The Neon Demon

WTF is this arthouse-tier garbage? Sup Forums said it was good, RLM said it was good, but it's about 60 minutes of content stretched out to nearly 2 hours. And we're supposed to believe Elle Fanning is a 10/10?

Go watch Starry Eyes instead. Better acting, better pacing, better story, better gore. The only redeeming factor in TND is the lighting.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XCkHMr7YQ9w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you didn't get it

Starry Eyes is really fucking great and works better as a horror movie but like said you don't understand ND.

Literally the only thing to get is the style. It should be a music video, not a feature film.

It's a shitty movie. I feel so bad for Jenna, her agent sucks massive balls. She's a good actress, but she can't land a role that isn't horse crap these days.

>Arthouse is garbage

you don't actually like movies, come back when villeneuve or iñàrritu put out a new movie and you can post in one of those threads you intolerable pleb

she would have been a great Robin or Batgirl or whatever the fuck direction Snyder was going to go with her character before changing his mind.

Maybe you can watch that kind of crap when you're high or tripping and just want something on in the background. But The Neon Demon was supposed to be horror. By the time anything even slightly horrific happens you're falling asleep from boredom.

you're too dumb sorry, time to go back to watching silly little movies for dumb boys

>tfw to intelligent too dislike neon demon

>RLM

you keked yourself

I'm not saying you're less of a person for your taste or anything, you just don't have the mental or cultural aptitude to judge movie quality and should cease from trying to do so unless it was made by Ridley Scott or Colin Trevorrow

>actually falling for the waste your time watching artsy fartsy shit meme
lmao now you're closer to death and you'll never get that time back

I switched to 1.2x speed after a whole hour passed with nothing really happening, so I didn't waste as much as I could have.

jesus christ

I used to hang out on an anglophone quasi-salafist forum for entertainment and one guy explained how he edited films manually to remove their scores because music is haram and nothing but the voice is sunnah. I'm not sure if that, or the casualness of this comment is worse. This is the "ketchup on a well done steak" of movies

doesn't he have to, you know, actually LISTEN TO THE MUSIC in order to remove it from the film?

muslims are literally a cancer on this fucking earth.

If there's a dubbed version, you could subtract the waveform of the dubbed version from the original, and assuming the audio lines up perfectly it will remove the music. This will also completely fuck up the speech, but you could use the output of this process to control a noise gate and use that to remove music without harming the speech. But you can't do anything about the music that's playing at the same time as the speech without manual editing, and even that won't be perfect.

The Neon Demon is a good film up until the last half hour

Spends all this time setting up these characters, Los Angeles is slowly bearing down on the character, becoming more evil and dangerous and then... lets just have some people chase her around a house.

>the only thing to get is the one thing I understood if only because the movie beat me over the head with it

hes right u know

>every single post ITT isn't 'Who is this neon demon?'

you've fallen off, Sup Forums

Neon Demon is pleb bait. It's the kind of vapid entry level garbage that is aesthetic but not deep which appeals to the mindless masses of basic bitches who want to pretend to be deep.

>RLM said it was good

just like every horror movie ever

>RLM said
Kill yourself

You're right, only Jay praised it. I should have paid more attention and noticed that nobody with good taste recommended it.

Refn films are about pretty pictures. You cucked yourself into thinking the story was important.

>giving a shit about what youtubers say or recommend
>too stupid to get a simple, straightforward movie such as The Neon Demon
It all makes sense now

Story is obviously important. If all you want is pretty pictures then why waste your time sitting through a whole movie?

>People accuse Neon Demon of being a two hour music video
>The end credits are basically a music video

youtu.be/XCkHMr7YQ9w

Based Refn.