Hey user...

Hey user, you told me you loved music and I honestly find it so attractive when a boy is interested in music as much as me. So surely you know which key the second or subordinate theme would usually be written in sonata form, given a principle theme in C minor, correct? I mean you know as well as I do that there's exceptions to the rule, but traditionally which key is it? I'll try listening to your favorite bands Merzbow and The Swans, if you get it right! I know you will though. You listen to more music than me haha

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonata_form#Exposition
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Haha shuddup silly ho

F

In a minor key the second theme is usually in the relative major - Eb major.

>I'll try listening to your favorite bands Merzbow and The Swans
Fuck that, listen to Lassus, Bach and Schnittke

I would just turn 360 degrees and walk away

G

Name 10 good sonatas that do this

bitch ion fuckin know. music theory is a waste of a degree and you should feel bad

don't call me a boy dumbass talentless hoe

ew go away you self hating MRA.

i have a decent understanding theory (at least is it applies to guitar) and i don't really know what you're talking about. i probably should know what sonata form is though, unless it's a classical song structure model or something equally academic and dry.

>Name 10 good sonatas that do this
search for some minor key sonatas

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonata_form#Exposition

Transition, T – in this section the composer modulates from the key of the first subject to the key of the second. If the first group is in a major key, the second group will usually be in the dominant key. However, if the first group is in minor key, the second group will usually be the relative major.

when you try and sound humble/modest but you come across as an irritating pretentious cunt

uh i learned it over a few weeks just watching youtube videos. you might not have meant to imply that theory and academia are one in the same but yeah they're really not and music theory students are indeed wasting their money.

>it's a classical song structure model
That's what it is.

I can respect that. assuming you aren't still larping as the girl in op, of course

lol

>music theory is a waste of a degree
not if you're serious about learning how music works.

U can modulate to the V 2, U can't learn the real music theory from wikipedia bro you just need to watch youtube videos of neets analyzing videogame soundtracks .

won't worry about that then. song structure is a pretty intuitive thing, for that its more useful just to just know the characteristics of modes and ascending/descending key changes, or just how to embellish the same progression to bring the song back to life in a subtle way.

the guy was right i really do sound like a pretentious irritating cunt here. sorry, it's not intentional and i realise most people here aren't going to give a fuck about any amount of theory.

i'm not op
while i don't understand every detail of music theory, i don't believe it's very complicated by comparison to other scientific/mathematical fields. once you've learned fundamental stuff you'll gain more from playing, writing, experimenting and making mistakes than you will from going to school to be taught that little bit more about theory. the thing is you don't know what you need to know until you come to it when you're composing yourself.

i can't say how useful a degree is if you're hoping to be a professional contract musician though. it might possibly be worth it for that.

>song structure is a pretty intuitive thing
partially. Knowing better ways of organizing your material is always good though. You don't have to follow anything, but knowing how it works allows you to create your own structures with more finesse.

yeah that's totally true. with rhythm and picking patterns and stuff, when i write new sections i often have no idea what i'm going for and it's just experimentation until i work out something that fits nicely and sounds interesting. i think i could learn more about that from breaking down contemporary music i like though.
i say it's intuitive because just by listening to music you'll get a general idea of song structure.

Idk I play drums

It's something that naturally developed in time to meet the needs of composers, allowing for a satisfying and coherent combination of repetition, variation and motivic development.

>360 degrees
>walk away

based

>you told me you loved music
who the fuck says this

These /r9k/-tier autismo threads need to fucking stop

Theory only seems hard because latin words and fancy terms put non posh people especially poor/nig people off and make it think it's 'not for them'

>t. can't answer the question

>principle theme
>principle

its the key of my ass

"This dick ain't gonna suck itself bitch"

Who is this spunk monk?

She doesn't look real.
She looks drawn.
Am I crazy for thinking this?

Not gonna do your homework for you buddy

I said music dumb thot, not music theory. Listen next time...

You just did the same thing

I'm not into western musical theory myself. I'm more about African tribal rhythms.

come on user answer the dam questio

It's a desu cute girl.

give me the videos you watched NOW

I think it's a filter or something.

woah hold up you never told me you like classical music you fuckin nerd

i don’t even want to have sex with you now get out

>haha I just ”””””learned””””” music theory off youtube and it’s like soooo important in music you phillistine

will newfags ever learn

Woah if I don't know music theory I just don't love music? talking about waste of my time... need to delete all of my albums.

I honestly can't tell if post-ironic newfagposting is genuine or not

Uhhghhhhgg
G sharp harmonic minor arpeggio?

damn this bitch really went overboard with the bra padding