vocaroo.com/i/s1NgPgVecI5X
vocaroo.com/i/s04SobcvFjye
vocaroo.com/i/s1kq392Io43s
youtube.com/watch?v=SP7bdigwRgU
clyp.it/i3xquvls
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Lmao poorfaggs get some real gear and stop playing chinkshit and squiers

>tfw this obliterates the poorfa/gg/s anus

Yes, learning is for the NEET and gay, the same as effects and any kind of theory.
I learnt the flight of the bumblebee when I was 15 4 years ago, not at school because it's a total waste of time/money.
vocaroo.com/i/s0Uz2g45ggBX
vocaroo.com/i/s1WOhrE5VsvK
vocaroo.com/i/s1NgPgVecI5X
vocaroo.com/i/s04SobcvFjye

>nigson's bank account just went up in flames
Based Agile to save the premium guitar market

The allure of the P90 pickup...

Lmao lmk when you can play a tony macalpine song soyboy.

It finally came.

Sorry m8 superior lp here

Post things only poorfags say:

>a $500 guitar is 95% of a $2000 guitar

Aren't they made in the same factory?

Blo/gg/in
I realized how far I've came as a musician and tech today. I just bought a banjo after maybe putting 2 minutes into one at a shop 6 months ago. Came without a bridge so I pulled out my calipers and with my stationary belt sander I made one up outta some oak cut off. Not ideal and a proper one is in the mail but it works and sounds good enough for a guy who's never played one. I got the bridge placement perfect by ear using the same method you'd use for checking intonation on a guitar. After tuning and stretching and tuning again I got to playing and within 30 minutes I started to realize my intervals, realize where my chords ands scales are at. My finger picking transfered pretty well but it's in no way a proper clawhammer technique. The only thing I had to look up was the tuning, I remembered that the 5 string was the highest pitch so I assumed it was one of the .010s in the pack and I got that right. I have more interest in comping over Dixieland than playing bluegrass though. It'll definetly help on my resume for local country cover bands, and those guys are generally more profitable than other cover bands.

I wonder if this is the stuff that the current guitar era will be remembered for alongside the mellow and jazzy styles of Mac Demarco and Gas Dapperton or whatever he's called again. Looking forward to kids complaining about dadtappers on gear reviews in the 50s

Ok, if I post the word "nigger" I could get banned for racism outside of Sup Forums but if I post he word "ni/gg/er" its a reference to the /gg/ abbreviated from guitar general.

So when I call you all a bunch of fucking ni/gg/ers don't even try to report me because you'll get banned for filing a false report.

Understand?

Looks like "Roman" is off his meds again

please rate songwriting
vocaroo.com/i/s1kq392Io43s

Guitar song of the year by these guys

youtube.com/watch?v=SP7bdigwRgU

No. Agile is the superior foriegn-made LP
Chris Mitchell Guitars is the best U.S. made LP.
Made in GA, from raw lumber, all materials sourced from the U.S. The guy also makes amps, all made in the U.S. from U.S. materials.
Pic related, mahogony body, rosewood fretboard (ebony is an option), thick maple cap with no binding to show the wood, and nitro finish. 800 bucks for the basic model. They do customs as well. I'm talking with Chris now to see about commissioning a custom job.

Guys are more proficient technically and don't shy away from instrumental music in the same way girls do who follow a more traditional singer songwriter approach

Too bad he's using the same super cheap asian hardware that comes on the cheapest epiphones.

Probably i think theres Wmi and Unsung factories in korea. Fact: early lower end deans were made by the esp part of the factory along with the low end ltd.

Pretty funny actually. The jokes about blacl people as a whole and the "jokes" about /gg/ posters line up with eachother.

This is actually pretty cool. Reminds me of nomeansno if they didn't play punk. It's an example of how playing the same part a little differently can change the feel.

Just keep saying nigger and post GUITARS

lmao

Shut your dick sucker, you fu/gg/in' ni/gg/er!

Sorry m8 the maple too isnt warped on deans.

>Agile

I understand in some contexts "dick sucker" has a lot of impact, but you totally missed and opportunity to say fa/gg/ot.

Have you been able to acquire any luthier tools yet?

damnit. was supposed to be
>Fagile

>My mexican strat is as good as any american standard.

