What was the kid's fucking problem? Not memeing

What was the kid's fucking problem? Not memeing.

just wanted to play with other kids, socialize.

I've never seen this movie, is it any good?

pretty good, worth a watch.

Read the book, seriously. It's not that long & every library has it.
The boy grew up in a world where hunger and fear are every day things while his dad told him stories about about a fairy tale land where people didn't prey upon each other.

The dad did too good of a job protecting him so he was a whiny baby when anything happened

Pretty good on its own, lackluster if you know the source material.

What do you think happened to the mother?

Died that night from exposure i would imagine

For a movie that felt almost 100% exactly like the book, I am surprised that I did not enjoy it. Felt like I was sleepwalking through the whole thing.

I have read it but he's so fucking annoying.
I know he's young and frightened but you would think that someone who grew up in the apocalypse would know not to scream when there are bandits approaching, talk to yourself out loud when hiding from cannibals, or trip every other step

Probably just froze to death. In the book she cuts her wrists with shards of broken rocks

>In the book she cuts her wrists with shards of broken rocks
wtf i just finished the book a couple weeks ago and i dont remember that

It says he taught her how to slit her wrists with obsidian so I always just assumed that's what she did

Do american kids really call their fathers papa?

oh ok

>that part where the dad is asking himself if he could bash his sons skull in with a rock if the final bullet didn't fire

extremely depressing
even though the movie ending is happier than the book so I've heard

No we say Papi. Papa is italian or some shit.

No, we just call them Dad

>Papi

You have to go back

That's what having kids is about and that is what might be the true moral of the story is.

Reminder that this book, along with Brothers Karamazov and Infinite Jest are the holy masculine trinity. Read them and study them unless you want to be a numale liberal piece of shit

Had a son a few years ago and will prob never watch this again

Who would win in a fight, Joel or the Dad from The Road?

I talked to somebody that took points off The Mist because he has a son and muh feels and shit.

Man up.

Joel, Dad is sick as fuck and only has a couple shots

Fuck that, had a dream after watching that movie that I had to shoot my son in the head, except he didn't die right away and just cried softly saying "dad it's so dark"

Joel, he columbine'd an entire hospital cus people were going to kill Ellie.

Westerns are more masculine. Read the son by philip kerr. Or lonesome dove

Not a fair fight. If they were both able bodied maybe still Joel but the dad from the road is a walking skeleton

That is pretty fucked up, I will admit.
Proper detachment from the things you're afraid of losing prevents this, though.

This is a Cormac Mcarthy thread user, don't forget Blood Meridian.

Westerns are pleb trash

Why no mention of Blood Meridian? That should be substituted for The Road, actually.

I unironically called my grandpa Pepe before the meme

>swn earn your trust and then eat you

>those boob freckles
hhhhrnnnng

feels bad man

I read All The Pretty Horses and unfortunately found it quite forgettable. I have to give Blood Meridian a chance though. Also No Country

I'd let her do it.

How did James Franco fuck pic related up so badly? Was it because he's a fucking hack, or was it because he had no money?

I call my grandpa Papa. My father is Dad.

>first five minutes is an unsimulated shot of shit coming out of an asshole

Now that's what I call foreshadowing!

Seriously though I think the reason it didn't work is that A) the people involved who loved the book loved the book too much and therefore tried too hard and B) the people who didn't live the book either did it as a favor to Franco or were entry level actors and so didn't try.

There were some good aspects...I appreciated the use of sections of the book's dialogue, and Haze does turn in a good (if nonunderstandable) performance, but ultimately it feels like a bunch of students saw No Country for Old Men and thought "I can do that!"

He's not a good director, pretty simple.

I'm going to murder that son of a bitch if he even dares to think of directing Blood Meridian.