Pink Floyd is pop music and therefore not patrician

Pink Floyd is pop music and therefore not patrician

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gPoiv0sZ4s4
youtu.be/vXrcl3f_NFM?t=2m32s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Im gonna skip all the arguments that this thead is gonna cause till its just floyd fags arguing about what the best album is. Its animals.

brilliant analysis my dude. Any more 200 iq nuggets?

>pop is dad
fuck off dad

The only patrician genres are avant garde/free jazz, classical, ambient, idm, and traditional folk music.

It's so divisive because there's a strong case to be made for at least 5 of their albums (piper, dsotm, wywh, animals, wall). That being said fuck you it's wish you were here.

im not mad at you for saying wish you were here is the best or cussing at me but you can go to hell and suck a fat spiky dragon cock for not putting meddle on that list.

They are patrician relative to pop music. All about context.

>200 iq
My iq is too high to be expressed numerically

>Pink Floyd is pop music
[citation needed]

It sure as hell isn't folk or art music.

What does that have to do with it?

It's rock.

Atom Heart Mother and Meddle arguably rank there as well.

Rock is popular music.

That's not what OP said though

I am OP. When I said pop I meant popular music. Don't be obtuse.

>When I said pop I meant popular music
So you misspoke

That's not really a good definition.
He's using a pretty bollocksy definition which divides music into three different types - folk, art and pop music, folk being something like, say, Happy Birthday, Frere Jacques or a lullaby; art music being something like Dvorak's 8th Symphony or Chopin's Preludes; and pop music being anywhere from A Love Supreme to Day69.

It's fucking bollocks.

>idm
lmao

You're being obtuse. Any retard knows pop = popular.

Please stop replying to me.

>reddit tier discussion

There is nothing divisive about objective fact. It's Animals.

>Any retard knows pop = popular.
Not really Because Pop is a musical genre but Popular Music is one of Phillip Tagg's three hemispheres of music. They are different things.
Please know about what you are discussing before you attempt

So is Kate Bush, what's your point nig?

"Pop" is also a genre unto itself that rose up in the 80s and has retained popularity to the modern day, and it has a distinct sound unto itself. Any retard knows that.

You fundamentally don't understand what it means to be a patrician, and you're getting schooled by the "oh how long have you been a musician?" guy. Take a lap, buddy.

>classical

Shouldn't you be listening to Brockhampton?

>and you're getting schooled by the "oh how long have you been a musician?" guy.
How did you know it was me?

Was this supposed to be a comeback?
I come here entirely too often, your talking points are usually the same, and you post in the same kinds of threads usually. But yeah I come here entirely too often

This whole thread

youtube.com/watch?v=gPoiv0sZ4s4

A plebeian is the exact opposite of a patrician. While the musical preferences among individual plebs vary as widely as music itself, all are easily identified by obvious tendencies and behaviors stemming from inner conflict between the compulsion to maintain a self-image of being "really into music" and a stubborn refusal to act accordingly. The pleb is threatened by critical discussion, openly hostile toward anyone who presumes an authoritative position no matter how legitimately, and rankles at any suggestion that he look inward to inspect his own biases or assumptions about music, or even that he has any biases in the first place.

What plebeians believe to be a keen interest in music is in reality an obsession with "taste". This is why they can entertain themselves for hours examining scrobble counts on last.fm, maintaining contrived parabolas of their RYM star ratings, or meticulously assembling a Top 50 chart which displays their grocery-list "eclecticism", but won't read a music text. This is why they loudly proclaim how their virginal taste is unsullied by any reviewer's opinion, yet memorize each of those opinions to cite in endless "drone" accusations. It is why they will evade addressing specific musical assertions at any cost, shifting the topic to popularity, fan image, or imaginary concepts such as "entry-level" or "fedoracore", all of which are better suited to their interests and expertise.

How does any of this apply to music. All the time people this board use "pleb" they usually refer to the music, not the listener.

Sorry, the machine don't stand a chance against Pink Floyd :)

Only a plebeian would even begin to contemplate using genres to define the characteristics of a patrician.

Test

There are no patrician genres.

how about a video of waters saying he's from a pop group
youtu.be/vXrcl3f_NFM?t=2m32s

>idm
LMAOOOOOOOOOO

bump

How about death of the artist

how about you suck my dick

Having difficulty finding it...

that's cause im a gril ;)

Pre-op or post?