Can we agree that Jim carey was a better count olaf than Meme-Faggot Harris?

Can we agree that Jim carey was a better count olaf than Meme-Faggot Harris?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WrfxIymvEhQ
youtube.com/watch?v=R_TAZ3JrQNs
youtube.com/watch?v=UXAZ50HOj6s
youtube.com/watch?v=QUKg16Zvwu8
youtube.com/watch?v=1Nb7VTuGv-Q
youtu.be/y4Eh-xpcJsY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

hard act to follow

The whole original series feels like a half assed wes anderson film with awkward editing, that's more focused on making sure it's different from the movie than on telling a story.

No, NPH was much better. Jim Carrey was a little TOO Jim Carrey.

I like both.
Carrey was a little more creepy.
But NPH is better at playing dress-up.

yes. better violet, too.

daily reminder Carrey is an awful human being who led a young woman to suicide

tpbp

Have you thought about my penis today, Sup Forums?

This is true but he's also a victim of himself

Yeah, but current violet is better now due to being younger.

WRONG

I can't remember the movie but I thought the tv show was a little too influenced by NPH and it puts me off when I hear it and the jokes are cheesey which annoys me because I thought the books were slightly more subtle making it darker
anyway I was talking to my room mate who was like "oh shit the one with Neil Patrick Harris? is that out yet" so I'm assuming the NPH effect was intentional
I do like the setting and general background

the older sister should be taller than the boy, that seemed like a big part of the book, also the kids in the tv show seem card board, works better in the books because they're like everymen except a bit smarter, doesn't work too well on the show

also I didn't recall the parents being alive in the books, I feel like the end of episode 1 spoilered me
story?

>I can't remember the movie but I thought the tv show was a little too influenced by NPH and it puts me off when I hear it and the jokes are cheesey which annoys me because I thought the books were slightly more subtle making it darker
The books definitely had humor like the show has.

>also I didn't recall the parents being alive in the books, I feel like the end of episode 1 spoilered me

Keep watching.

Can you even imagine how awful is would be to work with Jim Carey on set? Just imagine: You're trying to get the final scene for the day, you're all tired and hot, but Jim's found a pineapple with a long leaf and he's running around like a hyperactive autistic child mimiking something he saw on Youtube once. "Oh hey there, Mr Long Leaf, what are you doing today?" Then he mimics the pineapple speaking "WELL JIM BOY, I'M GOING FOR A HAIRCUT AND A MA-SAAAAGE. tHEN i MIGHT GO FOR A PIZZA!?"

And Jim does the Jim Carey laugh, and everyone on set has to laugh too, or he'll carry on until everyone's laughing. So the director calls for the next take, but now he's moving around the set with the pineapple, talking to each person individually. "Boom operator? Ha, do they let you even go on planes any more?!" "Gaffer? You look far too young for that!" Then he notices you, which you've been dreading since the start of filming. "Best boy? Woah, my momma told me I was the best boy! What do you say to that?" But he actually seems to be looking for an answer, and he actually looks angry. "I-it's just the job title, Mr Carey" but his mood's fucking turned. He turns back to the set, and everyone's looking at you like you've done something wrong and you vow to never, ever be in a Jim Carey film again.

>The books definitely had humor like the show has.
not as in your face though
Count Olaf used to be creepy
then he did that big intro singalong thing, and like NPH's general comedy style
the books it was like oh shit it's Olaf, and now the kids are going to run to some other depressing shit hole
the tv series feels like modern family and what wacky characters will we meet this week

For all its faults I really like the movie. The whole sepia-drenched design was absolutely stunning.
It didn't help that the film just rushed from plot point to plot point without allowing any room for reflection on what was happening. Which was a shame because the performances of all the cast were damn good, just a bit garbled for those who hadn't read the books.

how have I never seen this pasta
>newfag
I've been here since 2011

I purely put all the blame on Emily Browning's violet for turning me into a cunnisseur. But saying that, i have to give Netfilx credit for getting the new violet to look pretty close to the movie version. The only thing i hate is the clothes are all wrong. The clothes are too normal for her character.

It's a fact dude. Women become less attractive as they age.

>not as in your face though
yes it is

>Count Olaf used to be creepy
And he is. Just not 24/7. He only really gets creepy most of the time in the later books. Which this series hasn't covered yet.

