Is cinema really dying or is it just another meme?

Is cinema really dying or is it just another meme?

the industry is making more money than ever

>charge 49.99 for crab legs PLUS tip!
>tickets are 15 dollars
>subpar seats
>ads before movie
>"W-Wha-Why are we dying?"

>20000% mark up crab legs

Buy your fucking own you stupid cunt. Get one of those fake fat bellies (unless you're actually a fat fuck) and put it inside the material. If you're actually a fat fuck, put them up your fat folds.

What's wrong with ads before movies?

>he has to sneak food into his cinema

How is it living in Soviet Russia?

My cinema has the penis inspection guy check for food in our pockets.

BLACKED doesn't get theatrical release unfortunately.

>pay to watch commercials

>I can`t survice 90 minutes without stuffing carbs and sugar in my face.
sad

Hollywood should stop blowing all their money on overpriced actors and special effects and pass those savings to the customer. 12 bucks for a single showing of a movie is just fucking silly.

and this

>not sitting their with your buds/date cracking jokes at how schlock upcoming movies look

Lmao trailers are awesome

But he rest of these are true, I work at cinemark, popcorn buckets are $8, sodas are $5.50, tickets are $12, and candy is $4

Why would you want to pay to sit through 20 minutes of commercial before your movie starts?

My local small release/indie theater just increased their prices again. It's over.

The number of cinema screens in Australia has risen more than 150 per cent between 1980 and 2015, from 829 to 2,080. After a decline in the mid-1980s, growth was particularly strong in the three years to 1999, when screen numbers rose by 150 to 175 per year. Following several years of gradual growth, 2007 recorded the first fall in screen numbers since 1987. This was reversed in 2008, with growth continuing since then. However, the screens are increasingly concentrated.

Shut the fuck up faggot. People didn't go to the movies to hear some 14 year old cucks crack shitty oh so witty jokes.

>role crinkling popcorn bags through the entire movie

>that person who checks their phone every few minutes and lights up the while theater

>people who talk the entire movie

>that dumb kid who can't sit still and needs to lean forward in his seat

The movie theater experience is fucking awful and I'm glad it's dying

previews=/=commercials
I don't seeing previews for TV shows or movies or even those weird "GO TO THE MOVIES TO SEE A PLAY!" type things, but I'm not paying 14 fucking dollars PLUS TIP to watch 20 minutes of Sprite ads.

luckly my kinocenter doesn't have the "no singles policy"

i'd rather watch one of those windows screen saver things that move around the screen with music playing in the background and learn about how much savings i could get switching to geico

already bad enough ads are on tv and literally everything else

>crab legs are carbs and sugar

What fucking shithole do you go to?

than learn*

Right instead you pay $50000 a year.

>not sitting their with your buds/date cracking jokes at how schlock upcoming movies look
Then why don't you just get there early and allow the rest of us to watch the fucking movie we paid to see at the posted starting time?

When you're an imageboard person who uses adblock it's actually really jarring to see blatant ads again. I don't watch TV anymore so to go to a theater and and see "NEW COKE LITE FEATURING INTERRACIAL COUPLES AND DANCING AND SKATEBOARDS" is bizarre as fuck. Is that what all ads are like these days? Is that what normies ingest 24/7?

>not knowing how to whisper jokes into a girls ear
>not knowing how to sneak in a kiss and bite on the ear while you're at it

Jeez user maybe its possible to have fun without bothering other people in the theater

Also this is why we have reserved seating

>reserve seat
>stay a little late at the restaurant before with bros
>or spend a little extra time in the car making out with your date and grabbing her titties
>show up to your seat 15 minutes after it was scheduled to start and now you get to comfortably enjoy your movie without the ads

Lmao you guys are so fucking whiny just enjoy your movie and don't pay/support any of the other bullcrap

Pretty much this. When I was a kid movies cost like 5€. Nowadays they are 20€.

