/gg/ - Guitar and Bass General

Acoustic edition

Old thread: How do I start learning guitar?
>justinguitar.com/
Guitar chords and inversions
>chordbook.com/guitar-chords/
String tension calculator (D'Addario-based):
>stringtensionpro.com/
Music theory:
>musictheory.net/lessons
Hal Leonard's Bass Method:
>mediafire.com/file/sayviwqxfcxfjon/
Steve Vai's Ten Hour Workout
>mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf
Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar 1 & 2
>mediafire.com/download/bn8803xzlrbds3b/Guitar1.rar
>mediafire.com/download/9uhtufuf3z9cx8m/Guitar2.rar
Advancing Guitarist - Mick Goodrick
>mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8
Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg
Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd
Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav
The Beginner's Guide to Jazz Guitar:
>jazzguitar.be/ebooks/The_Beginners_Guide_To_Jazz_Guitar.pdf
Blues Guitar Lessons:
>learnandmaster.com/resources/Spotlight_Blues_Guitar_LessonBook.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1NgPgVecI5X
vocaroo.com/i/s04SobcvFjye
vocaroo.com/i/s1d1uB54fr6v
vocaroo.com/i/s029Oh6eUebR
vocaroo.com/i/s1LHoS8ECw5e
vocaroo.com/i/s161MTm6hNpG
youtube.com/watch?v=1g6nPYyIS_I
clyp.it/z4ykd1yl
vocaroo.com/i/s1sOghJ3jR3f
vocaroo.com/i/s0h7vHAKUkdO
sweetwater.com/insync/one-solution-for-fret-buzz-adjust-truss-rod/
youtu.be/ImFVPG2CQlQ
youtu.be/8MZ3YnMekNY
youtu.be/sIeMsdxuJ0g
youtu.be/pX06cf15w-U
clyp.it/houpgdnf
clyp.it/45k2kjxo?token=2639a713bf3361f4ea4db683d89e1f4f
clyp.it/yoj3jig1
vocaroo.com/i/s0GjnorHi7c0
vocaroo.com/i/s1PfAvbTkhNF
frets.com/FretsPages/Luthier/Technique/Setup/BuzzDiagnosis/buzzlist.html
youtube.com/watch?v=_5PX4Fl6Mu4
clyp.it/p2ykgwmr
youtube.com/watch?v=IkRqUonKlCw
youtube.com/watch?v=CSaRWt4cxao
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what's holdsworth doing right now? it's been like half an hour since I've figuratively sucked him off.

He's dead

I have been enjoying my delicious playing without any knowledge nor effects, because effects and theory are gay as fuck.

vocaroo.com/i/s1NgPgVecI5X
vocaroo.com/i/s04SobcvFjye
vocaroo.com/i/s1d1uB54fr6v
vocaroo.com/i/s029Oh6eUebR
vocaroo.com/i/s1LHoS8ECw5e
vocaroo.com/i/s161MTm6hNpG

thats one of romans many ´sonalities, will pull him out when he deemed necessary

That last clip sounds like samuel.

Is that a killswitch or what

Should I get a Coral sitar to play this kind of stuff?

youtube.com/watch?v=1g6nPYyIS_I

looks like the rail single coil selector

Is Steve Vai's Ten Hour Workout worth reading?

is the agile tonelab street shitter

i find that post offensife, please delete it

thanks, checked

Definitely

clyp.it/z4ykd1yl

Have an opportunity to get a Peavey Classic 50 4x10 pretty cheap (around $900) and pretty new. Im pretty tempted, but are there any other amps in this price range with enough headroom for cleans/loads of fx? I can't think of any I'd trust next to a loud drummer.

please rate
vocaroo.com/i/s1sOghJ3jR3f

please rate
vocaroo.com/i/s0h7vHAKUkdO

>implying you're anywhere Metheny's level
Throw out all your pedals and practice guitar first. Just you and the amp.

haha i like. sounds well played if thats what youre asking. that trill at the end was gud too. those are hard to hold out and keep volume going(for fun u shld just sit and practice em if you wanted to do an over the top ending where you hold it out for a while(but i prefer the short one personally). but yeah sounds as good as any other guitar player could play it.

