Let's settle this once and for all

Let's settle this once and for all

Did he do anything wrong?

No. He created the first country of the wasteland

Keeping the wives for himself when he was proven to have defective sperm. If he actually cared about the future he would have bred each one individually with the healthiest warboys.

Putting aside his water hoarding and being a despot, he fucking wasted so many resources chasing his whores.

I suppose but he would naturally want to keep his bloodline alive and improve their genes at the same time

Plus having a son would mean a peaceful transition of power when he dies so no rebellion or in-fighting

What was wrong with the big guy 4 u?

Retarded.

He hoarded the water to conserve it but also to keep the peasant population under control

If they grew too many, he risked rebellion. Look how they tore apart his body. They werent loyal and he knew that

They weren't loyal because they survived on water being splashed on them. Smarter water rationing that wasn't so wasteful could have helped control a growing population.

He didn't need a growing population

He should have kept them dependent for 3 generations so loyalty and them seeing themselves as part of his empire were bred in

those fucking "peasants" were completely useless to him, they did nothing.

it was charity

Yeah, it seemed really silly to just have a waterfall dump water onto the ground when it's supposedly one of the most valuable resources around. Especially since everybody only had flimsy buckets.

Rictus had an IQ of 60-70 at best. He was literally retarded.

Agreed.

He pretty much stifled there being a healthier society that could function more civilized, and prosper.

Although it is unclear if a more treacherous civilization was what humans would need to survive better. Assuming our current technological lead to what became a wasteland, it is unclear as to whether humans could progress into a Utopian :Star Trek-ish" future given societies history of giving into the weak, and letting greed control what would cultivate a weaker society.

Humans need struggle to make them stronger. Perhaps his intentions were part of a bigger plan.

There's a chance his kid with the one that got thrown out the big rig wasn't defective. Physically it was "perfect in every way" and might not have been retarded like the big guy was. If so it may have been problems with the women and not Joe.

It's not like they had anyway to figure out if the baby was going to grow up retarded.

He left the citadel unguarded.

His grand narrative about "riding shiny and chrome" was shitty and death-bound and clearly didn't take root in 70% of his population. It basically ensured a brutish strain of zealotry and ignorance would dominate his society's culture for the next three generations at least

The water is clearly going to run out and yet he clearly had no long-term goals.

The fact that he is not too troubled about having a suitable heir shows that he is providing only for his own life and does not care for his descendants. Basically, he should have stepped aside for Furiosa, it was her turn.

Based his economy on... oil, I guess? Not entirely clear what he had the peasants doing for work, clearly they weren't working well since they basically spit on his corpse.

Yes.

The whole operation was shoddy. You can't govern out of fear. Eventually someone better than you will not give a shit.

Not having a monarchy just creates a civil war when he dies

Would have been the only thing to save his ass when Furiosa rebelled.

The monarchy, I mean.

Example old as time: People are unhappy, replace the guy at the top.

He had to breathe with an oxygen tank and was pretty stupid

I thought he just had the tank so he could have clean oxygen like his father.

>to conserve it

That's why he had such an inefficient release mechanism?

He got off on having a cult of personality based on him being a god.

I'll give you that Fusiosa keeping the tap open for a long time at the very end was rather typical women over-charity though. That shit will run out in two minutes flat.

Maybe. I always thought they both needed it, otherwise I dunno why Joe would latch it so tight that it rips his face off