HOW DO WE FIX THIS PIECE OF SHIT?

HOW DO WE FIX THIS PIECE OF SHIT?

>Get rid of this ridiculous league/cup hybrid you have going on. Make the Superbowl a cup competition and the NFL a real league
>Give Mexico some teams so you can make a Champions League with Mexico and Canada
>Let black people be QB sometimes, black people are good at sports
>Let white people be running backs some times white people are good at runn-
>scrap the above idea
>make each team source their own youth players, fuck this retarded draft idea
>bring in transfer fees - Brady to La Chargers for $100billion should be a thing

Yes I love when leagues only have a handful of relevant teams each season.

Literally the NFL right now, just because the teams behind the Patriots change slightly year to year doesn't make it any better than for example the English Premier League that has the same 6 teams relevant forever

People are overreacting. Did the NBA die after Jordan, before Kobe and Shaq? Also, half of NBA teams had a financial loss last year. I don't see anyone whining. NFL will be fine, although I would like them to move the Rams and Chargers from LA, fuck LA

> Let black people be QB
> Dont let white people play running back

Yes good goy, lets go from 70 % black NFL to 100 % black. That sure will solve everything.

Worked for the NBA and Ligue 1

Just take away some of the TV money that team owners get if their team is in the bottom 3 of the league a certain number of times in a row.

>sweden

> t. JaMario DeSpaghetti
> t. JaMarcus DeShawna

execute refs that throw ticky-tacky flags that anticlimactically kill exciting games
>tfw still annoyed by opi from last night

>unironically wanting pro/rel
kys

The problem is that there are too many white people in the NFL. White people make the sport suck

Only reasonable response in this thread.

>take off the armor
>make the ball round
>eleven on each side

there. I fixed the NFL.

that was a horeshit fucking call. The officiating in the first few weeks has been garbage. The OPI they called on Martellus Bennett on Sunday night still baffles me, it completely changed the entire game on one fucking bullshit call

your overstating their dominance in last 20 years theyve won, not exactly bayern of nfl
also, there's no clear #2 that wins whenever the patriots dont happen to win the sb

i had forgotten about that one, but yeah, it was bullshit, too. iirc the flag came out late on both those penalties, too
>bogdanoff.jpg

> t. Muhammad Allahu Sharif

So what, you're telling me the NBA sucked when Jordan played because he was the GOAT? Because Brady is the GOAT. Besides, the Pats are gonna go down hard, just like Giants are now (and as a Jets fan I just love seeing those Giants bandwagoners sweat).

Putting pressure on officials to call what you want them to in any sport causes more fuck ups.

>Packfags complaining about refball

There's already 11 on each side

Putting pressure on officials to call what you want them to in any sport causes more fuck ups.

Never said that but the fact the entire United States only has 32 pro teams is fucking disgusting. So sure promotion and relegation is a good idea. Why shouldn't the Bumsville Bandits have a shot at winning the Super Bowl?

This guy is onto something

Only because you turn the end of your season into a luck cup. If it was a real league Patriots would one of the most dominant teams in any sport in the world. fact.

>HOW DO WE FIX THIS PIECE OF SHIT?
Let them fail, let it return to a core group of fans like the GOAT era the 70's. Stop trying to expand outside of North America. Remove the salary cap no one ACTUALLY gives a fuck about parity and people want players to stay on their team. Stop pandering to women and other groups who don't give a fuck about football. Bring back the college atmosphere of games. Bring back actual rivalries instead of the plastic shit we have now.

The NFL got to big to fast and assumed they were to big to fail so they started making dump and unpopular decisions that made the whole thing plastic, boring, and a chore to watch for anyone who was not a hardcore fan.

Oh and fix the fucking rules or get robots the officials clearly can not handle the retarded rules the NFL imposes on them... or bring back the replacement refs.

>Get rid of divisions
>Teams play against every other team in their conference during the regular season

Same number of games, but no free pass to the playoffs for those in easy divisions (or vice versa for those in tough ones)

>Teams in the playoffs begin matching up against the other conference starting in the wildcard rounds, rather than just the Owl

Ensures that a weaker conference can't just get a team to the Owl by default, and allows an all-AFC/NFC final if those are the best teams

>No more instant win overtime

Every team should be allowed a chance to respond with their own offense, losing on a coin flip is dumb

>Less power for owners

No deciding to move entire 'franchises' on a whim just for more $$$. If a city merits having a team of their own then let them join the NFL as a new team.

>Video review every contested decision

The game already has a tonne of stoppages anyway, so you might as well use a few to ensure no dumb human referee decisions ruin close games

There we go NFL fixed

every one of those ideas is terrible.

