People fear what they don't understand

People fear what they don't understand.

>People fear what they don't understand.

What did he mean by this?

that you fear op

Nah

A film of this made by the right director could be great.

Juila Roberts as Dagny Taggart
Toby Jones as James Taggart

The Fountainhead was great, who would you choose?

Denzel Washington as John Galt

Don't worry, zack Snyder has got you covered bro

Aaron Eckhart as Hank Rearden

can't be a leftist Director

Daily reminder Ayn Rand died penniless and on surviving solely on welfare.

your point being?
her taking welfare doesn't refute any of her points, if she thinks she was being robbed by the Government, it's only normal that she'd take some of her money back by receiving social security

Liberal logic

Ironically so did Karl Marx.

She should practice what she preaches.

she would if the government didn't steal her money

not ironic, that was his life goal

And how exactly did the government do that? Did it forcefully take it from her? Did the government rob her at gunpoint?

i enjoyed the first movie, sure it was tv quality but i liked who they cast for Dagny Taggart and Henry Rearden

>The government shouldn't steal from me and pay parasites
>EXCEPT WHEN IM THE PARASITE

Libertarians are hilarious.

lol what action sequences does this even have? A plane chase? Thats it? How the FUCK is Zack Snyder going to make this

Absolutely! that's what all governments do, if you don't pay taxes, you go to prison

Getting kicked in the balls has to be the most misunderstood experience ever

You're right let's all stop paying taxes and quit maintaining infrastructure and our justice system. Oh wait America is already doing that lmao.

I don't want to watch a man give a speech for literally several hours.

what Ayn said is that it's immoral for the government to do what they do, all taxation is theft

and by taking gov money is was benefiting from theft, which makes her a parasite and thief

AS is a fantasy story.

Every character is set up to be the perfect strawman for the author's philosophy. Everyone is utterly, completely incompetent *except* for the author's heroes, who are all supermen of intellect and morality. Its as completely unbelievable as a medieval fantasy, these people are all as real as dwarves and elves.

Its a fun read, I enjoy it. But at no point does the story's philosophy strike me as relevant to the real world anymore than I wanna go out and find the one true king to pull the sword from the stone.

But don't listen to me, read it yourself.

NO! try to understand, if she was being taxed, taking gov money means she was taking her money back, is that so difficult to grasp?

>Theft: A criminal act in which property belonging to another is taken without that person's consent.

1. Most people give their consent to taxation.
2. According to the law, the sum which you pay in taxes is not your property.

Ergo it's not theft and Ayn Rand is a stupid dyke.

I despise Ayn Rand as much as any other thinking person, but that's one of the more specious criticisms of her philosophy. Superficially, it could in fact actually be considered proof of her positions: state interference in the economy reduced her to destitution and dependence.

The aspect of Atlas Shrugged that bothered me most and I think undermines her most basic foundations is that simply isn't how production works. Rich people don't just up and decide one day to build a train or a factory or something. There's an existing demand gap that they come in and fill: the feedback loop between consumer and producer. So John Galt running up into the mountains with his choo-choo train and the handful of other special and precious richfags to enjoy the fruits of their hard-won wealth is just ridiculous. If they don't have a working class and a middle class with whom they interact through markets, there simply is no economy. Consequently, there are no rich people.

How this became a "philosophy" is beyond me.

>1. Most people give their consent to taxation.

In a gang rape, 7 out of 8 people give their consent

Wow nice counterargument faggot. I think we're done here.

>taking her money back
and you know just how much she was taxed and how much she recieved, right?

It's funny how ibertarians say all taxation is theft, but when people ask them how they are going to finance the ppolice and firefighters and courts they suddenly change their position and wants "limited government"

And those 7 are not the one being raped, so your analogy is shite

I know leftists love mob rule but that shouldn't be how it works

she was a millionaire for most of her life, so it's obvious she gave much more than what she received

this is why there's a difference between ancaps and libertarians, silly

Wow what a rediculious, unrelated example user. 10/

What's the best way to trigger a libertarian? Somalia.

except libertarians usually also says taxes are theft and unless you live in ancapistan there will be taxes so libertarians are dishonest pricks

this

Driving on paved roads

in our society, Libertarians are raped

It's a moral question, it doesn't matter if a society functions better or worse

Pls be bait

>morals

Ah I was wondering how libertarians would actually build a functioning society on their beliefs. Good to hear you don't actually care about that.

It is though, communist societies could be the best places to live but it would still be immoral for the government to rob the population

You mean like the USSR and Mao China? Yeah those were awesome places to live in.

>inb4 no true scotsman fallacy

gud

Stalin did nothing wrong faggot

Who should play Ayn Rand in the next biopic about her?

Liberalism is a mistake.

The only way is the third way.

yall best step off if you know whats good for ya

you misundertood me, I'm not agreeing with commie societies, I'm just saying that even if they were the best places to live, it'd still be immoral to tax the people

>the third way
no third position is better

So you would rather live in a tremendously ineffective and crippled society just so you could have arbitrary moral standards?

This

>tfw you horshoe from libertarian to communism and come understand they're nearly the same thing

Communism fundamentally relies on stripping people of their freedom in order to implement. Who the fuck wants to live in a society like that?

Rand's beef was never with paying tax, it was with removing people's freedom and how society would implode if we reached a position where everyone was trying to consume more that they could produce.

Nor do rich people earn their wealth in a vacuum only thanks to their ability. They function in a society, and that society was built by their predecessors.
It's an infantile pseudo-intellectual rubbish that ignores both human nature and historical evolution of human society and culture. Literally Sociopathy-The Ideology.

>rampant rape and murder is preferable!
Yeah no. Most people are content with giving up a little bit of freedom for security.

On the contrary, I fear objectivism and anarchocapitalism precisely because I do understand it and what would happen if it was ever put into practice. When I didn't understand them because I only knew them from what little I had been taught about it, I thought it didn't sound so bad.
Same goes for Atlas Shrugged. Reading it makes you see just what horrible people the main characters are. They engineer society's collapse and cheer it even though they know countless people will die, because in their eyes those people deserve it.