>implying you need to be at Pat Metheny's level to play his songs

fuck off retard

The allure of the P90 pickup...

6505 or dsl40c would be a good choices. you don't need 4 speakers to get the volume, although it would definitely give you fuller bottom end.

shills get out

>playing a dead instrument

may i ask why?

Why have one single coil and one Humbucker?

as opposed to playing a living one?

No, e standard. Everything else felt like gummy worms to me

>mfw someone keeps shilling my exact guitar

pls stop, it's a good guitar and I don't wanna look like a meme on /gg/

meme

Neck for cleans, humbucker for gain. Which pickup configuration would you propose? Only SS and HH?
Did you exchange any of the pickups or modify it in any other way? The humbucker can seem awfully weedy even after adjusting height and polepieces.

not terrible. maybe chill with some of the bends or try and bend to a more specific note instead of just gunning it. for example practice bending the note up a half step or whole step. as an exercise put your ring finger on like the 7th fret 3rd string and index on 5th fret 2nd string(when in this position the two notes youre fingering will be a whole step apart) and pluck both but only bend the 3rd string and try to get it to bend up and match the note on the 2nd string.you can move that finger shape around higher or lower on the neck if it feels more comfortable to practice at a different spot, and as well to use in other songs. its a good move/technique to have.also practice articulation, making sure youre not hitting fat or thin with your fretting hand(fat meaning your finger tip has gone a little too far and is close to touching or may be touch one of the lower strings on your fret board. or thin meaning not enough of your finger tip is on the string and it may be close to or under your finger nail). and articulation with the pick too. pick control is hard as well, to this day my right hand is definitely my weaker. theres a lot you can do for your right hand to practice. you can can run scales and do it so you only do up strokes on every note as well as down strokes on every note bot ascending and descending as well as pick each step of the scale twice up and down before moving on or any other kind of combination. you could do down down up, up up down repeat or u,d,d,d,u or what ever you want. but just practice hitting that string youre on and only that string. as well as focusing on your left hands position. that sounded good though. i liked it. good job. brave coming here for critique:) keep playing, the worst thing you can do is stop playing the guitar. keep it up bruhhhh

>tfw too autistic to understand truss rod adjustment

C-can anyone help me with this?

>try to make playlist of baller but irregular riffs for stoner genre
>its just bands of josh homme & and artists he directly inspired

goddangshitdude

the riffs are either too dadrock and unwilling to try new shit, or unwilling to try the psych elements of stoner rock and just dull out some repetative malarky

sweetwater.com/insync/one-solution-for-fret-buzz-adjust-truss-rod/ this is a good explanation.
Your neck should have a slight concave bow to it. As long as your neck has a slight concave bow to it, I would attempt to fix whatever problem you're having with bridge/saddle and nut adjustments before touching the truss rod. That being said, truss rod adjustment is nothing to be afraid of. Just adjust it 1/8 to 1/4 turn at a time with the strings on and tuned to pitch, don't give it a convex bow and don't let there be more than a 1/8" gap between the string and the 12th fret when pressing down on the string at the highest and lowest fret. Follow these directions and you won't break your shit.

>trying to jam to youtube drum loops
>feels really good, really cool basslines coming out
>20 minutes later notice that it sounds very similar to when i first started
>try to change it and make something fresh
>all my riffs still sound the same
>mfw
>begin getting headache
>start sobbing to myself
>feel like a failure at my instrument
how the fuck do i come up with original and unique basslines, /gg/

here are some songs

pls add things you think could relate here. not bitchass niggas on vocals or i get triggered

cool. youtu.be/ImFVPG2CQlQ
jd channeling early qotsa homme youtu.be/8MZ3YnMekNY
best morning song ever youtu.be/sIeMsdxuJ0g
woah dude youtu.be/pX06cf15w-U

Haven't made any modifications at all since I'm not particularly knowledgeable about setting up guitars. The humbucker does sound a little weedy but I can usually dial in a sound that works. I play rhythm in a band where I don't have to use much gain so not a huge issue. I use the coil tap on it quite a lot too.
I quite like to use like the middle pickup position sometimes.

