Do you think EU will become a federation of states in your lifetime?

Do you think EU will become a federation of states in your lifetime?
Would it be a good thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

dw.com/en/russia-young-people-in-particular-have-a-positive-attitude-toward-the-eu/a-16931781
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

'no'

Yes
No

Yes I believe in it. And it would be a good thing as long as federal EU itself takes more protectionistic approach to globalization, fortress Europa if you will.

>as long as federal EU itself takes more protectionistic approach to globalization
You mean like Donald Trump?

Well yes, only federal EU could actually succeed in it whereas Trump is a wet fart politically.

>tfw I unironically like the idea of a federal Europe while being right wing

no
no

No and no.

Turkey, Norway and Switzerland should join the EU

Centralization of power is never good in my opinion, especially in this scale and form which lacks any resemblance of democracy.

no, it won't happen mainly due to the vast difference in country wealth and millennia of distrust between east and west. The cultural differences are huge. We have more in common with Japan than with Britain

>Turkey

no

What about Russia?

I would like that but I have doubts whether it will happen in my life.

i wish but it won't ever happen since a democratic union like the EU will never let some totalitarian police state ruled by a dictator and his cronies in

What about it. If it was up to them there would be no EU at all.

>We have more in common with Japan than with Britain
you are delusional. you have more in common with turkey than with britain, and you barely have ANYTHING in common with j*pan

you think Russia will ever become a proper democracy?

Didn't go for europeans so well last time.

>Chech Rep.

what kind of uneducated swine made this map, i am so angry right now

>to them
we russian people dream about joining the EU
dw.com/en/russia-young-people-in-particular-have-a-positive-attitude-toward-the-eu/a-16931781

we have had a couple of famous sumo wrestlers, the Japanese buy a lot of "Bulgaria" branded yoghurt and they have several schools with a Bulgarian language class. Same with schools here, in the last several years the Jap schools are filled up.
Meanwhile we know Britain as "that country that literally always tried to politically fuck us". We have absolutely no connection to them whatsoever.

doubt. putin and his oligarchs control literally everything and they'll never let the power go

HAHA

no

>the Japanese buy a lot of "Bulgaria" branded yoghurt and they have several schools with a Bulgarian language class. Same with schools here, in the last several years the Jap schools are filled up.
pretty sure you have even more english language oriented schools and the rest is just total bullshit. yoghurt lol

EU will federate and it will be a disaster, european countries have so much ridiculous regulation already and the EU will just continue to add on to it
more and more skilled and successful people will leave for anglo nations until europe just gets overtaken by actual third world countries

english =/= Britain. Learning English doesn't connect them culturally one bit. The rest is just your ignorance of the issue.

@78415492
fuck off kremlin bot

>european countries have so much ridiculous regulation already and the EU will just continue to add on to it
care to give an example?

I doubt it will ever happen.

wtf thats sad

pretty sure you do learn about british culture a lot, listen to classic british songs during your english lessons.
also pretty sure they have many goods in their shops from a lot of other countries, and if you think it somehow makes your country close to their country you're the ignorant one

>so much ridiculous regulation

The "ridiculous regulation" that anglomedia keeps on going about is actually necessary for a single market to operate. Regulated products need to be similar all over EU.

No and yes
I don't want European nations to become irrelevant

>pretty sure you do learn about british culture a lot, listen to classic british songs during your english lessons.
what? No. You just focus on the language. People don't learn English to become more British, they learn it to be able to get a job. But those who choose Japanese clearly have an interest in Japanese culture. I used the yoghurt as an example - same with rose oil etc. You'll find many more Bulgarian products in a Jap supermarket than in a British one

I don't want Russia to be part of the EU or any other international union of this kind, to be honest, I am Russian, not some "European", "Soviet" or "Eurasian". We should stay independent and sovereign, trading with everyone but uniting with no one.

Well, I dream about stable, democratic Russia which focuses on improving its own citizens life rather than threatening its neighboring countries. I think we bouth could enjoy such scenario, but it's just a dream.

>But those who choose Japanese clearly have an interest in Japanese culture.
i honestly doubt there are so many people in bulgaria who learn j*panese that it is statistically enough to say that the country as a whole is close to j*pan (and you're most likely just a weaboo anime-loving nerd who wishes it was true)

Humanity prooves over and over to achive imposible so who knows. I would feel safer if it did.

didn't necessarily say "close". But closer than Britain? Fuck yeah.

We are the ones being threatened, Pzhizhek

>Do you think EU will become a federation of states in your lifetime?
no
>Would it be a good thing?
yes but there would need to be some restrictions such as agreeing on a single official language and shooting "refugees" on the border without a warning

Hello fellow Chechno-Slovenian

No.
It'll be a federation of NUTS, and it won't be better than things are.

you can be a german, a spaniard, an italian etc AND your country can be a member of some union at the same time. russia is already a member of the eurasian union and CIS btw.
>We should stay independent and sovereign, trading with everyone but uniting with no one.
the problem is trading with a criminal gas station isn't something many people want. not to mention all the money goes to the pockets of putin and his friends anyway and an average russian person has no freedom to begin with.

