NFL players seeking month dedicated to social activism

sports.yahoo.com/memo-nfl-players-ask-roger-goodell-support-racial-equality-campaign-031110505.html
>Current and former NFL players campaigning for racial equality and criminal justice reform wrote a lengthy memo to league commissioner Roger Goodell officially seeking overt league support in their effort, including an endorsement for an activism awareness month, Yahoo Sports has learned.

JUST

Other urls found in this thread:

nydailynews.com/news/national/ky-judge-told-parents-fostering-racist-behavior-article-1.2182039
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So how triggered are you conservashits right now?

I hate pink month more than anything. This is even more retarded

they already have black history month

>in the past
>owners and players had labor issues because of money
>in the future
>owners and players will have labor issues because of social activism

can't wait for the endless 2021 lockout

It's like they are handing out nails for their coffins.

In 5 years soccer will be as big as the NFL.

>leaf

end the systematic racism against white skill position players first

And thus, the homosexualization of the National Football League is complete.

Is it suicide? Old angry white dudes are the primary customers of the NFL, they are gonna piss them off even more

>nfl players
>millionaires
>most of them with a criminal history of varying degrees
>spend all their money in cars, hos and sneakers
>now pretending to care about 'peoples and shiet' as long as others pay and organize it lmao
>most of them broke 5 years after retiring
>and still expect the rest to take care of them
americans, next time pick the cotton with your own hands, could have saved the world a lot of trouble

lel

fuck the NFL

Stop biting the hand that feeds you.

> angry old white dudes
wut
Stop being an idiot.

If the last lockout proved anything it's that the players have zero leverage

>idiot
Take a look at any of the various demographic studies. The only idiot here is you.

The major fanbases of Football and American Football are literally the same people, men over 40 and the young ladies who want to fuck the famous players with some young men who like the violence.

I'm not going to stop watching the NFL for what the players do and they have a right to speak there mind. But the NFL needs to prevent itself from becoming the Emmys, Jimmy Kimmels show, Hollywood , and other entertainment venues, shows, and events that become excessively political. We watch these things to enjoy ourselves and loosen up, but get preached at instead. Specifically regarding Michael Bennett, I feel what happend to him was wrong and should be acknowledged, and regarded as a serious issue especially with African American individuals in our country. The NFL doesn't need to turn into a political TV show in the process.

>He doesn't support the fight for breast cancer
Do you happen to be gay?

*against

there's an infinite supply of players but only a 'handful' of clubs, players are absolutely disposable in nfl

I'm officially done with the NFL if this goes through. I don't want politics introduced on my comfy sundays.

>guys the NFL is dying, how do we kill it quicker?
>say no more senpai

Good riddance you greedy fucks

Is "criminal justice reform" just codeword for "lighter sentences and less convictions'

Black people have tricked the democrats into giving them lesser sentences when they commit crimes in the name of racism.

excellent, can't wait to see how this triggers the_donald redditors

Jimmy Kimmel couldn't be more wrong on Healthcare. What a fucking dolt.

What did he say?

What's more pathetic? Players caring about a cause, or fans caring about players caring about a cause?

what are you talking about? NFL has been political for quite some time. There's a quasi-religious SALUTE DA TROOPS ceremony before every game

People like you are retarded

Wish the NFL would fuck off because of how pussified it's become, nobody wants to watch two below

soccer is boring it will never catch on in America

SALUTE DA TROOPS is just the national anthem that tends to go before any community gathering. It has nothing to do with politics.

Forced Nationalism is highly political.

It's also highly respectful for the country that's given you everything.

He's using his son's heart surgery as an appeal to emotion about socialized healthcare. The funny thing about it is the pediatric hospital his kid was treated at does the majority of their work on charity basis.

>NFL
>forced nationalism
lol, not anymore.

why would they be?

Not as triggered as you're going to be when your gay-ass sport is relegated to ESPN 2. ESPN 1 will be forced to air the Oppression Olympics.

>singing the national anthem before a fucking sports match isn't political

Wew lad

>activism awareness month
What are they hoping to accomplish with more exposure? Everyone has already taken notice. This is redundant.

To accomplish what? What are the specific goals of this? What specific issues are they addressing? Racial equality and criminal justice reform are not exactly narrow subjects. It'd be like demanding a general "Addiction awareness month."

Admit black people WUZ and still IZ KANGZ.