What's up faggots

clyp.it/houpgdnf

noice

Thanks. I've been fucking with it most of the afternoon. I don't even know if it's too big of a problem.. basically on my Low E string I get a slight buzz around the 5th of 6th fret but only on a really hard pick/strum, like one that makes a ton of vibration on the string.

So maybe it's all good, none of the other strings are buzzing.

I love half dim chords. I've used them in a couple metal tracks I wrote.

>6505
is there a more useless amp than this on the market? I wanna say Roland JC but you can at least run pedals through it.

imagine holding a plastic spoon and your about to fling some mash potatoes at ur sis. tightening the truss rod(turning screw clockwise or like the old saying goes righty tighty lefty loosy) is like pulling back that spoon/giving it a back arc. this is going to pull the strings closer to the neck and if done too much they may start buzzing or even resting on the frets. the opposite loosening(lefty loosy or cranking it counter clockwise) is gonna give it relief. the neck will give in more with the strings and bow the other way, kind of like how a bow and arrow is but obviously not as dramatic. this is gonna lift the strings more off the board. you want your neck to be some where around flat. is say some where around because some player like it with a bit of relief. they like how the strings feel mid neck cuz theylle be just a bit further from the fret board than near the nut, while some like it with some tension or tighter cuz the mid of the neck will be a bit closer to the strings. its all feel, of course you dont want it so tight or loose that you get buzz or ridiculous action. you can see how your neck is set up by looking down from the headstock. hold it close and look down the neck. the strings are the truth, theyre a straight line. then look up and down the neck and see how it relates in relevance to the strings. you can also catch other neck issues this way such as warping. but yeah. and generally you dont really keep torquing it when your tightening or loosening the neck. just a couple quarter turns maybe in which ever direction desirable. after adjusting look down the neck and see what happened. it also takes a few days for it to really set. if you tighten it one day to fix the action you may notice late youre now getting buzz that you werent getting when you fixed it. woods a living material, it takes time really rest in place. if that happens it just means you now needa loosen in just a tiny bit. but yeah. truss rods, no need to be scared of em.

kek

new roman personality? the walltexter!

please rate these
clyp.it/45k2kjxo?token=2639a713bf3361f4ea4db683d89e1f4f
clyp.it/yoj3jig1

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class at Berklee, and I’ve been involved in numerous superb gigs at the Whisky a Go Go, and I have over 300 confirmed industry contacts. I am trained in Konokol and I’m the top sweeper in the entire UG shred community. You are nothing to me but just another handlet. I will rock you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of gear forum gurus across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can shred a C Major scale in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in fingerstyle, but I have access to the entire guitarsenal of Musician's Friend, Sweetwater, and zZounds; and I will use it to its full extent to riff your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shred liquidy legato all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

haha ik. im just trying to help whats the harm in that tho?

it's too much work, i think this user is autistic for real

oh cmonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn im trying to helpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp ill just go

Cool, yea maybe that's why I'm not seeing anything big yet. It's winter time and stuff and I've had a lot of humidity shifts lately so I'm not gonna over-torque anything just in case.

It's only a bit of buzz around the 5th or 6th fret on the Low E and it's bascially only noticeable if I hit the string with a lot of force.

None of the other strings buzz or anything.

please post em

that kinda sounds like a high fret if its only around the 5th and 6th of that string. frets can kinda stick too high up at certain parts

SEE SOMEONE APPRECIATES MY WALL TEXTS

no u

old bachata
vocaroo.com/i/s0GjnorHi7c0

i could go more into depth about high frets and how to fix em but some people here seem jealous and intimidated by my big dick high iq god tier wealth of knowledge.

Does an archtop/jazzbox fit in a normal gigbag that is designed for a Dreadnought acoustic? I'm picking up a guitar tomorrow and I don't know if it'll fit honestly.

please rate
vocaroo.com/i/s1PfAvbTkhNF

i wanna say yesssssss, i feel like a friend of mine before had that concern and that worked fine... but im not sure sooo...gud luk

Thanks, I'm more worried about the upper bout so in the worst case scenario I can probably just close the zipper around the lower bout and around the neck. It just can't rain tomorrow I guess.

nursery rhyme/10

bring a shower cap or condom with you when you pick it up and you can put it over the head stock. solved

Yeah possibly. Some other stuff I read was perhaps the nut needs adjusted or replaced?

