What type of person do I have to be to enjoy this?

What type of person do I have to be to enjoy this?

the kind of person that cares about some two hit wonder pop band from the 90s

Someone who likes British rock/pop music from the 60s and 70s, but also understands irony and satirical humor in a very, very 90s context.

>being a human

a FAST one

>those dogs are probably dead now

>24 years ago
>probably

s/t is better

13 is better

ALL THE PEEPO
SO MANY PEEPO

well im a male american college student and i enjoy it

Their only good song is coffee and tv

WOO-HOOOOOOOOOOO

whatever shite blur has put out coffee and tv redeems it desu lad

Anyone in England 1994. I miss the days when certain albums could approach ubiquity. House mate is listening to it, its on the radio, go out, its playing in the local greasy spoon, go to the pub, someone is playing it off the jukebox etc.

This

You misspelled Beetlebum

this is the worst album Sup Forums has ever recommended me. i fucking hate british people.

13 and their self-titled is their peak.

Yeah but it got pretty ridiculous with oasis in 96.

Britain has a lot of great bands, but blur isnt one of them.

Wrong, but fuck that song is great.

I've yet to hear a single good reason on why people hate Blur. I've always looked at them as the less talented version of Ween in terms of versatility. But still great nonetheless. Miles ahead of Oasis or The Stone Roses in terms of musicianship.

Very true and I'm sure I moaned about it at the time. But in retrospect, very lucky to have experienced a period where a relatively unified pop culture was in effect and it felt like something cool and exciting was going on.

Can laugh at Britpop a bit now but in reality I don't remember anyone being too cynical at the time, we too busy having fun. I wish it could have gone on forever.

Genuinely feel for millennials missing out on this kind of thing.

>sing
>for tomorrow
>advert
>blue jeans
>chemical world
>turn it up
>girls and boys
>end of a century
>badhead
>clover over dover
>this is a low
>theme from an imaginary film
>stereotypes
>country house
>charmless man
>the universal
>he thought of cars
>yuko and hiro
>beetlebum
>on your own
>chinese bombs
>death of a party
>look inside america
>strange news from another star
>tender
>coffee and tv
>swamp song
>1992
>caramel
>trimm trabb
>no distance left to run
>ambulance
>out of time
>good song
>on the way to the club
>moroccan peoples revolutionary bowling club
>sweet song
>battery in your leg
>under the westway
>lonesome street
>ghost ship
>ong ong

Oldfag amerifat here. The reason is, that they always just seemed like a wannabe boyband that didn't make particularly good music. I watched a lot of MTV (particularly 120 Minutes), listened to the radio (particularly the alternative stations), and read a lot of music mags (particular indie/alt ones, some brit stuff, sometimes the big rock ones).

I grew up with the tail end of the original "alternative/indie scene" and stuck with it as it morphed into grunge and 90s alt rock. I only remember 3 of their songs being popular.

The first was "There's No Other Way" in like '91-'92 that came along with the flood of bands from over there in the wake of the Smiths and New Order and Depeche Mode and U2 and stuff. But this song just sounded like a bad ripoff of all that new indie/dance music stuff at the time that either were big on alternative radio (Happy Mondays with "Step On", Stone Roses with "Fools Gold") or became big pop hits (Jesus Jones "Right Here Right Now" and EMF "Unbelievable). Soon after the "new wave" of alternative had bubbled up and all that brit synth-y/new wave/jangle stuff was out and loud, punk-ish weird angsty stuff was in. I assumed they were just another flash in the pan.

But no, in the summer of 1994, they came back and were slightly bigger than before. By this point most of the last bits of older alternative had been excised, but some stuff slipped through the cracks. "Girls and Boys" was this horribly irritating The Jam vocalist meets disco-new wave pop. Insanely repetative and aggravating. It really stuck out like a sore thumb at the time compared to the rest of the alt stuff. Plus there was this terrible techno remix that made it onto my local pop station for a little while too. And all the critics and magazines were talking about how great the album was.

Oh and then "Woo Hoo" song like 3 years later. Enough said...

why did you include me

At last I found a truly good Blur album

What did you think of U2's reinvention in the early 90s?

Their music is just bad except a few good songs.
Oasis and The Stone Roses are much better than Blur in my opinion though, so I guess it's just a difference in taste.

sorry wasnt paying attention nice meme

thanks fren nice list of songs :)

The thing about U2 is there had always been people claiming they sold out with each successive album Personally, I didn't even hear any of their music until "Pride" and then Red Rocks on MTV, but wasn't a fan until The Joshua Tree. I hated Rattle and Hum, but they sort of won be back with Achtung Baby. "The Fly" was way different than anything they had ever done and "One" and "Mysterious Ways" were near-classics for me. It was clear they were paying a lot of attention to what was going on in the UK at the time (dance music and indie/rave stuff and shoegaze and industrial and hip-hop, etc.) But the songs were still pretty strong. I saw them on that tour and it was really damn impressive, never seen anything like it before or since. And then Zooropa sort of just came out about a year later with little fanfare. THAT was fucking weird, but I thought "Lemon" and "Numb" were cool. Most people didn't see it as a real U2 album. The big thing after that was the song from the Batman soundtrack. That was really good.

Even though I do think there's some good material on it, "POP" and that whole era really fucked them over in America. The second Discotheque and the video came out, lots of people turned on them. And the rest of the singles fared no better, the album was panned, and the tour was a total failure compared to the previous one.

And literally the next year they had swung the pendelum all the way to the opposite side, making cheesy pop like "Sweetest Thing" and "Beautiful Day", which was fine at first, but the returns were diminishing with each new release. Going into the new millennium would hurt them even more, even if it seemed like they were on the up and up at the time.

That's not their self-titled

motherfucker

an idiot