The level of incompetence in the adults is just infuriating...

The level of incompetence in the adults is just infuriating. I had to turn it off halfway through the 3rd episode last night. It totally ruins my willing suspension of disbelief. I simply refuse to believe anyone could possible this idiotic. I really want Mr. Poe to die, simply because his stupidity is almost at a criminal level. Idk though, maybe that's what the author is trying to portray though, how ineffably stupid adults seem in children's eyes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rs96Ksod88M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's a comedy.

If it's accurate to the books, you did yourself a favor. The ending of the 13th book was the second time I was let down by a franchise as a child.

The first was the ending of Animorphs

Yeah, but still

I read all the books too.. I don't really remember the ending though...I assume the were reunited with their parents

Parents are dead.

I'm actually ok with that

Dude did you ever read the books?

Thats a major part of it, its a dark comedy that stresses you out purposely.The level of incompetence gets toned down after Austere Academy.(5th book, first episode of what will be Season 2) while things become more out of peoples control.

I mean you have the fucking intro, and the narrator telling you every episode you will be disappointed and nothing happy really happens.
The show has done an amazing job capturing the books imo.

It's an absurdist fairy tale faggot.

I loved this series when I was a kid. I hate that insufferable piece of shit NPH though. What do?

Putting a label on something doesn't necessarily make it less frustrating.

>really want Mr. Poe to die

Calm down, friend. Do you want some tea from your pal, Stefano?

Its supposed to be. You know, kinda how the children are frustrated as fuck as well from this incompetence.

Whatchu got against NPH anyway?

Who's this character?

Count Olaf's disguise for infiltrating the reptile room

Bullshit it looks nothing like Count Olaf.

The ending wasn't an ending

It was "they sailed away and I never of them again, their boat might have sank and killed them though lol"

>Count Olaf

Where? It's just Stefano!!

Watch it. NPH is doing great in this role. His Olaf is as close to the sinister book version that we've gotten so far

Imagine how based the series would have been if it ended with Olaf murdering them and then chilling out with his new fortune

I think you need your eyes checked user. that's Stefano not Olaf

This is a children's series.

Animorphs was "they went to war with another alien douchebag but we're not going to write 47 more books about that shit" leading to an overarching theme of "they're doomed to continue fighting alien cunts forever"

>missing all the reference to "and years later"

Idiot

Good troll *slow clap*

Fuck men you get to the fucking ending? I couln't even past bird man being half alien fuck that shit men

>i didnt read the books: the post

I read the ending for it too. Didn't they all die? They started another fight and lost I think. I'm pretty sure I saw the author comment that she wanted them to go out fighting, similar to how they came in

One of two of them died and the rest bum rushed it and it sorta closed on that.

Accept that it's not a real story and they're not real characters.

If it was real they could go to the police after day 1 and have it all sorted. It's not a drama, it's comedy.

>maybe that's what the author is trying to portray though, how ineffably stupid adults seem in children's eyes.
Yes, that is exactly the point.

>the narrator telling you every episode you will be disappointed
People have been trained to believe that any narrator who does this is being facetious, and the best part of this series is that he is absolutely not. Their lives are terrible, and they never really get better. The kids just get better at appreciating the happy moments tucked between.

It ended with Rachel dying, Axel getting possessed by a new godlike superalien freak called The One, and then the Animorphs flying the Blade Ship straight at him, the series ending with Jake giving the order to ram him

But why am I watching? It's so frustrating, but I can't look away.

False hope, mostly.

Stop hoping for resolutions and enjoy watching schemes and incompetence.

Then the series is working, that is 100% the point.

I think I was in 4th or 5th grade when Animorphs ended, I didn't have great taste.

At the time I also thought Attack of the Clones was the greatest movie ever made.

Seems like a pretty sadistic model for the viewers

Its like watching a car crash. It sucks for the people involved, but you get enjoyment from watching it, or at least entertainment

Stupid fucking nigger

Ahh, so it's a model FOR sadistic viewers. Maybe we all have a little sadism in us. Or maybe, I'm watching, because I feel empathy for the characters and want to see what happens to them. I guess it's a delicate balance of not being TOO harsh to them, because it is a children's series, but maybe it prepares children emotionally for tragedy.