Also max prison sentences no more than 3 years.

I don't consider it to be. You may if you like.

>having a modicum of respect for the country that gave you everything is political now
W E W L A D
E
W
L
A
D

How's high school ?

In 5 years soccer will be as big as the NFL.

>soccer is boring it will never catch on in America

Both of these statements are true, if the NFL decides to follow ESPN in SJWing instead of providing a good athletic contest.

>Current and former NFL players campaigning for racial equality and criminal justice reform
>including an endorsement for an activism awareness month
literally hur dur say it's okay for hoodrats to chimp out and break the law but you pay for it

what, didn't Black History Month cure racism already? Oh well, let's try two months and see where that gets us.

Reminder, awareness solves all problems. If you see a problem, just be aware of it. That'll fix it.

Football needs to go the way of the dinosaur. Fucking pricks wanting to make it a show now rather then a game. Ever since the 90's it's been a steady decline. Doesn't help how democrats are pushing for kaepernick to play yet he's going to make the NFL practically die iy in a few years

It's the shortest month of the year

>Reminder, awareness solves all problems. If you see a problem, just be aware of it. That'll fix it.

>Forced nationalism

Okay. Speak in german please

This would be a kill shot. NFL owners aren't that stupid. Ratings are sky rocketing down as it is

They should only have a day at most anyways.

Trips of truth

I don't get it. What exactly are they protesting? That black people get arrested for committing crimes?

Yes, they want black people to be able to rob a convenience store and get off free.

That's what you deserve for having your most popular sport a show of nigs smashing each other.

NFL should give it to them let players wear special cleats or towels and whatever. and let them push whatever they want

90% of it will be church related shit anyways.

NBA does it all the time and they're more popular than ever but the NFLPA asks for it and league is on the verge of collapse.

it's breast cancer AWARENESS month in the NFL. who the fuck isn't aware? wtf is raising awareness doing?? donate the ticket sales or stadium revenue or merchandise or anything for a month to breast cancer research or stfu nfl. Between that and its favorite charity (((wounded warrior))) it's a joke and scummy af by doing what they do for "charity"

haha niggers

Are we going to start with addressing the fact that whites and asians are grossly underrepresented in football?

Looks like institutional black racism to me

this is what happens when your league is made up of 75 iq negroes

Best post itt

This.

Breast Cancer Awareness (The Pink Ribbons) is actually copyrighted and BIG money

Seriously. The only reason they have this opportunity is because they are Americans. Move to Africa and see what your standard of living becomes.

checked

i wish that athletes and this faggot board would just stick to sports

>he thinks loving and respecting America is a "conservative" or "white supremacist" thing, and no longer just an American thing

The absolute state of the brainwashed negro pet of liberal media and MARXIST Anti-Americans like Colon Kaepernick and his BlackLiesMatter group

dont we already get it? its called black history month

If they actually go through with these fucking retarded activism awareness month demands I will be 100% officially done with football. I won't even watch little league games anymore. And Goodell will most likely cave to this shit so fuck the NFL. I'm gonna watch nothing but World Cup skiing from here on out.

not as triggered as niggers, apparently. maybe one day they'll stop acting like petulant children, but given how they've been treated like 6 year olds for decades now, i don't see that changing.

You tell me

nydailynews.com/news/national/ky-judge-told-parents-fostering-racist-behavior-article-1.2182039

> Prison sentences for black people EVER

FUCK YOU, RACIST BIGOT THIS ISN'T THE 50'S ANYMORE

Before the national anthem, some guy will get on the mic and address the audience.

"YA'LL FUCKING RACIS. YA'LL RACIS. YESSADAY I ORDERED A SANDWICH AND THEY FORGOT THE EXTRA SAUCE. I SAW A WHITE LADY GET EXTRA SAUCE"

20 minutes minimum

why would free trump 2020 ads upset conservatives?

Didn't Reality crash this party on South Park?

Most NFL players have careers lasting 2 years, then they go broke and have to deal with long-term brain damage. I think they need to get their priorities straight, the NFLPA needs to focus on helping its own members.

Well yeah! The 2011 season had teams that were built mean, it was a sweet year for football, then the whole season ended with Pats/Giants II. Lamest shit, the league hasn't been the same.

Triggered about what? It's the libshits hurting their own cause on a constant basis with their autism. 2018 and 2020 are in the bag