Robot Wars

What's the best strategy for winning?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JqY5R1xEwPc
lh3.googleusercontent.com/-gUsk0aYR1sQ/VZSuDK_xklI/AAAAAAACODY/sjdCLnaxc5w/w400-h224/SSIT-Battlebots.gif
youtube.com/watch?v=UNk5-3fGNqI
youtube.com/watch?v=EmzEvuLZdmE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

flipping

a flipper

Spin to win.

Also making it flat as possible and making sure it can turn itself over if flipped

push someone into Mr Psycho

spinning, that's a good trick.

something that works really well but they ban immediately after so no ones ever creative.

he was basically /ourguy/ right?

A tiny net

Correct

>you now remember that tranny that drove chaos 2

A big plow and rocket jets

A gun

post robotkino

youtube.com/watch?v=JqY5R1xEwPc

What? Was a ginger guy with a squeaky voice.

>still good robot.

ROADBLOCK

A cannon that shoots angry bees at the opposing team

You need to be able to run upside down. Or at least have a self-righting mechanism. If you're vulnerable to being flipped, you're only showing up to lose.

The most effective weapon is easily some sort of spinning disc. They are able to strike your opponent with so much force, if they don't throw you across the ring then they tear your armour apart.

Satellite robots or drones seem pretty useless. Not sure I've ever seen an effective use of either.

>TechTV
Kill me

a solid block of steel with a ton of tiny spherical wheels attached. No automation needed

Either a spinning blade or flipper to unflip urself

Someone used a net attached to a bottle rocket which insta failed

No entanglements in the rules.

Same with battlebots.

Here it is.
lh3.googleusercontent.com/-gUsk0aYR1sQ/VZSuDK_xklI/AAAAAAACODY/sjdCLnaxc5w/w400-h224/SSIT-Battlebots.gif

File limit!

Hi guys

Spinning blades might be really popular but they are still stupid fun to watch. The way they tear and fling most of the competition provides more entertainment than those shitty flippers ever could

The other team would just push you into the pit dumbass.

there is no pit anymore, just gay little hammers in the corners

>Whichever bot has a big fast spinning chunk of metal on it's front basically always wins.
>The one guy who tries to counter this by putting a spring-out net inside a present box (hilarious) in front of his robot is disqualified when it gets tangled up and stops spinning.

Pure faggotry.

kek

this

the Floyd Mayweather of Robot Wars

boring as fuck but you just can't defeat it

To be fair the next counter is straight up just having a bot strong enough to break the spinner

Build a walking robot that only has a flail.

Should never have been allowed

How is that not cheating.

If they did this tv show now the robots would be the same or would be they more advanced?

Why was 2016 Robot Wars so bad?

>They did do the tv show now?

they'd all be drones

>That was a pathetic loss
Wow didn't they have feelings back in 2005 or whenever this shit was airing?

Never give your child the remote control

Sir Killalot was my sexual awakening. I used to imagine him pinching my bum and I liked it.

>Aerial robot wars
Yes please

>drones
>effective
lmao
youtube.com/watch?v=UNk5-3fGNqI

A mash up between Knight Rider and Death Race 2000

>not wanting to stick it in matilda's big round ass

was he /ourguy/?

>he

>the only one who turned up without a single friend, family or anyone to even pretend to like him and be on his team

...yeah.

this made me sad

No Craig Charles.

God, I loved wheely big cheese

youtube.com/watch?v=EmzEvuLZdmE

It's okay user, at least we have each other to shitpost with

because of these fags

truly /ourguy/

REMINDER

>WAHHHHHH MOMMYYYYY TAKE IT AWAY WAHHHHHH

back to plebbit you crybaby leftcucks

Everything wrong with this place in one picture

Lacking coked up craig

fixed

was she kino?

The problem with spinners is that they always break down

I don't get the point of flippers. Most of the bots can either self correct or can work on either side.
You're banking on:
>1)flipping them into the pit
>2)causing internal damage with the force of the flip
>3)flipping them on their side.

That's a lot of wishful thinking when spinners are just:
>1)rip apart your opponent's bot (preferably just the wheels)

its control. Even if the flip doesn't disable the bot, the guys controlling it have to work harder to compensate for being flipped than you do to just flip them again.

>3
should be a new house robot tbqh

That cocky twat got his ass handed to him.

Just a box with Koksal Baba in it

The thing was that stupid shit couldnt attack anything it just had the virtue of being really hard to fight because it was so tall.

RC car with saws glued to it that can do backflips directly onto opponents.

>robot wars thread
>gets political

It wasn't desu, it just wasn't quite as good. Dara is great with the roboteers in the pits but he's far too BBC tame for main hosting duties. Angela is a QT though

Was he /aguy/?

Nofun, no carnage, no Craig, no grit, too clean, presenters weren't into it.

I thought it was good fun but there was a noticeable lack of ripping each other to shreds which half the fun.

If Pussycat is reddit then I guess I'm reddit.

My favorite parts are when the bots get pushed into a hazard.

I think there is a factory stamping them out somewhere, I saw some RC airplane youtube videos recently with like a clone of the robot wars ginger, but too young to be the same person

A low to the ground spinner that can unflip itself.

>It's a Tornado is unkillable episode

Fucking bullshit that they can just declare wins invalid and change the rules mid-tournament. 'Spirit of the rules' is the most fucking jewish trick in games and sports.

This. Spinners are the real cheat here.

>Exclusively Irish BBC cronyism Presenters
>Shitty arena
>Shitty sound and video production and editing
>Half the robots made by retards within a couple of weeks of the show filming
>Shitty safety cutoffs that just switch robots off mid-fight if they get knocked gently the wrong way

It was just all shit

There was MORE of that than the old show, the problem was no Craig Charles and no grittiness.

SPINNING FLIPPER!

Legal. This is just like having a normal chassis, but without the covering. Peel back the coverings on all the robots and you have a chassis like this. They merely made their chassis larger.

Dara 'Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhh' O'brien is a fucking shit presenter anywhere, and if the BBC wasnt just a cartel of rotating panel show 'comedians' and the same producers constantly recycling formats he wouldnt ever get work on TV

No there wasn't, like 95% of the show was inactive, undamaged robots being shunted into a pit after about 10 minutes of bumping and shitty driving

did flamethrowers ever work for anything? aside from burning up stupid cloth coverings like the bot in OP that is

Battlebots > Robot Wars

The last two seasons proved it and I hope it comes back.

The house robots in the arena is really dumb imo. We get it, you built some cool robots and you want to show them off.

How about instead: All the losers of the matches have to team up against a single house robot. Maybe for points or maybe just a small cash prize for anyone still standing.

team diotior actually smeared some highly flameable paste on top of the cloth just so it would burn quicker

>absolute madmen

who /grannysrevenge/ here?

>tyres

They literally never learn

Make it out of really hard steel and as heavy as possible

Give it lots of pushing power and just don't let it die.

You'll win easily by just pitting everything in a borefest.

You just described the original series

They were surprisingly sturdy because they were bendable plastic

Got hit by spinners many times and survived