89th Academy Awards

ITT: Nominee Predictions

Best Director:

>Damien Chazelle - La La Land
>Mel Gibson - Hacksaw Ridge
>Barry Jenkins - Moonlight
>Kenneth Lonergan - Manchester by the Sea
>Martin Scorsese - Silence

If La La Land wins anything big I'll kill myself.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pCKwtUXyU1k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no you wont

>Yfw Mel wins

>tfw straight man
>tfw love Broadway style musical films from the 30s, 40s, 50s and 60s
>tfw La La Land will sweep up the awards Les Miserables wished it had at the Oscars
>tfw can't wait to see it
>tfw Sup Forums will be perpetually butthurt that they can't complain about forced inclusion by SJWs
>tfw Sup Forums is so desperate to hate good cinema they have to invent a pathetic "dishonest filmmaking" meme

I do wish Silence would have gotten more attention. Was it released late enough in 2016 to qualify for the 2017 awards?

Best Picture:

Arrival
Fences
Hacksaw Ridge
Hell or High Water
La La Land
Manchester By the Sea
Moonlight
Silence

Moonlight or La La Land will win Director and Picture. Silence deserves to win (it's the only truly great movie this year and will probably win editing). Casey Affleck will win actor. The Lobster deserves to win best original screenplay.

La La Land isn't the best film of 2016 that is the issue. I think Silence was personally but, I suspect Moonlight will win.

>If La La Land wins anything big I'll kill myself
Why wait? Do it now.

There are slim chances for Scorsese. More for Gibson.

huh? La La Land is going to win pretty much all the big awards its nominated for. Except I dont think Ryan Gosling will win best actor

I am fairly certain that Manchester by the Sea will win Actor, Director and Picture. But Spotlight fucked up my predictions last year so I have no idea. And the past few years the academy doesn't seem to want to give more than two big awards to a single movie, as if spreading the winners out arbitrarily will make the show more enjoyable.
>Life of Pi winning director but Argo winning Picture
Gimme a fucking break.

Yeah. It kinda makes all the wins forgettable since no one is dominating.

Leave it to Sup Forums to think that Mel will win anything. Hacksaw was not very good.

SJW that trolls the greatest generation
>Why am I being persecuted for what I believe
>If you shoot a gun at a cardboard target we will leave you alone forever.
>I-I can't do that. I-It goes against my beliefs
Literally invents his own version of gender, whoops, I meant pacifism, and in the end everyone comes up one by one and apologizes to him for not being open minded enough.

Thanks Mel

Hershlag will win best actress.

Moonlight will win best picture, Chazzelle will win best director, Affleck will win best Actor, Portman will probably win best actress.

This will trigger Stonefags.

Will this winning over Tree of Life be remembered as the other historic Oscar mistakes?

The Artist > La La Land

damn you're dumb dude.

this is a charming and delightful movie while TOL is trying to hard to be deep, just pretty pictures with no coherent story

Explain to me how that is a dumb prediction.

>no coherent story
You can't be serious.... ToL is pretty straight forward.

Will Mel get applause when his name is called in the nominations?

Silence isn't gonna get nominated for shit, it's dead in the water. Which is a shame, because it's the best American movie of 2016.

It's really a two-way race between La La Land and Moonlight, with Fences, Manchester, and maybe Hidden Figures in acting categories and writing.

Not that straight-forward but not extremely convoluted. Sean Penn said it would have benefited from a more traditional approach, but I disagree. It was a masterpiece.

if he wins it over casey affleck i will be very surprised.

>Hidden Figures not in there

After the stink last year it will be in there regardless of merit. Also, if it doesn't win best picture it will sweep supporting cast and actor to make up for it to please social media.

They've played politics like this for a long time now.

Hacksaw will be wholly ignored. Hollywood forgave him. It doesn't mean they'll give him any rewards. Him being let back into the flock is in their mind reward enough. He'll never see another oscar in his life. He'll be lucky to get handout nominations.

>Affleck will win best actor

From what?

Fences will get Supp. Actress and Moonlight Supp. Actor. That's pretty much settled. Moonlight has strong chances for Picture, Director and Screenplay, but it's not the frontrunner.

BvS.
You're not very informed, huh

Casey, not Ben, for Manchester by the Sea.

Oh my bad. Is that movie any good?

It is pretty good, Affleck, Williams and the kid are all great. Overall a pretty depressing movie though, felt terrible for Affleck's character.

>>Mel Gibson - Hacksaw Ridge

People actually think a kikenamer will get a nomination

It's good. Affleck's performance was excellent, and he'll probably win, but I'm holding out hope for Denzel Washington in Fences.

it wasn't even close to the best movie and it should've been edited down by about 30 minutes
youtube.com/watch?v=pCKwtUXyU1k

He made it so long to really force the audience to think about what was happening. If he cut from one point of interest to the next, losing that half hour it would feel like every other scorsese movie.

Is La La Land going for the sweep then? Where does it rank among the last 10 years of BP winners?

there was no one point of interest to the next, it was just the same thing over and over again until the guy finally apostatizes because god said it's okay so there's not even ambiguity on whether he's still believer or not. he clearly is, and it flat out tells u at the very end that he still is for no reason when we already know. those last 20 minutes were some of the most unecessary

>tfw Sup Forums will be perpetually butthurt that they can't complain about forced inclusion by SJWs
this will never stop being hilarious

>tfw watching Arrival get snubbed this awards season

Casey Affleck was fucking boring, Manchester was a glorified soap drama, I hope Andrew Garfield wins desu

Shills, he had 2 good scenes. Most of the movie he was monotonous, his acting has no depth.

So will they get Mike Pence to hold a speech this year?

Best Animated Picture

>Nip time travel love story thing
>animals doing human things 1
>animals doing human things 2
>animals doing human things 3

will the nips take it?

None of the judges will have seen it so no.

i saw their copy when it was leaked online

they could've at least seen it too since it was sent to them

This will be affirmative action oscars.
Besides.
It's never been about actual quality product anyway.

It would help if he made a good movie for once.

>affirmative action oscars
if they had control over it we wouldn't have had the Oscars so white controversy 2 years in a row.

i think star wars will win 3 oscars

lol

>tfw my two favorite movies of the year, Hacksaw Ridge and Miles Ahead, will get nothing

>Moonlight will win best picture, Chazzelle will win best director

This

>Mel openly named the merchant
>Let back in

What does this mean?