The best part of the prequels

Was Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan one of the best casting choices of all time?

This guy was replacing a legendary, knighted actor in a role and was picked just because he could do an impression of the previous actors voice and had a passing resemblance to him, and knocked it out of the fucking part.

He was the only thing that actually came across as believable in countless scenes of ridiculous Lucas bullshit and a co-star that couldn't act his way out of a paper bag, all because of the sheer passion he brought to his role.

Bravo, Ewan.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7SqTR0DorSw
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I agree completely. He was boring in EP I, but he really did a good job in EP II and III.

The same can be said about Ian McDiarmid. Palpatine and Obi-Wan are both brilliantly played and steal the show and keep it all together. Without them the prequels would have sucked even more.

>the holotapes show him
*tries to hide smirk*
>killing younglings
*giggles a little behind hand*

apart from that scene he's alright but mcdiarmid and chriss lee were the best

nope he had nothing to work with so his performance was literally nothing, just like hayden's who is also a good actor you prequel apologist faggot. kill yourself

I like him in the Shakespeare work he did

>Hayden is a great actor
no, he's not. That's why Ewan McGregor and Natalie Portman still have work and he doesn't.

>hayden's who is also a good actor

HahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahaha

No actor could possibly give a convincing delivery of awful lines like "I don't like sand."

NOT ANAKIN!

Alright m8, you show me an actor who could play Anakin better the way Lucas wrote him in the prequels.

Go ahead.

Yeah, but have you seen shattered glass? Great script and he STILL sucks

You maybe could have made it work if they were on a beach and Anakin was playing with some sand and it had a more jocular delivery so it wouldn't come across like a shitty pick up line.

Obiwan (maybe Ewan, dunno) should get his own movie also

he looked the part though

By far the best part of the prequels, the originals, the old EU, the new EU, and every other piece of Star Wars content is Sheev all other characters suck in comparison

what was so great about Ian's performance as Sheev? I thought that Lee's performance as Dooku was more noteworthy

what performance? he was in the movies for like 10 minutes

>ywn see Obi-Wan vs Sheev KINO battle

when he dueled yoda at the end. i literally jumped out my seat in theater screaming "YYEAAAAHH KICK HIS ASS!!!"

He has good facial expressions.

for your sake I hope you're not being serious

he's not the only one

FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THE POLICE ARE EVIL

It always tickles me how Hayden looks like my brother.

YOU WERE MY BROTHER ANAKIN

>no, he's not.

t. Someone who has never seen anything of his but Star Wars and Jumper.

post clips of him performing well

Watch Shattered Glass, The Virgin Suicides or Life as a House (This movie itself isn't very good, but his performance is good)

isn't Hayden coming back to play Vader's force ghost in EVIII?

Where did you hear that? I'm pretty sure there's nothing close to a reliable source that it's happening.

I hope he tells luke about the sand people.

someone on Sup Forums said that it would be cool if ghost Vader would be a Gollum/Smeagol schizo that switched between Anakin and Vader, that would be pretty good

youtube.com/watch?v=7SqTR0DorSw

kek

I really wonder if any of them said something to Lucas about the dialogue.

I mean, what changed between then and the filming of the OT when all 3 of the leads called out Lucas' shitty script-writing?