How do we reverse the normalization of music piracy?

How do we reverse the normalization of music piracy?

Artists work really hard to make their music

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zzg90vud1y0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Banning internet

Music piracy has been dropping for a while now. Also you could try being so niche that nobody uploads your shit

artist's rarely make more than 5% commission on album sales unless they are independent, and then still their main source of income for the vast majority is live shows, the only people really hurt by piracy are record labels, and tbqf i don't give a shit about them

Not enough.
People can unplug and still pirate.
It's requires a popular new moralistic paradigm which is a much bigger issue.

>How do we reverse the normalization of music piracy?
make music that's worth buying?

make it legal

By ending the ridiculous idea of intellectual property in the arts. You get paid for performing, not for creating/recording

Time travel to the mid 90s and tell the big labels to stop charging $20+ a CD? IDK really

There were already people floating the idea of music streaming by the late 90’s but no one wanted to listen to them. Maybe the tech wasn’t all there but if the major labels had poured money into development it we probably could have had Spotify by the mid 00’s. Instead they chose to DRM cripple files and hunt down 12 year olds who were pirating from their parents’ basement. So many better ways they could have handled the issue.

People aren't going to pay for nothing. Sell them something they want, like big beautiful vinyls will full sized cover art. Taylor Swift's last album was available in a limited edition magazine version. Dumb but it sold well.

this is what happened to me. I cannot pirate anymore, slsk, here, NOTHING

Pirate Varg's music always. That nazi piece of shit doesn't deserve a single penny. Dont support people like that.

honestly i do this
i refuse to buy music from any conservative artists. i always pirate them. sometimes i buy vinyl or shirt or a concert ticket to support a band i like, if i found out they were right wing i dont buy any of their shit. i dont want my money going to scumbags, no matter how good the art is or not.

lol which ones are right wing? There's probably 3 in the world worth listening to

forced drm like with games

t. soyboys

Barely any good, but theres a few like smashing pumpkins (corgan goes on infowars and shit) where I heard they supported trump and it made an impact on me deciding if i wanted to get a vinyl lp or buy tickets to their show

i'd rather my money not go towards people who support seeing people like me suffer

Barely anyone pirates anymore though. Most people stream, not that it's any better for the small artists though.

shut down the interenet

this

>h-he wants to preserve european culture?
>fuck that nazi piece of shit !! steal his art for free! that'll show him!

Then I take great pleasure in letting you know I literally only ever pirate leftist shitstains like Phobia, Discharge and Napalm Death, and I literally bought a Disma shirt just to support Pillard and spite Antifa after I heard he was a nazi, even though I only moderately like Disma. Have financially supported Varg many times too :^)

What's some good Nazi music?

youtube.com/watch?v=zzg90vud1y0

why is that brownskin wearing armour? on the cover of a supposedly "nazi" album?