep

I like them all equally maybe Last Crusade more because it has best girl.

Indiana Jones is really what got me into film making. There's was a point in my youth in which I had watched the Last Crusade so much I could recite it by heart. Star Wars is great, and Empire is one of my favourites, but nothing can top the impact Indy had on my life

It's like when people think the bible is bullshit but swallow up reincarnation, eastern "medicine" and various magic healing shit as a more rational or believable choice. He doesn't believe it because it's THE Ark of the Covenant, as opposed to some glowing rocks you find in odd parts of the world. It's too big. Too grand to be real.

Well it has been 40 years user but you can still see the influence in shit like transformers and pirates of the caribbean.

Fuck anyone who has a problem with Temple of Doom.

Raiders is the better adventure movie, but Crusade is the better movie, if that makes much sense. I might be biased considering Crusade is more nostalgic for me, but hey

I love it but it's the odd one out for me. Draws from a much different style to the other two.

>the prequels are objectively superior
youtube.com/watch?v=NmL2vnNsNcg
youtube.com/watch?v=eo1uxc6ZgQg
youtube.com/watch?v=qvWv3uosN9E

Nothing in the OT is as embarrassingly bad as those and they're representative of a lot of the entire films. It's ok if you just like the bright lasers smashing into things but don't say it's objective.

If I had to rate my preferences by which I'd rather watch it would go
Empire>Last Crusade>Raiders=Temple of Doom>Star Wars>Return
I think Star Wars has consumed too much of my life and this board but I defer the question and delete both of Peter Jackson's Tolkien trilogies.

>sums up evetything about being human in the 21st century perfectly
Punching nazis and having sex with hot women?

Only the first clip is bad.

She is a whore, though

>Draws from a much different style to the other two.
that's the point

Most of them are user.

Not a criticism, I love that movie like I said. My personal taste is just with the more 'Howard Carter in WWII' style than the 'Valley of Gwangi ' exotic H Rider Haggard stuff.

bump

Don't you have anything to contribute you fucking faggot?

>WHICH TRILOGY DO YOU SAVE FROM OBLIVION?

I only save indiana jones if its the trilogy. As in the 4th film gets erased from existence.

I would destroy it if it meant I could snag a cheap DMC-12.

A guy like 2 doors down from me has an old DeLorean. It doesn't run but he keeps it under a tarp in the driveway.
Used to play in it when I was a kid.

>has an old DeLorean. It doesn't run

Factory mint condition, huh?

Exactly this, I love the OT but the damage that it has caused to film is not worth it.

Well its been sitting in his driveway under a tarp for ~30 years.

Huh, pretty close.