didn't have jane levy panties to entice viewers

Hollywood was a mistake

>Paramount knew this all in advance

is it kino?

>it's a "write an entire script based on one pun" film
what the fuck were they expecting?

Did you even see the film? She gets raped by the tentacle car monster

Honestly the movie does look like kino

They washed their hands of this months ago.

I honestly think this is actually not a bad premise for a kids movie.

I dunno if the movie is any good, but everyone acts like the idea itself is awful, and I don't think that's true

>this is a better poster than 90% of the ones put out today
How

Pretty sure this is a Jew trick to write off loses

Why the fuck does a shitty CG cartoon about a fucking monster truck get a better movie poster than multi billion dollar franchises like Star Wars

hollywoodreporter.com/news/monster-trucks-leads-huge-115m-931495

10:18 AM PDT 9/21/2016

The company is taking the write-down months before the big-budget film opens in cinemas.
With the November departure of interim CEO Tom Dooley drawing most of the Viacom headlines on Wednesday, some may have missed news of a major write-down in the company's film unit for a title that is months away from hitting theaters.

Lowering its earnings forecast for the current fiscal fourth quarter, Viacom cited "a programming impairment charge of $115 million" that is "related to the expected performance of an unreleased film," in addition to other factors.

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter the movie in question is Monster Trucks, set for release on Jan. 13. The big-budget title has been delayed numerous times after originally being slotted to hit theaters more than a year ago.

>not a franchise
>no major stars
>no major director
>goofy B-movie premise based on a pun

This is a movie that should have 1/10th the budget it has, what the fuck did they spend $125 million on?

what does this mean

>complaining they spent money on an original idea

I feel like this isn't as bad as people are acting and they're getting angry against their own interests for no real reason

It was supposed to be released a year ago I think, but test audiences thought the monster looked too scary (as in children were literally screaming and running out of the theater) so they had to redo him

No idea why they didn't just pull the plug but I'm not gonna complain about possible kino

It hardly counts as an original idea when the whole movie premise is based on a pun

this is amazing

Would it be weird if I go to the cinema by myself to watch a children's movie?

this is what /our boy/ thought of it
youtube.com/watch?v=nSkC7rutLes

I'm not complaining about it being an original, but there's a point where higher production values cause the audience to have higher expectations. You cannot make a profit on this kind of movie if you give it a blockbuster budget, imagine a world where Evil Dead 2 had cost $60 million to make instead of $3 million, it would have been a massive failure even if it had quadrupled it's box office.
It should have been a shitty cloth puppet

ENDLESS TRASH

First time I saw the trailer for this I thought it was going to be a live action Speed Buggy movie.

archive.is/ChXky (because of fucking blockadblock)

>they attempted a franchise
>delay to this month, which is 'the true elephant graveyard of the movie business' "an epic miscalculation" according to the article

I honestly believe this was some kind of money laundering scheme by the Jews or Chinese in Hollywood

>a fucking 4 year old came up with the idea and his dad who was a paramount exec made it happen

why does this not surprise me

How on earth did this shit get greenlit?

Because it was pitched by the 4 year old son of an exec
I'm not even fucking joking

It would have not bombed if it had been an animated movie.

>all the cars are Dodge
lmao

yes

How can we meme getting Trump to make the IRS to audit the shit out of studios for all the product placement money that they don't declare?

>now this is podracing

This is only movie in like 15 years with a title based on a pun or common phrase that wasn't annoying as fuck.

even the poster is dogshit

Monster Trucks wasn't on the flight plan, but they expected it at the wreckage.

this is what you trouble yourself about at night?

I am gonna watch and probably fucking love it because it is something new,don't even think this concept has even been in a vidya game yet so that is how fucking new and origional it seems to me....now I think about it that prob why it flopped.

Original ideas can succeed, this flopped because it looked, and is, retarded.

They should have went full horror, with a hard R rating.

Something like the motor oil is from a supernatural beast, and it possesses the trucks and turns them into monsters.

The trucks kill people, but it just looks like car accidents, so everyone who witnesses the monster trucks are called crazy by the cops.

Being horror, you could reduce the budget drastically. Show it during Halloween.

that would have been a lot better

>Budget $125M

in b4 cult classic

>ywn a $2,000,000 budget to shoot a gritty western style movie based in the Australian outback
>Hollywood happily splerges 125 quadrillion on this shit
Why even live?

It pandered too much to the retard/Trump market.

Still more original than 80s reboot and capeshit #45925

Best thing? It's doing way better than Gone By Night.

lel

So basically a Maximum Overdrive remake?

JUST

It was never intended to be a real movie. Simply a tax scam and a way to employ Mr. Goldbergstein's 17 nephews as executive assistants at $200k a year each.

There was another doomed film that came out in the doldrum season. George Lucas wanted to make a movie to pander to girls(his daughter specifically). DOA.

I was thinking the same thing. Go the polar opposite of familyfare and have the cars eat people. And have some deranged kid drive them and get high off the people fueled exhaust fumes.

He's already auditioning the fed.

Strange Magic only lost $40m-$50m.

Fantastic 4 lost $75m. Shit like Viktor Frankestien or whatever with Daniel Radcliffe and James McAvoy only made $2m, fuck knows it's budget. Mordecai (which I liked the look of) was a bomb too. Tommorowland lost $100m.

So, not too bad.

In 2016, Jane Got A Gun had like $22m loss. Then there is shit like Max Steel which either had a budget of $10m (Wiki) and thus lost $4m. Or had a budget of $20m (IGN) and lost $14m.

Plus you got IGN saying, essentially, that Ghostbusters covered it's costs, it did... production costs. It does state that nobody knows the marketing cost, but the fact Feig said it needed $500m to make profit seems to suggest it was a huge flop.

Wait, no. I was looking at old data. Vikor Frankestien made $34.5m with a budget of $40m.

then you are fucking retarded

hopefully this wont setback her career

If this film has been made in the 80s you probably would have liked it.

It would have a smaller budget, the monster would have been a puppet and it wouldn't have been as "Hollywood" and gay where it has to meet certain criteria before they release it.

original =/ great

this is fucking stupid

setback(s) mean nudes dummy

>trucks
>white lead
>insulting cutesy monster they have under a leash

this is so white

kek

pandering to white people and casting white leads is box office suicide

Yes, I believe this film would be better suited to the taste of an intellectual gentleman such as yourself.

The poster deffo is. Don't know about the movie

I'm pretty sure this movie was made for some kind of money laundering scheme or something.

why else would they dump it in January?

Took my wife's son to see it last night, fun flick