Relations between Swedish speakers and Finnish speakers in Finland

I have a question for any Finns here.

I've been reading a bit about the relations between Swedish and Finnish speakers in Finland lately, and to me, it appears that there is a really assymetric relationship between them.

The Fennoswedes are a minority in Finland. Most of them seem to be descendants of Swedish functionaries or nobility, and they seem to be mostly upper middle class. Whatsmore, they seem to be concetrated in the larger cities.

According to what I've read, it seems that the Fennoswedes are an extremely isolated community. They prefer to mingle with other Fennoswedes, and many promptly refuse to learn Finnish. When I browsed Yle recently, I saw an article about a Fennoswede mother who didn't want to send her children to a Finnish speaking school.

Despite not wanting to learn Finnish, most Fennoswedes seem VERY positive towards having mandatory Swedish education. You often hear them use arguments like "If all Finns don't know Swedish, how can we Fennoswedes get proper service at all public institutions, stores, etc?".

Everytime someone in Finland critisises mandatory Swedish, the Fennoswedes have two possible retorts:
>1. Boohoo, why is everyone so racist against us?
>2. We're a BILINGUAL country, don't you get it you stupid Finnish white trash?

My question is: why does Finland allow this to happen? Why is such a small minority allowed to boss the rest of the population around? How can this small urban elite constanly get away with shitting on the silent majority? Why should an entire fucking nation study Swedish just so this minority won't have to learn Finnish?

I'm baffled, honestly.

Other urls found in this thread:

iltalehti.fi/verot-2016/tiedot/top-kaikki.shtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You've made this thread before. You just want to bait Finns.

Why do Nords act like Finland is Sweden's bitch even though Finland ranks better than Sweden in everything?

The fact withstands that while Fennoswedes all hold elite positions in the Finnish society, Finnish speakers in Sweden are bydlo tier and live in poverty.

Top earners in 2015

iltalehti.fi/verot-2016/tiedot/top-kaikki.shtml

>even though Finland ranks better than Sweden in everything?
What meme surveys from pol have you read? Finland is behind the other Nordic countries in pretty much everything besides elementary education, mainly economically.

>Hildén Kai Jalmari
>Wahlroos Björn Arne Christer
>Eriksson Erik Kenneth
>Langenskiöld Lars Robin Eljas
>Fromond Elsa Margaretha Louise
>Stadigh Kari Henrik
>Fazer Jan Peter
>Fazer Majlen Teresita
>Hartwall Per Gösta Viktor sterbhus
>Blåberg Olli Edvard
>Sohlberg Hannu Tapani
>Lindfors Juha Antero
>Ehrnrooth Henrik Georg Fredrik
>von Rettig Tom Fredric
>Jordan Kari Alpo Erik
>Wiklöv Erik Anders
>Fromond-Braz Anna Gabrielle
>Forsten Visa Tapio
>von Rettig Ann Helene
>Fromond Lilli Sophie Louise
>Ulfstedt Markus Caj Sebastian
>Relander Harald Bertel
>von Fieandt Berndt Johan
>Ehrnrooth Helene Margareta
>Schrey Tina Marian
>Snellman Janne Olavi
>Björck Tomi Kristian
Among the top 100, 27 were Fennoswedes, yet Fennoswedes only make up like 4% of the population.

so it is finn=virgin; sweden=chad?

No, it is

swede=autistic
finn=autistic

He does this daily, even in our threads. Daily, over and over and over and over again.
Our nation is going to hell but he will never stop shitposting.

Only 18 with Swedish first names though.

No doubt that there is still a lot of old wealth in Helsinki Finland-Swedes but it's a matter of time until it's equalized.

>Our nation is going to hell
I'm glad it does and sooner you burn the better. It's about time for a reality check for you egoistic cunts

I hope you're right.

>you can unironically get FIRED in Finland for refusing to speak Swedish

GHAHAHHAHAHA

I honestly feel bad for you guys. I hope things get better.

You shouldn't, Swedes deserve to go extinct.

Why do you think that?

Things will not go better because the average Swede is still deluded enough to think everything's fine.

I think there will be a breaking point. Not sure if it will make any change though. I believe Sweden still got a chance.

Well, I do think I can answer your question since I come from a long line of Fennoswedes even though due to personal family reasons I'm a Finnish speaker.

Many Fennoswedes can speak Finnish and I have heard only a few grunts about learning to speak it and those have mainly come from areas that have a Swedish-speaking majority ad even there most of the young ones use mainly Finnish. In fact, the number of registered Swedish speakers is dropping yearly. Even though many Fennoswedes have a history of being aristocrats, many were still as poor as an average Finnish speaker.

The reasons for learning Swedish are mainly historical and even my Fennoswedish grandfather couldn't care any less if mandatorial education was stopped.

But racism against Fennoswedes isn't a joke, in the north and the east the attitudes towards Fennoswedes can be harsh; kids can be bullied in school, you could be isolated from the community etc. Of course this doesn't always happen and the attitudes can vary from place to place.

And the reason why they can get away with shitting on everybody? Well, they still do hold many prestigious titles and even have their own party in the parliament. They may be a minority but they are still influential.

A swedish name in finland doesnt make one necessarily a fennoswede

Mannerheim was Finn or Swede?

There are none in the north and east so the bullying doesn't exist either.

Nobody in the south gives a fuck if your last name is Swedish.

Very German man who liked men

>there are no gays in Czechnya

Finland-Swedes would rather move to Sweden if they want to leave their coastal comfort zones.

Well, you're right about it that active communities do not exist inthere but it has happened to some Swedish speaking families after moving to those areas.
But there does seem to exist huge hatred towards Fennoswedes at least in the Internet from what I have seen.

But it is true that the attitudes towards Fennoswedes in the South is very neutral.

German family, Swedish mother tongue, Russian military training and Finnish presidency.

You don't seem to be much better, in terms of shitposting.

Centuries of oppression that continues to this day in more subtle forms.

if thats true then why is this thread in english

Did you study another language in school? Can you converse in it?

I've studied Swedish for 7 years and I can only tell my name and age and where I live.

Fennoswedes are jews of Finland.

KANG

Stop oppressing descendants 19th century Finnish immigrants in Finnmark you bastard!

haista sinä mursu paska

HOL' UP

Nordea is Finnish owned, and Nordea has like half of all Swedish mortgages. The finns literally own us.

Actually almost no Swede is that delusional. However vast majority is too delusional and dumb to understand what actually is wrong.

An old-style cosmopolitan nobleman.

Swedish mothertongue. Spoke Russian during the day, French at home. After arriving back in Finland, it was Finnish in public(mostly) and Swedish/French in private.

He also knew German fluently and I think some English and Chinese.

Served in Russian military and died in Switzerland.