But the problem is that neither the government not even the citizens of Russia aren't interested in
>stable, democratic Russia which focuses on improving its own citizens life

putin needs and loves that warmongering since it lets him distract the population from internal problems even easier

why not?

You forgot the formation of EU is French and German want to bully Russians?

That's one dedicated pidorashka

doubt. also how do you know there are fewer britainboos in bulgaria? do you have any stats?

By who?

>wanting to be part of EU
>ever

There are britainboos but they tend to just go to Britain and try to forget where they came from.

And I'm certain that even if the number is higher than the weebs, the Brits themselves see us as gyps who steal their healthcare and the Japs see us in a way more favorable light (even if it's due to ignorance)

28 years ago noone in Poland believed we could get out of the occupation. And yet we did. You don't know what will happen in 5,10 years. Putin won't live forever. Gold reserves are also not eternal..

because he is full of shit. people do want to improve the life but how can you do that in a totalitarian state that does its best to make sure the status quo will not be changed?

NATO/Europe. You included.

(((EU))) is dying

russia is and will always be much poorer than britain anyway

You are EU member in all but name only

:D Good to know you are afraid of our tiny army.. You really believe in what you are saying?

I'm not saying that Russia isn't poorer than the UK

>NATO
>tiny army
k

why is Toblerone in this picture?

>EU
>Democratic

TOP FUCKING KEK!

EU is just a massive lobby for big business. Politicians only do what they are told to because they are either idiots or they are hoping that the EU bureaucrats will give them a more lucrative sinecure than their political carrier can offer.

>Putin won't live forever.

Yeah, and what? There will be another totalitarian dictator who will come to power after putin's death. Nothing will really change.

>people do want to improve the life

No, they fucking don't, they prefer living in shit and convincing the others that they're rich, strong and powerful, meanwhile blaiming the government/putin/usa/europe/imf/jews/commies/literally everyone but themselves. Russia is shit only and solely because Russians are shit, there's no any other reason.

>EU is just a massive lobby for big business.
Where is the proof? :DDDDD

>There will be another totalitarian dictator

Maybe, Probably. But if everyone things this way nothing will change for sure. Good luck though, for both of us.

No we should not

>they fucking don't, they prefer living in shit and convincing the others that they're rich, strong and powerful
no, they don't

EU is one of the few things on this planet that is at least trying to keep in check big corporations. But don't count on convincing unconvinced.

We really fucking arent

You seem to hate current Russia. Why stay there then?

No, not in this form.
>map
why did you sank Britain Germany?

Why do you follow every EU regulation, are part of the Schengen zone and pay money to the EU?

I hope not

the better question is why didn't he sink Greece

>You seem to hate current Russia.

I strongly dislike not only Russia, but the Russian people in general.

>Why stay there then?

I would have moved out of Russia a long time ago if I could.

He's probably this guy

No
No lol

>Do you think EU will become a federation of states in your lifetime?
I hope so, but chances are slim to none. Politicians and elites prefer fragmentation and staking out their zones of influence. Deepening international cooperation in Europe to such extent would endanger their interest and influence.
>Would it be a good thing?
Yes, it would be a very good thing for all Europeans and a modestly good thing for rest of the world. Other powers could panic however, and it could be a problem for international crime and corporations, depending on how it would be done.

When you think about it, If EU was a country, it would make Switzerland its Vassal state.

Just be happy to ruin yourself, Germany. You don't need to pull in all of Europe for that.

I'm not Ukrainian, never been to Ukraine and have no relatives or friends there.

Maybe not a lobby for big business, but there are lobbies of some industries influencing the decision making process. Remember that retarded light bulb regulation from for years back that benefited no one except the industry making shitty "eco friendly" light bulbs?

they are afraid of the bcc

No and no

yes when we leave
No,it will destroy the identity of member states

Of course it is, like in any government. You will always have lobbyist near any decission making centre. Some deal with it better, some worse. Your exemple is something I would agree with. I even know more of those like the one you mentioned. But there are other exeples like finning large US corporations abuseing the tax system of EU member states. Nothing is black/white.

Love how triggered people get every time a german makes an EU thread.
if it became a federation it would make the continent stronger, relevant bla bla bla something money something.
However we would have to sacrifice our cultural identities to a specific grade which is the European nations trademark around the world.
I would say it is better to not make this federation happen but I see this more emotional than logical.

I don't understand why would federalised EU necessary mean the loss of our local cultures. We melt culturally anyway, regardless of the Union doings. If anything, EU (so we) pay a lot of € to preserve local customes, languages etc.

Why has Germany not been dissolved yet? Eurocucks are so fucking pathethic.

why are you not part of italy?

War within EU would benefit absolutely no one except EU's enemies.

Not likely

No not for most of the country's