At least elaborate a little

Ban the game outright from every single campus of education. High school and College. Remove federal funding from schools who do not comply.

Make a Youth System across the nation that consists of academy programs funded by NFL teams. Age 18-22 only.

The Youth League will be tiered similar to how Soccer is. Players are required to spend 4 years mandatory in the Youth League System.

Coaching in the YLS will be standardized and strictly regulated with emphasis to coach the violence of helmet to helmet hits out of the game.

All coaches must teach strict curriculum demonizing using the helmet as a point of impact. Players will face SIGNIFICANT penalties for failing to abide. Forced retirement after x incidents.

Top league (NFL) will remain the same.

More league revenue, an entirely new set of leagues to spectate upon, mass localization of pro-teams, solving of football programs cheapening the University system, and the CTE issue absolved in one generation

no. they're all laughably bad and none of them deserve more explanation than that.

The current overtime rules are fucking retarded. He has a point on that one.

Commercials are pleb filters.

except for the fact that they shortened ot to a 10 minutes limit this season i like them. encourages teams to sack up and go for the td.

10 minutes is fine, but really a fucking coin toss deciding games most of the time is retarded.

I'd say the AFC is pretty boring. It was usually down to a mix of Steelers, Pats, and Peyton Manning, and with Manning gone we still ended up with Steelers vs Patriots in the AFCCG.

The NFC winner is usually more varied

I like the elimination of divisions and overtime rule changes but the team thing will never pass, mostly because the NFL is a private league, not public and none of the owners want to vote against each other in fear that it'll fuck themselves over in the long run when they want something. As for the penalty review, that can be easily solved by employing full time refs instead of part time hacks, referee competency would go up if all they did was referee instead of doing it for a season then going back to their day job

Can you be any more facetious.

>you are now aware that the team that won the ot coin toss won the game 45/87 times since the td-to-win rule was implemented
yup, not even 52%, ya whiney faggots.

>Soccer shit

Fuck off. Not to mention that no football town in the south would accept this shit where local high school games mean more than pro games.

Great thread Luigi, unironically would fix this shit league

>be American
>defend communism
I'll never understand

Making the Youth League system have multiple tiers is to make the potential player pool large enough to make sure good talent doens't get left out. You know, like D1, D2, D3 in college.

Schools that don't participate will have federal funding stripped. Fuck em. Fuck the south. Schools are for learning and indoctrination, not for exchanging concussions with each other.

How about this: delete this shit sport from existence and just replace it with superior footy

>stripping federal funding because they don't play the sport you like
niggayoubestbetrolling.jpg

It's a tremendously stupid idea to have pro/rel. Talent would be so fucking scarce it would not be fun to watch. It would almost certainly mean that poplar teams would dominate, as the bumsville bandits wouldn't stand a chance at making an offer towards elite players.

There are only 32 pro teams because the other teams aren't pro... Minor league teams simply are just farm systems. Players are promoted/relegated but not teams.

Also, you are arguing against the best part of sports: the playoffs. There is nothing more anti-climactic and dull as a regular season record contest. It's not even best-on-best and all teams don't play each other. It very rarely even comes down to the last game.

>Also, you are arguing against the best part of sports: the playoffs.
this. and win-or-go-home games are god tier.

only niggers watch NBA

I'm not. I am a card-carrying fascist though.

>caring about -isms more than actual good ideas

Politicians I'll never understand.

>Also, you are arguing against the best part of sports: the playoffs. There is nothing more anti-climactic and dull as a regular season record contest. It's not even best-on-best and all teams don't play each other. It very rarely even comes down to the last game.

two seperate contests.

nah you are just a pussy that needs to fuck off and die.

>tfw provide concrete numbers to counter anons' emotional opinions and they never respond

LITERALLY

Less commercials.
Less commercials between possessions. Let the team play Offence and if they score or go 3 and out immediately bring out the defense and if they stop the offense or concede a td of fg then go to commercial
Remove the 2 minute warning commercial.
No more "presented by _______". I'm already being bombarded by stupid fucking ads, I don't need them whilst I'm the game is on.

>give mexico a team
pic related will happen on every gameday, you'll see players wearing blinds and sunglasses,

Platoon play, and getting rid of facemasks
Increasing size of ball

A true league requires that every team plays eachother an even number of times. There are too many teams for the number of games they can play.

meme games like last night desu

>Getting rid of facemask

No, maybe hands to the face, but facemasking is really fucking dangerous.

also
>get rid of the draft
>jets have shit tier recruitment for the next century

>black QB
scrapped
>Canadian teams
there's literally a law preventing this.
also,
>when there's more croatians supporting jets than anyone in the US

Disband the Panthers, Jaguars, Ravens, and Titans. Rename the Texans to the Oilers. Have 3 divisions for either conference, with 5 teams in each division.

