Tfw Sup Forums makes fun of you shitty taste in music

>tfw Sup Forums makes fun of you shitty taste in music
Fuck it, I'm really tired of this shit. How can I improve my taste so I can be finally accepted by you guys? I mainly listen to Kendrick Lamar, Weezer, Pink Floyd, Foo Fighters, 2pac, Aphex Twin, Devo and all that stuff. Is there any "objectively good music" chart out there? Pleas, help me, I'm really tired that you guys call me a 'soyboy pleb'. Pic unrelated.

he fell for the meme don't tell him

just look up some stuff on rym and chart threads

if you're into indie here's a good primer of 2010s bands
Wild Nothing
Alex G
Julien Baker
Mild High Club
Homeshake
Jerry Paper
The Drums
War on Drugs
Porches
Bane's World
Mitski
Alvvays
Real Estate
Wavves
Kurt Vile
Cigarettes After Sex
Sophie
Unknown Mortal Orchestra
Toro y Moi
Alex Cameron
Twin Peaks
Ducktails
Fazerdaze
Beach Fossils
Japanese Breakfast
Brockhampton
DIIV
Pale Waves
Mac Demarco
Whitney
Courtney Barnett
Girlpool
Blood Orange
Cosmo Pyke
Sheer Mag
Girls Names
Arctic Monkeys
Alt-J
Rex Orange County
Young Fathers
Mt. Eerie
Ariel Pink
Title Fight
Yellow Days
Steve Lacy
Grimes
Tame Impala
Pond
Zack Villere
St. Vincent
King Krule
Death Grips
Angel Olsen
John Maus
Cherry Glazerr
MGMT
Car Seat Headrest

bro you just got meme'd is all. If you wanna spend your whole life listening to faust, sun city girls, and henry cow then go for it. If I were you I would just not be a pussy and listen to the music I like.

>falling for 1/10 bait
the replies are either 10/10 bait or just retards who are new

this isnt a meme post op these are actually pretty good i cut out all the shit meme bands

Thanks! I'll check them out, I only know The 1975, but the rest is new to me.
I know, but I really want to explore other forms of music.
what?

Why care? Stop being an insecure pussy and stop conforming to what other people say. How are you going to enjoy life without any autonomy? Just enjoy what you enjoy. If you want to experiment, do it on your own terms, look for anything random and experiment with it, and listen to it, and form your own opinion.

Also grow thicker skin, if you're that bothered about some anonymous cunt on the internet calling you a soyboy pleb, then you need to stop caring or you'll go nowhere in life.

>Is there any "objectively good music"
Doesn't exist

>le music is subjective
this meme needs to fucking die already

this

How is it not subjective?

music can be criticized for objective faults or praised for objective achievement. musical taste and enjoyment is subjective.

>objective faults
>objective achievement
Like what?

>Is there any "objectively good music" chart out there?
Here you go OP

Thanks man. I'll check those. I don't know what the fuck is doing Kesha there but okay.

>I don't know what the fuck is doing Kesha there but okay.
These newfags need to fuck off

So many people dismiss Ke$ha's music without understanding her broader artistic relevance which is less strictly musical than it is mixed-media performance art viciously satirizing the pervasive hypocrisy and nihilism of all 21st century youth cultures, illuminating even the vices and biases among self-styled intellectual circles while masquerading as and even marketing herself to a social group they hold in knee-jerk contempt.

Take "Warrior", for recent example. It presents itself on a surface level as passionate, inanely militant anthem and call-to-arms to... apparently do nothing. Stupid and pointless, yes, but pointlessness which is so calculatedly stupid that it arouses suspicions as to whether it's genuine. Look at it in a broader context of pop music trends and one sees that "Warrior" is merely a distillation of the hypocrisy and absurdity within all such militant socio-political anthems which grow more endemic by the year (fun., Lady Gaga, Coldplay, Muse, fucking Green Day) but to some extent with any protest song. After all, no matter the validity or even the sincerity of the sentiment, a pop song is entertainment by nature and popular entertainment is a distraction from the Revolution, not a catalyst for it. Even Phil Ochs at his most impassioned may very well have been singing "Let's party and have fun listening to this song" - in other words, the literal meaning of Ke$ha's text.

That's one such song of many. And she attended college courses for fun in high school and scored a 2300 on her SATs so "No she's just dumb" is not an acceptable rebuttal.

This is advanced bait, right?

>If I were you I would just not be a pussy and listen to the music I like
It's almost as if you believe those three bands are so extreme to the point of no one being able to enjoy a single song of theirs. As if this whole thread wasn't bait to begin with.