Not really i have a few.chisels and just sand paper. I need to buy a router and orbital sander tho.

Oh yeah bb, thats it

>with a few parts changes

I got to a minute. That was shite!

>not buying a sterling

>the factories are only 60 miles away so theyre made by the same people anyway.

grover tuners, graphtech nubone nut, and bourns pots are standard specs. decent stuff.
I'm ordering mine with Seymour Duncan SH-1 '59 in neck, SH-2 Jazz in bridge, TUSQ XL nut, and string saver saddles. black headstock w/ binding, ebony fretboard with creme binding. No fret inlays except for pic related @12th fret
Will let you guys know what pricing turns out to be, and how the guitar looks/sounds whenever I get it made.

Which one or mix of am i?

meant to reply to

They dont make a stirling silhouette standard

also the fret work on most non-petrucci stirlings ive played feels like it was done by freddy krueger

Also Im not poor

>SH2 Jazz
Enjoy ur icepick

My buddy got one of those BFR purpleburst steve morse sigs. Holy fuck is that thing gorgeous and completely tasteless in person

it's between that and the dimarzio 36th anniv paf, not really sure exactly what to put there, I usually don't play a lot with the bridge

Shill me some good Musicman players/bands brother, Musicman is almost synonymous with boring guitar wankery for me because of Petrucci fuck

SD perly gates are fucking dank for those "slightly hotter than vintage" PAF type tones.

Pretty cool. I would just get a new bridge altogether though, not just the saddles, those large post asian tune-o-matics really suck dick. The Tonepros AVR-II is a good inexpensive bridge.

Im ashamed for liking this sig guitar. I even considered buying it because its very beautiful imo

Lmao'ing @ ur lyfe

>Seymour Duncan SH-1 '59 in neck, SH-2 Jazz in bridge
So fucking generic.

Don felder and joe walsh
Both guys from maroon 5 (fuck you Songs for Jane kicks ass)
Steve Stevens, although he plays everything
Both the the Less than Jake guys
The dude from descendants
Every bassist in every band ever

theres a LOT of country/pop sidemen that use EBMM as well. Theyre kinda unique in how they sponsor people, so they tend to sponsor a ton of smaller acts and fewer mega rockstar types.

Hoping to see something from you at some point, not many people take an interest in building instruments and even less actually move past reading a little bit about it. I don't know if the sale is still on but you could get a 19" fret sanding beam on etsy for $10 plus shipping from a machinist. I bought one for the hell of it, against a straightedge it holds true. Hell of a lot better than $60 plus the minimum of $10 shipping from stew mac. The only difference is the hard corners and no laser engraved logo. Being able to do a good fret job is invaluable.

Yeah suhr pickups are sick, But theyre twice the price of any of the ones we're talking about. At that pricepoint you can go after shitloads of sweet boutique-ey pickups

I don't gig, I'm a hobbyist who's been playing for less than a year
If you've got recs I'd like to hear them, I don't know much about specific pickups

I'm dreaming about this cheap bass.

All the cool Dads play Music Man™

Yea i find the building aspect very fun. I may be too ambitious for what i want but im hoping to make a neck out of a solid block and a body just as well. I was actually also hoping to get it local from some fallen trees but california has some dumb laws on harvesting wood well at least in the angeles national forest. Also i want to make my own inlays ill go to some nearby coves soon and collect some mother of pearl material for you guys. How do you think i can cut that material without a laser? A grinder?

Not that guy, but you should probably get the Dimarzio 36th PAF. They have a great clean sound, almost single coil-ish.

You can get something from Lindy for about that price, he makes the best noiseless p90s I've heard. His split blades are pretty cool too, works off the same principle as p bass and comanche humbucking pickups.

>list of pure shit
ebmm dropped

Well if I'm not mistaken isnt sd offering some pickups now at some dumb prices like $160

Taking what people posts here seriously is a mistake
That is a cool dad with fucking ugly guitar

>paying more than $5 for some copper wire wrapped around some magnets and plastic
Goddamn why are guitarists so unbelievably fucking stupid?

I think Fralin is probably making the best pups anywhere at any price. That might just be my next project strat.

So you're telling me those $5 pickups on ebay are just as good as boutique pickups? Shit, I could have been saving so much money!