Why not go "Canadian style" for the overtime?
>it's like hockey shootouts, teams start at the 35 yard line and got 3 downs to score a TD, then they must do a 2 points

i think he meant the physical facemasks, not the penalty. that way players will protect their heads better instead of using them as weapons.

Yeah, they do that in hockey. The President's trophy is awarded to the highest point team. No surprise it doesn't mean shit and players don't even care about it. It's all about winning the cup.

>cowboys attempting to infiltrate into Broncos country

Fucking pathetic cowcucks

You mean cuckegg as it is?

>not being a communist in THE CURRENT YEAR
cuck

Who has more counties Broncos or Cowboys?

>be Communist
>starve

people are going to think this is ridiculous, but i say get rid of video replay entirely. the focus on minutia is retarded. besides, its usually painfully obvious what it is anyway, and we have to see it being replayed for like 10 minutes. slows the game down so bad.

>ads before kickoff
>kickoff, touchback
>ad break
>first down, play review and flag
>ad break
>second down, injury
>ad break
>third down, flag
>incomplete pass
>commentators mention sponsors as punt team comes onto the field
>punt, flag
>fair catch
>ad break

that map must have left out nassau county.

>we

>>Let black people be QB sometimes, black people are good at sports
>>Let white people be running backs some times white people are good at runn-
>>scrap the above idea

no-one told Carolina.

The only way to REALLY fix the sport is to get rid of illegal formations, increase the field length to 200, increase the number of defenders to 13, and only whistle plays dead when the ball goes out of bounds (or on a flag). Also no unnecessary roughness, facemask, pass interference (etc) pussy flags.
Flags should only happen for blatant penalties, like an offside where the DT lines up standing next to the FB.

The NFL should be hectic madness. It should be the Blood Bowl but IRL. None of this faggy "don't touch the QB or you get a flag, don't touch the kicker or you get a flag, don't touch the punter or you get a flag, don't touch the receiver or you get a flag, don't touch the corner or you get a flag, etc" shit.

cowboys

the montana and wyoming counties are very large

>increase ncaa eligibility to 8 years
>fold the nfl

5 of the last 10 Super Bowls had a matchup where a least one of the teams had never been to or never won a Super Bowl before.

Jets coming in different this year

The AFC Super Bowl team's QB for the last 10 years is either Big Ben, Peyton, Brady, or Ravens QB. It's a total stale conference with almost no parity.

Gas the jews, obviously.

>just because the teams behind the Patriots change slightly year to year doesn't make it any better

Owl teams in the last decade:

Patriots best Falcons.
Broncos beat Panthers
Patriots beat Seahawks
Seahawks beat Broncos
Ravens beat 49ers
Giants beat Patriots
Packers beat Steelers
Saints beat Colts
Steelers beat Cardinals
Giants beat Patriots

That's a pretty good mix of traditional power-houses and scrappy teams taking their shot.

>Why shouldn't the Bumsville Bandits have a shot at winning the Super Bowl?

Because they would literally be killed, yea even unto death. I'm not talking the score, I mean there would literally be a loss of life on the field.

>Let them fail, let it return to a core group of fans like the GOAT era the 70's.

Maybe.

>Stop trying to expand outside of North America.

Yes, beyond that, stop trying to expand beyond the US. This is a US sport.

>Remove the salary cap no one ACTUALLY gives a fuck about parity and people want players to stay on their team.

Better, have all ownerships merge into one organization, each team run by current owners. Then set what your salary is for each position, with bonuses for accomplishments or longevity. Teams keep employees they like, trade or cut those they don't. If you don;t want to make a damn good salary playing a sport, go do soemthing else -- you are not entitled to be a gazillionaire, being a mmillionaire is sufficient.

>Stop pandering to women and other groups who don't give a fuck about football.

Yes.

>Bring back the college atmosphere of games.

How? Atmosphere at our stadium is OK (Charlottefag here) but what do you want it to look like?)

>Bring back actual rivalries instead of the plastic shit we have now.

Agree, but right now we got good rivalries with Saint and Falcons, don;t care as much about the Bucs because they're sort of cute and helpless, usually.

>The NFL got to big to fast and assumed they were to big to fail so they started making dump and unpopular decisions that made the whole thing plastic, boring, and a chore to watch for anyone who was not a hardcore fan.

Overstated, but essentially right.

You'll watch players get their brains turned into mush with CTE and eventually commit a violent mass murder-suicide.
But you won't watch a man die on the field.

It's bloodsport whichever way you look at it. Embrace it. It was never an issue until 2-3 years ago.
The Roman gladiators were pretty popular too. They didn't start fighting with rubber swords and foam daggers just because a bunch of sissy purplehaired lesbian turbodegenerates (who never even watched a single game) started freaking out about it.