>budget Jim Carrey

Book 5 and up get much darker.

Always much more interesting, and Sunny skill is being a good cook vs the teeth shit.

I always pictured him as an elderly white man in the books. He's stupid, but he's naive. Niggers aren't usually naive, they're suspicious, because they have criminal minds. Their stupidity is only apparent in the form of their ill-conceived plans. Count Olaf would have made a better nigger, but he was too sophisticated and inventive. Really, it should have been an all-white cast, but that probably would have looked racist.

I mean, most of this takes place in the upper echelon of society. Maybe some of the henchman should have been niggers, because they're basically slave criminals, but they're stupid enough to go along with Count Olaf in his schemes and not ask for much.

>old black lady says "I'm your aunt Josephine"
>Violet says "Are you sure?"

I think all the stupid characters should die. I think that's an underlying theme in the book. Even though Count Olaf is a criminal, the greater crime is stupidity and ineptitude.

>the mirror scene

Based Netflix!

Idk, is that victim shaming?

Its called a fucking disguise you inbred piece of shit, kys

LOOK AWAY
LOOOOOK AWAY

Why does NPH insist on singing in everything.

>the greater crime is stupidity and ineptitude

My, my, oh darling, don't be so mean. Count Olaf is so amazing, strong and beautiful!

Can we talk about how the girl that plays violet is 13.

Can we all agree that the ending song is 10/10

youtube.com/watch?v=Rs96Ksod88M

Yes, thanks a lot for parading around jailbait, netflix. I'm usually pleasantly surprised by how old actresses are and not making me feel like a pedophile, even if they look young. Netflix went the other way on that one.

AYO

HOL UP

SO YOUZ BE SAYIN

WE

WUZ

BANKERZ

AND SHIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEET

>why does the guy who literally can't stop catching dicks in his mouth and ass enjoy musical theater
It's an eternal mystery

Did they get a different but similarly handsome actor to play Stephano? I just can't see any of that devilishly good looking Count Olaf in this man.

my favourite instance of dramatic irony in the series is poe's persistent cough, because his character is literally cancer

Can anyone recommend some eye bleach tv series after this?

Something like Rick and Morty, the Office, South Park, Community, etc., that is obscure though, because I've seen most stuff

I'm so torn with Mr Poe. I think the actor playing him is beyond amazing and has some of the funniest delivery of the entire show. His coughing is superb, and all around he's a delight to watch performing whenever he's on screen.

But he just doesn't look the part. I don't mean because he's black, because I can forgive that easily enough when the rest of the show's world doesn't contradict that fact. But he doesn't look like the bumbling, incompetent man I saw in the books. I think in that respect, Timothy Spall filled the role better. If only there was some kind of middle ground for them both.

I'm used to reddit...wish I could upvote this

i remember reading these books as a kid and wishing that the children would just pick up a kitchen knife and stab the shit out of Olaf during one of the long, interminable portions where he's successfully convincing adults to go along with his schemes.

Eh.
I got used to it.

It helps that they changed his family as well. So he fits in with his homies.

>because his character is literally cancer
>literally

Danger 5

it's fine m8 we tried in (you)'s here

also why the fuck is aunt josephine black

that one guy is the indian pizza owner from spiderman 2

>Watching The Wide Window episodes
>Cringe every time Aunt Josephine is in a scene
>She's just so poorly performed it's actually painful to watch
>Check the actresses wikipedia page
>Fucking enormous filmography with decades of experience

What the fuck went wrong? Was she having an off-day or is it the director's fault or what?

I remember her as the woman who exclaimed "The Borg?! Sounds Swedish!" as Patrick Stewart tommy-gunned them in the Holodeck

she wasn't a well presented but clearly mental white woman

Maybe he was trying to say that he's figuratively cancer.

no, because he both has cancer and is cancer, the nature of cancer makes it correct to say that atleast some part of him literally is cancer

This.

The Wide Window has by far been the weakest arc due to Josephine.