Why are peasants so insufferable?

Suhr fralin and lollar are prolly top boutique right now. Then bareknuckle

Just build that very simple electronics yourself and tell me if that sounds good

OOOOH SEÑOR JOOR GOING TO MAKES ME SQUIRT

A fool and his money... I think you already know where this is going.

Legit question, where's the pricepoint at which pickups become snakeoil? I've been looking around the catalogue of Lindy Fralin and Lollar and these pickups certainly sound good but they are sometimes 200 a piece. That's almost half a midrange guitar. What about the GFS stuff? Any good? I wanted to replace the humbucker in my Pacifica

It's all subject to taste really. And for some of the scatterwinders like barenuckle, there's substantial variability pickup to pickup (although the objectively bad ones get tossed).

My personal taste is lollars for p90s and PRS 57/08s or the tremonti set for buckers.

I just need to find an American Strat at a good price and drop in a custom pickguard.

>2018
>being this poor

LOOOL

No one gives a shit about your personal taste, retard.

I really just do not like that pickguard and control plate.

Just get whatever demarzio bucker sounds good in demos , It'll be a massive improvement over the stock one and will usually be less than a 100$.

If you arent a fart smeller, the upgrade to the pricey brands isnt really worth it for humbuckers. P90s/singlecoils are a different story

It's a good thing you don't own it then, huh?

No one putting those in a shitplank.

Honestly for finding your own inlay stock you'd probably be best using files and sandpaper. A stationary belt sander or a much more expensive drum thicknessing sander will let you at least get one side flat. Both of those will find plenty of use in any wood shop. If you could market hand found and personally picked stuff like that it'd add a nice little bit of personality which is something people want from a handbuilt guitar. You might be able to get good results with a grinder but they're much more agressive and for something like that finesse will lead to fewer headaches.

I forget you live in commiefornia, you'll probably have a couple hardships from that. You can always try to source wood from other places, it's not like my area where someone can buy a tree, fall it then get a mobile mill to come out for it without anyone batting an eye. Aside from that you guys have pretty regs for solvents, anything that produces VOCs. If you ever get into a production setting you'll probably be forced to use low VOC varnishes that are much harder to work. I'm not not sure how the electricals work but you may also have to be mindful of lead. I want to say that I read that any electrical device made for sale mjst use lead free solder and RoHS compliant components. Don't quote me though because I can't cite it. I use to do environmental inpsections and auditing but my specialization was Petrochemical so anything outside of that didn't matter that much. Just things to keep on mind so you don't find yourself in a bad situation.

next time ill be sure to just unilaterally proclaim my favorites as "best."

>be me
>one of my IPs gets popped
lmao

I don't think it worked, my guy ;^)

>p90s
all the hum of single coils and none of the sparkle

look up the bill scheltema neck jig plans. That thing makes shaping necks about 95% less painful if you have a decent router.

>paying more than $5
jesus roman/pajeet/pinoy is full force this day

I'm the Fralin fan here and I like guitar fetish too, I don't think they sound as good but I have never found a situation where I couldn't make them sound good. I have like 30 guitars and I can't justify dumpong $300 to $600 into all the ones with bad pickups. The only ones I haven't tried are the filtertrons and tha's because I only have one guitar that can fit them and ot has TV Jones pups. I know a lot of musicians and I take guitars as payments for labor(swapping service panels, running brake lones, etc).

They 100% can't help themselves, senpaitachi.

I got to go get a OCD hazmat shower, be back obvious baiting in an hour or so.

got this today. really love it.

model name is on the sticker but you can't really make it out, it's a dx1ae. not crazily expensive. got it second hand but it's completely spotless and hardly played.

I'll have a look at the Dimarzio humbuckers then. The P90s and Gold Foils interest me a lot though. I just don't think that dropping them into a cheap guitar is worth it.

>poverty Martin
my condolences user

>jam man solo xt

supreme taste in loopers

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it
Hmm maybe i can make meme locally sourced organic finished non gmo guitars

clyp.it/i3xquvls

I honestly don't like the pickguard, but I really like the grain patterns. Looks solid. Does it play well?

Is that a spruce top? looks different, almost like sapele/mahogany.