The guitar is about ~6 months old but I've played it around 20 hrs a week. I don't know how long nuts are suppose to last. It's a Tusq XL and the guitar is a Les Paul clone.

"Never trust a truss"

id wanna say high frett still but im not god so idk. never hurts to just show to local shop. theyd know best. plus sounds like it still works fine anyway.

>hating on the 6505
The hell are you doing son

lol

>no mention of Rob chapman or andertons
Weak m8

My es175 ( 16" lower bout) fits in my dreadnought mono bag but my D'angelico (17") doesn't. It depends on the guitar really

thinking about buying an Orange CR120C for gigging, opinions?

Yeah I'll let it sit for a day and see how it changes since I made a couple tweaks.

BTW, pretty useful site:
frets.com/FretsPages/Luthier/Technique/Setup/BuzzDiagnosis/buzzlist.html

I found going on YT vids it's really difficult to find a useful video. Most of them were either guys trying to sell you some bullshit or using tools that no one has.

I did find a couple though and do feel like I know more than before but I'd say this website I added was the most helpful yet.

>solid state orange
Why m8

oooooo handy
bookmarked
thnx

Np. I found it after like 4 hours of searching around and it's a very nice site with quick explanations. I can't believe the amount of garbage on YT and else where, almost all of the videos had some different approach it was really annoying.

Reminded me of when I first learned to setup a Floyd Rose properly, easy as fuck now, but a pain in the ass the first time around.

If an electric, it's absolutely not a problem if it's not audible plugged in.

>It's a Tusq XL
The best nut available. Self-lubricating FTW.

I hate that guy.

So now that Gibson is dead, what Tele should i buy? I have atleast 3k to burn.

lol i feel ya. yeah a lot of the internet has shiz guitar advice. takes some digging. but like what are you supposed to do if all you got around you is a god damn guitar center.

^this post is sponsored by the resident pajeet

Any Nashguitar Tele. Pick your poison.

Unironically an SX from Rondo for

if my strings are hitting the neck pickup and i have to have the action uncomfortably high to avoid it what you would you suggest i do? loosen truss rod? adjust intonation? it's an epi les paul i have this problem with.

it's not the pickup height btw, i've set it to probably be lower than is ideal.

I'd unironically like to try this one
He made it sound awesome here youtube.com/watch?v=_5PX4Fl6Mu4

>it's not the pickup height btw
It's either the pickup height or the bridge height.

what's the hardest guitar music piece to play you know? not play, just know.

please rate
it's in PORTUGUESE
clyp.it/p2ykgwmr

Two common benchmarks of musical skill across all instruments are Flight of the Bumblebee and Giant Steps, the former a general dexterity benchmark and the latter a benchmark in being able to improvise over quick chord changes. If you have mastery over these two pieces you have a pretty complete command over your instrument.

like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=IkRqUonKlCw

No, not like that. His playing is sloppy and inefficient; way too much right arm motion and pick motion. That shit needs to be with all wrist and the pick needs to be traveling a lot less distance.

i mean a lot of things could be outta wack but id say check bridge hight and if still not working id bring it to a shop and ask em to look at it

here

this isn't me, and half of those copy pasted links aren't me either. Not sure what I did to trigger this NEET into pretending to be me by pasting my old links in every thread (and posting sheev, which i did once?), but I only come here every 2-3 days to shitpost since I have a life and this poser faggot is here literally every single time.

I'd love to hear his playing but I know that will never happen since he's a coward and a bad player.

youtube.com/watch?v=CSaRWt4cxao
What the literal fuck?

don't be ashamed, we all have a bad day

that was pretty shit

flight of the bumblebee is pretty fuckin easy, it's just alternate picking. I learnt it when I was 15 4 years ago.

you dont fool no one roman, bring other personalities like JCUM900.

ashamed of what? that some talentless NEET is pretending to be me and posting links that aren't even mine? it doesn't matter to me, just letting people know that this kike isn't me

do you work?