The NFL should aim for at least 1 filled bodybag per game.

>>fix the fucking rules

God's ears ---->

Current rules get more arcane every fucking year. If you can't easily define what a fucking catch is in a game that features this much passing and catching of the ball, then something is wrong.

Fuck off

>let black people be QB sometimes
lol we did that and it got us dogfighting rings and a guy who wants starter money to be a backup who kneels during thr national anthem instead of at the end of games lmao

>>Get rid of divisions
>>Teams play against every other team in their conference during the regular season
Maybe, but I'd miss playing rivals twice a year, Those revenge games can be really great.

>>Teams in the playoffs begin matching up against the other conference starting in the wildcard rounds, rather than just the Owl

No objection. Not really any strong support either.

>>No more instant win overtime
>Every team should be allowed a chance to respond with their own offense, losing on a coin flip is dumb

This. We almost got to that with the new rules -- give each offense a possession. Personally, I'd just play another 15 minute period, but OK, TV hates that idea. So gives each team a possession, get rid of the "unless the first team get's a touchdown" nonsense. If somebody is ahead after that, we has a winner. If not, give each team another possession. Call it a tie after some number of possessions or after 15 minutes or whatever.

>>Less power for owners

That's silly, they own the thing,of course they have power.

>No deciding to move entire 'franchises' on a whim just for more $$$. If a city merits having a team of their own then let them join the NFL as a new team.

But we don't need more new teams, we have enough now. If some city (looking at you, St. Louis) stops supporting their team, the team moves. Nobody moves on whim, they move as a business decision. Sorry your team went to LA, but that's life.

>>Video review every contested decision
>The game already has a tonne of stoppages anyway, so you might as well use a few to ensure no dumb human referee decisions ruin close games

Nah, just allow coaches to challenge, if they lose two challenges, they're done. BUT if they keep challenging things that get changed, then they are not wasting time and are fixing legit blown calls, so deserve to keep tossing the red hanky.

>NFL fixed

But what about Activism Month? Got to get that in there somehow!

get rid of pass interference penalties. they are fucking lame.

It's perfect as is. In past years is was pretty subjective.
>dumb one foot force out rule, gone
>I had two hands on it and my feet touched so it's a catch!
>gone
Just show that you have control of the ball. The Dez drop was called correctly. Don't nigger-ball it and lose control of the ball when you hit the ground. Hold onto the ball and it's a catch. Pretty simple.

>Ban the game outright from every single campus of education. High school and College. Remove federal funding from schools who do not comply.

When you start there, I know you are not serious.

>Make a Youth System across the nation that consists of academy programs funded by NFL teams. Age 18-22 only.

That's silly. Are you being silly?

>The Youth League will be tiered similar to how Soccer is.

Oh. You're trolling. Making the NFL in any way more like soccer is not the answer.

>Coaching in the YLS will be standardized and strictly regulated with emphasis to coach the violence of helmet to helmet hits out of the game.

You can do that without the rest of your crap.

>Top league (NFL) will remain the same.

Fixing the NFL was supposed to be the point of this thread, "How should we leave it the same" would be another thread. Go start it if you want to.

passing was tacked on in the early years because too many people were dying in collisions and pileups. the original rules weren't written to accommodate pass plays so I'd assume by this point in time almost everything in the NFL rulebook has a faint smell of ass.

>employing full time refs instead of part time hacks

Your lips -----> God's ears.

Hey guys, I think a guy who doesn't like football has all the answers about how to fix football!

>the best part of sports: the playoffs
We have this, it's called the FA cup.
Infact any shitters in the country can join in, hence you get stuff like Lincoln City - Arsenal last year. Lincoln players were literally part time builders and they put out two second tier sides and a premier league side (Burnley) on their run.
It's great fun.

You want somebody to give you free dats in the form of free football. It don't work that way.

Making commercials less intrusive is fine, but paying for all this is going to have to happen.

The fault lies in CFB for not properly preparing its athletes for the transition into the NFL. There is mo suitable developemental league. CFB is an entirely different game. Defenders are basically taught to spear players with their heads. Players entering into the league don't even know how to pass block or tackle.

Soccer works with adverts before/halftime/after and around the pitch only. It still makes billions, just less billions.

>Increasing size of ball

Que?

>If some city (looking at you, St. Louis) stops supporting their team, the team moves. Nobody moves on whim, they move as a business decision.

I get that this is the reasoning used, but it's not like they're going to fill stadiums in LA either after the first year. Especially with 2 teams there now. They may even end up with less attendance than either had in San Diego/St Louis.