When was the first time you listened to your favorite album? What did you think about it?

When was the first time you listened to your favorite album? What did you think about it?

but people will make fun of my favourite album :(

1999. I still get shivers.

Dachau Blues scared me when it started

it absolutely fucking destroyed me and was my first real stepping stone in getting into more experimental music

I thought it was too samey

I was 16 years old and my cousin's friend had Daydream Nation cd in his bedroom and I asked if I could borrow it. I listened to it when I got home and I was blown away. Listened to it in loop the whole night. 6 years later and still my favorite album ever.

>tfw you dont even have a favorite album

not if it's actually good

last year

i expected shitty tumblr meme music and ended up getting my new favorite band

It was overwhelming but completely blindsided me with something I'd never heard before

I was very young the first time I heard The Wall. But I was a lot older when it became my favorite album. I was always pretty familiar with it, though.

One of my fav too. I girl that I was interested went to school wearing a Smiths tee and I listened some of their songs and Queen Is Dead (because it's their most famous album) just to impress her.

Find out days after it that it was her boyfriend's tee and she didn't know Smiths

You've never listened to an album that made you profoundly question a certain concept?

You've never listened to an album that made you cry from either happiness or sadness or both?

Are you new to music?

Scum Fuck Flower Boy. I hated it because it wasn't Wolf. Gave it another chance and grew to love it. Honestly loving it's vibes

Honestly didn't think much of it but Life of Possibilities stayed as an earworm and I found What Do You Want Me To Say somewhat familiar to something I had heard before so I re-listenef and was absolutely hooked

>she didn’t even know the smiths
ree

I was riding the bus with my team to a high school baseball game. American as fuck Bob was a baseball player growing up too.
I remember Gold Star For Robot Boy initially being my favorite track now I couldn't even pick one

Yes and no. I have many favorite albums. But narrowing it down to even less than 10 is something I cant do.

Was a music normie and thought that it was abrasive. Now I've listened to stuff much better than it but I still love it because of how solid it is and nostalgia

She said to me that she was going to listen to them because her boyfriend was a huge fan of them and because I was talking about them.

I don't know if she did. never talked to her again because I was sad finding out that she alrady had a bf.

my man. i'm pretty sure i loved it on first listen though.
make sure you give to the man who died in his boat a few listens through. it grew on me.

Listened to this on my a tape deck my mother got me 2nd hand. This came with it, remember thinking god this is depressing. But so good. I was 13 years old it was on a train to London travelling back from Norwich.

Joan Jett, Sandy West, and Cherie Currie are rock gods

i like this album too

if she didn’t listen to them because of her boyfriend she definitely didn’t listen to them because you did

she sounds shitty

I decided to play it in the background while I played Skyrim
Didn't think too much of it other than "this is fucking weird"
But then I heard The Sound
Since then, I've been a die-hard Swans fan

is this a meme?

Nope

My teacher was talking about music with the class and he listed his top 10 bands and told us to do the same. Massive Attack was in his list and I really liked the name. I thought it was a metal band (I was a metalhead during my high school) and I listened to it later.
Hated it.

Same, but for a different reason. Went into the album with the expectations of "haha tyler the creator is such a memer this album sure is gonna be wacky". Then I actually enjoyed it and now it's one of my fav albums.

objectively the best hip hop album there is

listened to it for the first time when i was abt 13
listened to it and thought it was pretty good and then a few months later it convinced me to pick up a guitar

>Breath is real, anger's real
>Sleep on your birthday and cry
>Cry, my baby
>Let me wash you
>I have no ears for my lady...

>Listen to me ;_;

I was very into folk in highschool and for the longest time pink moon was my favourite album by a long shot, one day reading about Nick I read about John Martyn who was a friend of Nick Drake and wrote the song Solid Air about him.
I thought well that sounds neat but I didn't have very high expectations because I never heard of him so how good can this rando folk dude from the 70s be so I downloaded Bless The Weather, Solid Air and Inside out as I heard they were a trilogy.
Few months passed because I was never really in the mood to listen to any of them and one night when I was feeling awful, litterally at my lowest point in life I decided to sit in my room in the dark and listen to the three albums in order.
I've never been a feelsie guy Pink Moon was my favourite album but I liked it because of the guitar work and shit but listening to this was like a fucking fever dream, some songs like Solid Air absolutely destroyed me, some songs like head and heart made me feel better than I'd felt in months and when "so much in love with you" the last track of the three ended I decided to take a 180 in my life and I've never been able to pick one of the three as my favourite.
Sorry for the faggy blogpost but seeing people share stories made me wanna stop lurking for a change

6 Underground was my favorite song as a kid, it perfectly captured the essence of growing up in late 90s SF and meeting interesting people that shaped my perception of cool. I'd hear it on the radio every now and then, and in high school I decided to try the whole album. Every song was just as good or better than 6 Underground, instant favorite.

A few months ago, i was driving around midnight LA, you know, the time when all the neon lights and nightlife happens. I put on Since I Left You thinking it was gunna be a decent pop rock album. Holy fuck it was honestly one of the best nights of my life

I played it as background noise and thought it was a simple and nice ambient album. I was pretty sleep deprived when I listened to it again and about had an out of body experience during Radio Spiricom and Blood Rainbow.

I've listened to a lot of albums as I was going to sleep, so I'd either miss out on the final few songs, or hear them just as I'm falling asleep.

I didn't like one of the songs the first several times I listened to this but I really love it now.
Not my number one favourite album of all time, but I do love this.

The first time I listened to it I played it in the background while browsing Sup Forums while drunk.
I thought it was okay, but nothing special either. It kind of blurred together.

The second time I heard it, was when it became my favorite. I was tripping on Shrooms, had just heard Exmilitary, & needed something to calm me down & bring me back to reality. I remembered this album sounded pretty happy, so I figured I'd give it another go.
And it was one of the best music experiences of my entire life and changed the way I've heard the album since entirely.

Forgot to add the image

I listened to Thick as a brick after getting into prog stuff and that album just was amazing. i cant describe it but the way it listened I just loved it, i would play it on repeat while reading

I know that feel

I wasn't into my favorite record the first time I listened to it.

what album is this the artwork intrigues me

Lighght by Kishi Bashi

intro caught my attention right off the bat
likin it so far

Me too. One of the first to give me amazing chills.

Also for me it was Animals by Pink Floyd, it was when I was 12, I remember reading the book Animal Farm and listening by internet suggestion and it just blew my mind.

must've been driving during work a couple years back, maybe 2015, hearing "THE WORKERS ARE GOING HOOOOOME, YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!" really resonated with me

Two years ago I found this masterpiece. It made me explore more music and the sound of this noise that I never heard before and it was breathtaking. The lyrics are not on as good their albums, but being drunk and high makes me trip out so much. the voice of jarboe and Mr.Gira is amazing. This album makes me go into a trauma of feeling Sadness, betrayal, joyful mood swings, back to depression, anger.

I don’t think I fell in love with a song quicker than I did with Undone. Overall great album.

I thought it was just okay the first time I heard it

Then a few months later it was amazing