>7/10 story

really nigga

what was the story exactly?

Its shit

I'll let you know when I watch it.

Which will be never.

So I guess I won't let you know.

So fuck off.

Not nearly enough style and the substance came from an autistic mind, making it very questionable. Overall it was a very straightforward movie with a couple of dream-like scenes that i felt like didn't touch the subject matter in a sensible or interesting way. That one movie where the model cucked her smalltown boyfriend was much more grounded, hot and had a better pacing.

It was fantastic. I saw it in theaters and was so drawn in I forgot to eat my crab legs.

It's true that there were no innovations when it came to story, but I like how heavily stylized it was some of the shots were beautiful

the use of music was also well done

people love to scream "style over substance" about this one but this entire movie was ABOUT beauty and aesthetics.

"Beauty isn't everything. It's the only thing."

What better way to tell a story about vapid beauty and surface appearances then in an over stylized way which plot takes the back seat?

I thought it was fantastic

I'm in love with Elle Fanning

Is the stylization in this movie effective stylization or ostentatious stylization?

Refn should not be allowed to write movies. Still, I can't really hold it against any man for wanting to film some weird kinky lesbian shit.
Also Keanu saved the film for me.

It's literally John Wick without guns.

Like most movies since the early 90s, it's a copypaste of visuals/characters/settings/storylines from earlier movies.

I don't mean inspired, I mean actually copied almost shot for shot.

I like Neon Demon betteer when it was called Blood and Black Lace.

Both. There's too much of it, so it becomes ostentatious because of it, like a painting with too much going on all at once, but the stylization itself is effective.

When aspiring model Jesse moves to Los Angeles, her youth and vitality are devoured by a group of beauty-obsessed women who will take any means necessary to get what she has.

The story is pretty great desu, it's the way it's structured due to refn's kinautism.

MOTY, by the way

I want her to stomp my testicles in those blue shoes.

>The story is pretty great desu, it's the way it's structured due to refn's kinautism.

>>MOTY, by the way

Was about to answer seriously why you're wrong before realizing you're just a memester

She has such a saucy throat.

I liked it, but mostly because it subverted my expectations quite a bit. Exceeding in some ways.

This is the answer: The story is boring, the characters are boring, the style and colors are really interesting.

6/10 will probably jack off to Elle again

This was unironically among my top 3 movies of the year (the vvitch and green room being the other 2). I genuinely enjoyed this kino and thought the dialogue was simplistic and over the top/in your face, but in a good way. The story was good, yet structured and edited in such a way that barely held the movie together. But I liked it.

Why'd you think I was wrong?

Because I didn't like it.

Are you kidding? BABL was a pale copy of Mannekang i rott by Arne Mattsson.

In fact TND has more in common with Mannekang than with BABL.

dude i ended up skipping the thing a bunch of times and questioning "wtf was i watching?" because it just dragged on and on without anything really happening..

Like when she does her modeling for the first time, and they just show trippy images.. Or after they kill her and the chick sits in the tub.

I get it that it's pretty, but if youre not high, idk how you can enjoy watching a Kaleidoscope.

Hehe upvoted. Make sure to x-post this to /r/autism, frienderino xD