Vikings

Is this series worth watching? How is it compared to GoT?

Yes, it's better in every conceivable way.

It's shit, but so is GoT.

If you like medieval stuff at all, sure

It's lower quality than GoT but that should be obvious given that one is on HBO and one is on the History channel

That said, it's not bad. It has some questionable episodes but it also has some really good ones.

Also, outside of the game of thrones dedicated battle episodes (Watchers on the Wall, Blackwater), Vikings has imo the best action on TV. It starts small scale in season 1 and picks up from there. There's some really good ones.

IMO some of the battles are even better than Battle of the Bastards.

Critic rating went up every season, viewer rating went down every season. That should tell you enough to stay away from it.

It's alot worse than GoT, don't get fooled

Only good characters are Ragnar, Beorn, Athelstan and Lagertha
Rest is painfully annoying to watch
Every villain is shit
Ragnar has a very bad character arc imo, although most do
Character motives and incentives are fucked
Story isn't very well paced
Religious aspect is horribly executed
Timeline is very inaccurate according to actual events

Some scenes and battles are pretty good
S3 had a very good episode involving a bear, and that's the ONLY episode I've really liked
Best lingual norse interpretation I have heard in a TV show

Overall, there is not alot of good writing involved with Vikings
Characters are mildly intriguing
There is probably better things to watch

> Is this series worth watching?

Yes.

> How is it compared to GoT?

GoT is pure shit, its basically the shittest thing to ever be on television. The war of the five kings is ended by le 20 good men, which shows you the kind of retarded world that worthless shitshow exists in.

I want to fuck Lagertha so bad

Floki is the most annoying fedora-tipping meme character

Considering the garbage on TV today, it's in the better tiers.

its an appetizer for GOT at best. i cant believe i unironically sorta enjoyed the first three seasons before dropping it. also im pretty sure its just bait to lure the the wewuz's and it's done a pretty good job.

also, the entire show is literally making an alliance with new character then backstabbing the next episode

>its an appetizer for GOT at best.

This is bullshit. There is no Mary Sue whore shoved down her throat as a character you are supposed to like and her fire breathing dragons or any ice zombies. GoT is very different as it is a shitty fantasy

true but what i meant was that a good amount of episodes air before GOT starts and basically they're comparable in enough ways to GOT that you could call it a shitter version thus appetizing for the show people actually give a shit about

>Is this series worth watching?
Yes

>How is it compared to GoT?
Similar in the sense that it portrays a grubby world rife with misery and betrayal, however, it also has a very strong mystical element that separates it and much better characters whose motivations aren't completely transparent.

The soundtrack is also really good.

>There is no Mary Sue whore shoved down your throat as a character you are supposed to like
literally Lagertha

Season 1 and 2 are pretty great. Season 3 was so bad I dropped the show, so I don't know about Season 4.

Did you drop season 3 before they raided France? It was pretty bad before that, but it actually gets good during the France raids imo. Some of the best battles on TV too.

Paris specifically

Watch The Last Kingdom, it takes place around the same time period as Vikings and is better imo

You aren't meant to like Lagertha and she's not at all a Mary Sue, she's lost more Earldom's and children than she's gained at this point.

It started out original but it's now shitty pandering.

As says the entire show is literally making an alliance with new character then backstabbing the next episode.

It even happens multiple times with Rollo and Floki somehow.