>w-w-why are we dying!?!? w-where have all the customers gone?!?!!? PIRACY IS KILLING MOVIES!!!!!!!111111

>invented before television
>after home televisions get really really good you can't sell television's ancient ancestor anymore

GEE I WONDER WHY NOBODY WANTS TO GO WATCH A BIG TELEVISION ANYMORE

yes

not every cinema has reserved seating compadre

Yeah I know, but I'm still not truly bothered by all the advertisements that go on, I just ignore em and talk to whoever Im with or crack jokes at how stupid they are

Why is Sup Forums so angry at everything its like we hate movies or something

Plus its just a nice comfy feeling showing up early to a movie you know will be crowded, since you get to pick your comfy seats and your guest can hold your spot while you go piss or buy snacks, the commercials really aren't that big of a deal

It's not like it's disturbing you from watching the movie though, as long as it's not long.

Kill yourself

Cinema will never die. Its a communal experience and no other medium offers that experience

Except for living rooms and live streams which are better and cheaper in every way, right?

Right?

Right?

Right?

Right?

Righkillyourself

any time CEOs aren't making a bajillion gorillion zillion dollars it's like the end of the world to them. cinema is fine.

Movies are making even more money than before though?

Yeah, all that not talking really is sewing the community together.

Yeah because you invite random fucks into your living room righg? Degenerate cuck

You don't need to talk to each other to create a communal atmosphere. Its the shared experience of the mundane and the fantastic that makes the occasion great

I'd pay extra for a whites only theater

>Is that what all ads are like these days? Is that what normies ingest 24/7?
I occasionally see TV, like every 5 years or something, and each time the ads startle me completely.

They are unbelievably satanic every time. Then, after about 10 ads you get used to it.

this.

Cinemas are fucking horrid these days.

The only decent local one gets all the movies over a month late and by that time 1/2 of them have leaked

they post this article every year

Just go to a movie with subtitles

>literally not joking

Oh you have a 2 ton IMAX analog projector along with the 98 feet high screen right at your home? Sweet!

You have a living room with perfect acoustic treatment and a sound system with multi-thousand watt amplifiers and speakers even behind the screen which has microscopic holes throughout for the sound to get through? Nice!

You are one lucky individual wow

It's just a standard over exaggerating clickbait title

Neither do 90% of cinemas you faggot

Well it's not my fault you live in a shithole

Every year some box office record gets broken, so cinema is doing great.

It's just Hollywood propaganda, greedy Jews make more and more money every year and yet will never be satisfied.

Cinema isn't dying, just theatres are.

Oh and Hollywood is crashing, but movies won't die. Silly clickbait.

>The only decent local one gets all the movies over a month late and by that time 1/2 of them have leaked
Except this year. And all those good movies played locally for like a week.

I honestly can't wait for theatres to die. They're so outdated.

1. Movie theaters are suffering. The filmmaking industry is doing great.
2. Hollywood probably won't last another decade, at least not in its current form.

But that's fine because I wouldn't mind if Hollywood got glassed at this point.

M-maybe they c-could allow singles in now ;^)

So what's the next big step in Hollywood's master plan?

Pin the blame on the donkey

once VR is well evolved you'll be able to pick who you want to watch shit with.

All creativity is gonne to tv. Nothing but franchices and safe playing at the movies. meh

I don't mind paying for crab legs cause my theater chef is pretty great. What pisses me off is you have to pay to use the showers now. I don't have a shower in my van so that's the only time a week i'm able to take a shower is when I go to the theater.

>All creativity is gonne to tv

Lmao television is the most basic visual medium, every tv show has a repetitive structure and a focus exclusively on characters and the narrative, dismissing all the other filmmaking elements.

You could try and watch movies not made by Hollywood wow crazy I know

yes, and capeshit killed it

>When I was a kid

Inflation laddie...
When I was a kid I could buy a week's worth of lunch with what I get a coffee and a croissant now.
But in the same manner, in pure numbers, I earn more than both my parents combined did back then.

literally a childs opinion. im tired of that tv golden age meme

The moment the multiplexes started popping up and the old theaters started closing, kinema was over for me. It's been 15 years where I live and I'm glad people are coming around to the fact that mall-cinemas just aren't the right environment to watch movies in.

This.

Imagine if the theatre was in shopping malls, sounds ridiculous but if it's movies then it's okay for some reason.

>then it's okay for some reason.
It's a much baser form of art

The Young Pope would like a word with you

The only really major problem with tv is when they don't know how many seasons they're going to have, so have to stretch out the story adding random plotlines as they go and eventually run out of ideas. If they had a specific amount of episodes to work with from the start it would be better to plot out how long to resolve the main storyline.