>then he did that big intro singalong thing
If you're talking about the thing with his troupe, that's a very Olaf thing to do. He's an actor after all.

>the books it was like oh shit it's Olaf, and now the kids are going to run to some other depressing shit hole
It wasn't much different in the show. Clearly you haven't read the books recently.

>the tv series feels like modern family and what wacky characters will we meet this week
It absolutely does not.

agreed
this was a much better ending than the season 1 tv show
youtube.com/watch?v=WrfxIymvEhQ

this series is so fucking bad, what a disappointment

wrong link, this has the scene leading up to it, which is crucial

youtube.com/watch?v=R_TAZ3JrQNs

>tfw you realized jim is the source of the pixar/ dreamworks face

you're right, I haven't read the books in ages

Comedians are horrible people
News at 11

Christ, that cinematography. Why oh why didn't this do better at the box office so we could get a sequel? Is the world full of plebs who only want explosions and sex in their films?

They both gave similar performances IMHO.

Though the director of the film indulged Carrey. The retarded dinosaur imitation scene comes to mind.

>The clothes are too normal for her character.
After is it any wonder? Browning is pure sex. She's dressed like a lolita fantasy. This is

sexualization of minors is WRONG

I don't know. All those dresses I keep think, this time when she bends down to pick up the kid we're going to get a nice upskirt.

The movie had a perfect opening
youtube.com/watch?v=UXAZ50HOj6s
reasonably attractive orphans

plebs gonna pleb
youtube.com/watch?v=QUKg16Zvwu8
As a kid, I used to think that being faithful to the source material was the most important thing. But now I think that a good piece of art can, and should, stand on its own.

>"Violet is pretty cute, I wonder how old the actress really is?"
>13

Fuck you Sup Forums

I think I'll watch this movie tonight. It has been 10 or so years since I saw it.

Yeah I looked that up too. Thought she was at least 16. Being 13 doesn't change the fact that she's cute.

I've mentioned it in another thread but I wish he was portrayed a bit more competently. He seems like to much of a buffoon with all those jokes about him not knowing what complicated words mean.

The only time he ever seemed threatening was when he smacked Claus across the face. Otherwise he just reminds me of Dick Dastardly. The only reason he's a danger to the kids is because the adults are all idiots.

Jim Carrey did a much better job of making each costume/identity unique
youtube.com/watch?v=1Nb7VTuGv-Q

When I saw this movie one of my overriding thoughts was "how can all the adults be so fucking dumb and not see what's going on?".
Trouble is, as I've got older, it does seem like most people are like that. So wrapped up in their own problems that they can't see the obvious even when it's right under their nose.
They're not deliberately trying to be stupid but they've built up so many filters to keep out the horrors and reality of the world that when it comes to noticing things up close they're completely oblivious. Unfortunately I think it also applies to me at times as well, nobody is immune.

the opening credits song for the show is so shit and offputting

I think the idea was to have a visual form of the "stop reading this book" snickett had in his novels.

Olaf's troupe is 10/10 though.

>Do you have a hall pass?

The film was so good. All the designs were top notch, captured exactly how the books felt. based lubezki cinematography too and thomas newman score.

>The only reason he's a danger to the kids is because the adults are all idiots.

That's the best type of villain for scaring children. Adults seem utterly invincible, capable of vanquishing any foe so a relatively weak monster which they do not perceive is far scarier than a strong monster which the adults recognise.

Olaf is more of a creepy rapist in this one.
>Try to marry her and then kiss her
>Tries to take her to Peru
>"I'll touch whatever I want"

> The only reason he's a danger to the kids is because the adults are all idiots.

Isn't that kind of the point? It's meant to be kids adventure show.

>She's dressed like a lolita fantasy.

But this is closer to the book character than the Netflix show.

That's a deleted scene is it not?

In the show, it's incredilby unbelievable that they could believe Count Olaf as Sham. Compared to pic related

I mist have missed that when I read them.

I've always envisioned Olaf to be an old school actor who is good at becoming his part physically, how else would he be able to get all those jobs, but just can't stop himself hamming it up and eventually giving himself away. Carrey at least seemed to understand that.

