ITT: artists universally loved by Sup Forums

ITT: artists universally loved by Sup Forums
>inb4 grimes
ima say our guy ariel pink

ariel pink:
>Maybe she’s angry that I’m the male version of her, who was at 4AD before her
----
>But that hasn't stopped Pink from continuing to point out his influence on Grimes. In a scene from a 2012 feature story in Spin, he watches Grimes perform at Make Music festival. (Keep in mind, this is when "Oblivion" and "Genesis" were everywhere.) "She doesn't do the ramanah," Pink says, referring to a vocal style popularized by Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder. "No, she does the Pink-a-nah." Later, he adds, "every time I hear her, I hear a little of myself." Pink also tried to invite Grimes on tour with him in 2012—but she was already fully booked. Funny enough, that seems like an apt metaphor to exactly what's happening today.

dude, here's the deal: despite that well known quarrel, ariel considers grimes the female version of him. what does that mean? it means that if ariel is /ourguy/ then grimes is /ourgirl/. it's an all or nothing situation, no exceptions.

probably tylo be chillin

i don't mind grims personally, i was just for telling the possibilty that someone says grimes cause the thread to derail

ok. tbch grimes is not universally loved here and neither ariel. maybe nmh, radiohead, king crimson, mbv, death grips, kate bush are better answers.

im not a big fan of ariel, but he's got some great songs, and i dont like grimes at all.

as far as universally loved bands/artists, i'd say... maybe michael jackson? lot of people seem to like aphex twin too

>i dont like grimes at all.
i'm afraid you're a pleb...

i mean ma boi mikes decent, but i wouldnt say i love him

the lyrics are great but the music itself is shit. im afraid youre the pleb here user

Xiu Xiu
Wu-Tang Clan
GY!BE
Neutral Milk Hotel

careful dude gy!be has fallen out of favor with a lot of trumptards who just realized they're extremely political

>caring more about lyrics than music
the pleb is clearly you. the music is actually the best part. seriously, what's not to like about songs like realiti or oblivion?

i don't care about the lyrics more than the music, but her music is uninteresting. the lyrics are the only thing that make it noteworthy to begin with. i can understand why a pleb might like her synthpop drivel... but i can't be sold on it

>death grips
Also I don’t think many people would actually grimes if grimesposting wasn’t so rampant

ariel pink:
>Maybe she’s angry that I’m the male version of her, who was at 4AD before her
----
>But that hasn't stopped Pink from continuing to point out his influence on Grimes. In a scene from a 2012 feature story in Spin, he watches Grimes perform at Make Music festival. (Keep in mind, this is when "Oblivion" and "Genesis" were everywhere.) "She doesn't do the ramanah," Pink says, referring to a vocal style popularized by Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder. "No, she does the Pink-a-nah." Later, he adds, "every time I hear her, I hear a little of myself." Pink also tried to invite Grimes on tour with him in 2012—but she was already fully booked. Funny enough, that seems like an apt metaphor to exactly what's happening today.

dude, here's the deal: despite that well known quarrel, ariel considers grimes the female version of him. what does that mean? it means that if ariel is /ourguy/ then grimes is /ourgirl/. it's an all or nothing situation, no exceptions.

ok. tbch grimes is not universally loved here and neither ariel. maybe nmh, radiohead, king crimson, mbv, death grips, kate bush are better answers.

Just keep talking basically

>i don't care about the lyrics more than the music
>the lyrics are the only thing that make it noteworthy to begin with.
Troll logic

im saying that even though i dont care that much about the lyrics, the music is so bad that the lyrics are the only interesting thing, despite me not even finding the lyrics intresting

>grimesfags are this retarded

Boink

so, you just hate patrician synthpop like a true pleb. your loss.

Oh, boink! Boink boink boink

I liked when he called her dumb or something like that

are you lazare or something synthpop is shit

>lazare
He had something to do with this place

Fuck this place really is dead

I'm not familiar with Ariel Pink's work at all.
any recs for tracks that most obviously influenced Grimes?

You may as well say hi to grimes

you have shit taste. also wtf is lazare? why should i know all random anons?

listen to the whole album pom pom. it's all over the place and catchy, like art angels.

like art angels the album

oh yeah. i hear the influence, but grimes isn't purely derivative. not of just him, at least.