Was it the pinnacle of music?

Was it the pinnacle of music?

Other urls found in this thread:

tapatalk.com/groups/thefall/you-can-drum-but-you-can-t-hide-merged-t32009.html
youtube.com/watch?v=qRXZnG-iyis
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pinnacle of their career, nothing more

It was the pinnacle of the 90s

Underrated, as well as Bleach, Incesticide and the Unplugged.

You know Incesticide is a compilation album, right?

(molly's lips is so fucking easy to play on guitar too)

It wasn't even the pinnacle of grunge.
Even Hole's 2nd album was better.

>nirvana
>good

>PLEASE NOTICE ME MARK LANEGAN SENPAI GOD

Kurt was ridiculous and that's a pop version of Sweet Oblivion

Pinnacle of Alternative Rock, but pretty damn close.

>pic related
Ignore the filename.

>and that's a pop version of Sweet Oblivion

How? Sweet Oblivion is a garage/neo-psych record, it sounds nothing like In Utero. If anything, In Utero is a pop version of The Jesus Lizard.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Fucking grunge
Pinnacle of anything

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

No

the pinnacle of shit music

better than nevermind nad one of the best 90's records but not the pinnacle. also groups like zeni geva, rapeman or guitar wolf did it better

Radio friendly unit shifter and milk it and Tourettes are noisier than anything the Jesus lizard put out

thanks for that pic, great for someoe who doesnt know much about any rock or stone

It's a b side. And it's called their 4th album

>Pinnacle of Alternative Rock, but pretty damn close.
nein. albini, mark e smith, pixies (88-89), sonic youth (88) did it far better

>He remembers bumping into Kurt Cobain and his wife Courtney Love, in Los Angeles. He wanted The Fall to support his band, the legendary Nirvana, on their tour of Europe. Mark E Smith, The Fall’s lead singer, had other ideas.

>“Mark told our tour manager at the time not to let them on the bus under any circumstances whatsoever as he thought the guy was a loser,” he said.

tapatalk.com/groups/thefall/you-can-drum-but-you-can-t-hide-merged-t32009.html

>he was the first real singer to actually yell melodically
Imagine being this retarded

The Fall is probably the most OVERRATED punk band of all time, probably right up their next to the pistols and the clash. 20+ studio albums of redundancy give me a fucking break Mark Smith is a hack 100%

>without sounding like a ditz or a moron
Learn to read next time.

And by the way, it's still right. Metal and Punk singers had little to no color or vividness when singing, as exemplified by their horrible techniques. Kurt was able to belt, scream and use raw vocals without sacrificing the melodic sensibilities of his music.

>without sounding like a ditz or a moron

What? Are you saying people like Jim Morrison or the tons of other singers of rock bands sounded like morons or ditzes?

No one in rock could sing until Kurt Cobain?

>Kurt was able to belt, scream and use raw vocals without sacrificing the melodic sensibilities of his music.
Ridiculous, you can't seriously believe he's the first one to "scream good". He literally got it from Frank Black.

hahaha, what a cunt. the group isn't punk and their sound changed through times including and recreating elements from rockabilly, country, garage, krautrock, hip hop, dub, reggae, jungle, techno, drum n bass, electro, etc. mark actually had a broad musical spectrum unlike other indie rockers (eg., pavement, pixies, albini, sonic youth, nirvana). the fall are far from being redundant but at the same time created their own universe

youtube.com/watch?v=qRXZnG-iyis

btw that shit image

i think its cool

Like I said, Punk/Metal. Most Rock singers didn't nearly sing as aggressive, rough or as heavy as most bands from the former two genres. Jim Morrison, Robert Plant and others weren't singers that could really holler, or properly use unclean, raspy techniques. And no, I never said no one in Rock could sing. "Kurt Cobain's singing was somewhat of an acquired taste, but still was original insofar he was the first real singer to actually YELL melodically, without sounding like a ditz or a moron." I meant that no one could properly utilize screaming techniques in singing and still retain a level of melody as well. Other singers who tried to emulate such a style (screaming with melody) either fell short and couldn't reach the high notes with it, or sounded unnatural/deformed. Kurt Cobain pioneered and perfected this method of melodic aggression, balancing vibrancy with rage.

