It's a "Sup Forums tries to talk about Tolkien but everyone posting learned all they know about his material from Peter...

>it's a "Sup Forums tries to talk about Tolkien but everyone posting learned all they know about his material from Peter Jackson and poorly edited wiki articles" thread

Seriously stop. Just stop. Will you leave the Tolkien discussion to /tg/ and /lit/, people have actually read his books there.

Umm... but i have read the books

Who are you quoting?

>I'm making shit up the thread

I have read LOTR 3 times, The Hobbit probably 5 times and The Silmirilion twice you faggot

Actually all these threads are giving me a desire to read them all again, it's been too long

Really irritates me when Sup Forums posters pull the old "the ring only made hobbits invisible because it enhanced their stealthy qualities".

If you're so smart, tell me the TRUE reason they couldn't take the Eagles to Mordor. There is one actual answer and I bet you won't fucking get it cus you're a fucking secondary.

What I hate is how no-one uses the old-school art anymore, where the hobbits all have the faces of old men and everything is like the cover of a 70s metal album

That and "goblins are a subspecies of Orc" which becomes a matter of serious dispute EVERY TIME.

SYNONYMS, THEY'RE SYNONYMS, NOT TAXONOMIC CLASSIFICATIONS

Because the ring had to be transported to Mordor by stealth. Time was not a factor. It never was a factor.

If time had been important the Fellowship wouldn't have dragged their feet leaving Rivendell or have taken a month's vacation in Lothlorien.

It was absolutely vital that Sauron never be given any indication of his enemies' true plans. If he for any reason even suspected that the ring was being taken to Mordor he would have taken the simple step of sealing his forge.

Also, eagles would have been susceptible to the ring's influence, Sauron could literally mind control someone by looking directly at them, and the ring couldn't simply have been dropped into the mountain's caldera, it had to be unmade IN THE FORGE.

>it had to be unmade IN THE FORGE.

It was literally dropped into the volcano.

Specifically in the forge Sammath Naur where it was made. Not depicted in the films.

>never finished the books
>never finished the films
poetry

>it's a "tolkien scholars" try to justify their autism on a meme board episode

lmao you people are pathetic

>Saruman has crossed Orcs with Goblin-Men

Movie only dialogue.

Can you explain oh master, why does the West-gate say "Aran Moria" on its inscription? Moria is a negative term meaning Black Chasm. It should say "Aran Hadhodrond."

I just picked up the first book at a thrift store for 50 cents.

Good stuff. Tolkien really is a big-picture guy. How do people not like all this world-building?

also wtf Frodo is literally 50 years old when his quest begins. I get he wanted to show just how pastoral the Hobbits were, but this is just odd.

>it's op wants to brag about his knowledge of Tolkien, but is too shy to just to come out with it
Pretty cute tbqh

He's the same age as Bilbo was in The Hobbit. Also keep in mind that possessing the Ring prevents aging, so physiologically he's 33.

>Tolkien really is a big-picture guy
for you

And Aragorn was 80 something.

People don't age in Middle-earth like they do in real life. As far as Hobbits go Frodo was not even middle-aged.

you call that a horse?

Finally, someone who knows about the forge.

well isn't that because Aragorn has ancient blood in him? He's like the same race of men that Galdalf is, isn't he?

He has Numeorian blood, yeah.

And Gandalf isn't descended from any men or Elves or anything. He's a spirit inhabiting a body he created for himself.

>It's an OP projects all over Sup Forums with his insecurities over not being able to read.

It's a what now? An "OP projects all over Sup Forums with his insecurities over not being able to read?"

>tfw you will never fuck your sister again.

edgelord done right

>le projection maymay
pseud detected

I read 2 towers, rotk and the hobbit

the only reason I was never able to read the fellowship is because the school library didn't have a copy

start orcposting already you mother fuckers

>There are people in this thread RIGHT NOW who think Gil-galad was Fingon's son

/tg/ is horrible at lore for pretty much anything, they consistently get basic shit for 40k, LoTR, and even DnD wrong. Hell I remember one time that a guy wrote a completely bullshit post about how ork regeneration works and every poster in the thread ate it up to make it look like they actually read 40k novels.

Turin isn't an edgelord he's just a dick