I just can't take NPH seriously at the role. I don't like his delivery, his jokes aren't working for me and he doesn't come across as sinister at all time, especially since he delivers the creepier lines the same way. The continually raised eyebrow doesn't help either. Plus the makeup is awful and doesn't make him look imposing at all- his head looks comedically large especially when compared to the rest of his body. His troupe is actually great I think, as is Patrick Warburton surprisingly, but NPH just is not working for me.

came here to say this pretty much

>Plus the makeup is awful and doesn't make him look imposing at all- his head looks comedically large especially when compared to the rest of his body
this but i feel like it only applies to his count olaf. the other disguises are perfect.

>A SERIES OF REDDIT EVENTS

don't like warburton's snicket at all. really hate how he floats in and out of scenes, feels really amatuerish like something out of a drama class where people are doing 'tableaus'. plus a lot of his delivery is really wooden and his script is kind of poor too.

Is Beatrice actually Elaine?

>cunnisseur

Same happened to me... Fuck my life

They both make me rock hard

I think its the huge lips

Beatrice is their mom

>story?
he sexted his girlfriend

Anyone else cum to the new Violet yet?
I really want to stick my cock in her mouth rub my cock on her pink little tongue.

0.05 lire have been deposited into your Sup Forums GOLD account

This pretty much

Man fuck everyone who complained about muh books when this came out, this was a great standalone film inspired by the novels which devolved into muddled overblown trash.

cute girl

Yeah this pretty much.

I've only watch the first episodes (Part 1 and 2), but I've been feeling the same.

NPH is a totally fine comic actor but doesn't fit the role here.

The comic troup are all hilarious, Patrick Warburton is an absolutely inspired casting choice I never would have guessed to choose myself.

Cinematography isn't bad but as someone mentioned earlier it's very Wes Anderson and sanitised - there's no depth to anything. Tonally it's a bit too light too. Jim Carrey could actually come across totally sinister - and the film had weight. This doesn't. Nothing sticks emotionally.

It's not illegal to be attracted to what 14-15 year olds, or however old she is. It's just illegal to touch.

She's 13, pedo.

The entire movie was better than this shit series.

Yes, because Carrey doesn't use his normal speaking voice.

People shit on him for this, but think about how slutty modern women are. I guarantee she was constantly telling him how she was thinking about his cock. Suddenly he reciprocates and he's the bad guy.

Still not illegal.

Pedophils the thread.
Why don't you disgusting people hang yourself

And the baby's not even CGI.

A pedo is someone attracted to prepubescents. she is not a prepubescent.

Wait what the fuck? What did he do? What do people shit on him for?

She doesn't really show any outward signs of pubescence, so that's not a guarantee.

let off some steam Bennett

absolutely disgusting

I really don't get the hate for the film, especially the hate it was receiving here, during the buildup to the TV show.

Fantastic acting, an intriguing story, impressive gothic visuals, distinct soundtrack, and genuinely funny at times - all in a children's film. I mean I'm not even talking about it being just a good film, it must be one of the best family movies around.

bump you fags
what did carrey do

Ive hated NPH as a singer ever since he did Company.

I just wanted to skip the songs.

I don't know why they had him do the intro since it's not from Olaf's perspective. It's just weird.

I loved the songs, especially the last episode, but Nph can't into disguises, Carrey did the persona's better and the voices. Loved both of the Montgomery's, Poe is more accurate in the movie but I love how much of a clueless idiot he is in the show.

Probably because they wanted a cast member to do it and he was the only one who could sing well enough.

google it you fucking plonker

I don't know, NPH managed to pull off the creepy vibes with Violet pretty well. I found Carrey to be a bit too hammy, whereas NPH managed to switch between creepy and hammy really well.

I mainly hated the ending, but overall I thought it was decent. I feel like they butchered the original plot near the end.

Is it just me or is NPH's head WAAYYYY too big for his body?

Yes
youtu.be/y4Eh-xpcJsY

I don't know how they expected to make a sequel to that ending, but for a self-contained film I thought the ending was fine.

she's 5'1"

Is his name really Meme-Faggot Harris? How did his parents get away with this?

Haven't given this a watch yet. Is it any good? How much SJW shit have they injected into it?

From the trailer it looks like they may have blackwashed one of the characters?

I prefer the climax being reliant on them just being clever rather than deus ex machina, but I guess it works even I'd have preferred to see a resolution that just relied on their smarts. I'm probably biased because I liked the books too much and deviating from them just pissed me off.

>How much skeleton shit have they injected into it?
Josephine and the Poe family are black, Monty is Aasif Mandvhi, and Sir and Charles are confirmed gay, but it only comes up as jokes