Frank Black wasn't a tenth of the singer that Kurt Cobain was. And anyway, his screaming wasn't even close to being melodic, or sounding natural.

Cringe.

no this is

hahaha
Pixies are far better than nirvana and frank black singing is more in the vein of mark e smith.
I accept cobain singing is more "accesible" than smith and black but better? Nein. Nirvana is a more accesible version of pixies imho

What a retard

>Kurt Cobain pioneered and perfected this method of melodic aggression, balancing vibrancy with rage.
i'll give you that he has a very good singing voice but in no way did he pioneer screaming while being melodic, you said that others fell short before him and he "perfected" it so he couldn't have been the one to pioneer it

nirvana is way closer to wipers than pixies, the only thing they have similar is dynamics. With the wipers you have clear songwriting influence and guitar composition influence.

nice b8

>Kurt Cobain pioneered
Anyone over 25 stopped reading there, or earlier.
I like Nirvana a lot, but you need to improve your understanding of music history before you post things like this.

Nirvana is fucking garbage, if you enjoy them you have shit taste and probably think rap is music

>Anyone over 25 stopped reading there
So everyone on this board kept reading?

my dude

Nice one xD! How do we upvote here?

You're spending the best years of your life on Sup Forums. How does that feel?

Pal i'm into sonic youth, pixies, steve albini, the fall..., but rock nowadays is pretty dead (more if you consider mark e smith death). Just look the flavor of the month groups posted on mu. imho today the most interesting music comes from electronic music, hip hop and asia

*dad

Epic xD

Pinnacle of Nirvana? Yes.

ayy lmao

>electronic music, hip hop and asia
Pleb absolutely confirmed. Fucking hell...hip hop? LLMMMAAAAOOOOOOO

>i'm into sonic youth, pixies, steve albini, the fall
....the list goes on

rock music is not dead, there was a new unsane album that came out last year and there's tons of noise rock and punk bands just popping up and making music.

Ya but theyre shit, so rock is dead

So tell me good contemporary music, i'm curious

>unsane are shit
nope

Yup

Technical/progressive metal and fusion. Brainlets have a hard time getting into it but I believe in you.

But most of those new groups only replicate their influences without recreating them unlike the fall or can for example

neither most of those new groups (posted here) doesn't reach the heights imho of vu, frank zappa, krautrock, the fall, steve albini, pixies, sonic youth and others imho

Dont get me wrong there are pretty good rock groups nowadays but are a minority and you won't find them under the tag flavor of the month indie rock group. My poimt was the most interestig music comes from hip hop, electronic music and some asian music

I disagree with that, pal.

>asia
pop hype, sure
but what IDEAS are coming out of asia?

But im actually ino groups like ruins, melt banana, naked city or isis

Asia isn't only pop (although they have pretty good like some city pop or shibuya key), check the japanese music threads if you dont have problems with non english music.

name a band that is more sophisticated, musically - or a musically superior band.
...and you couldn't.

Musical sophistication =/= better

Mark e smith is dead so rock too imho

... and also the fall was one of the FEW rock acts that was releasing interesting music nowadays

But it is indeed a shitpost.

will do, thanks!

maybe not when you're a teen and you've just started "listening", but one you've been listening a while, it makes all the difference.

Give an example of appealing music made without sophistication.

Most rock music isn't sophisticated. Sophisticated music is classical.

And of grunge.
No. Illmatic and house music were.

How would you know, you're only 15?

>name a band that is more sophisticated, musically - or a musically superior band.
Radiohead

>Sophisticated music is classical
it may seem that way if know little to nothing about it

do you know what underrated means ?

>grunge

It actually is, the sounds a piano makes is objectively more sophisticated and elegant.

>objectively more [subjective opinion]
kys

No, it is.

Not really. If you played random notes discordantly it would sound abrasive and chaotic.

No, it was Nevermind Part Two.

Still a good album, though

>No, it was Nevermind Part Two.
How so?

Anyone who understands even the basics of counterpoint can tell you it's not as sophisticated as others would have you believe

>and probably think rap is music
i smell r/indieheads...

>Pinnacle of Alternative Rock

What is OK Computer?

Of course not, rap is a vocal delivery style. Hip-hop music on the other hand is, by definition, music. Also, explain why Nirvana weren't good.

Pinnacle of my dick.

Alice in Chains was better